Options

Wednesday Ticker 12/7

For those due 3/1, 3/8, 3/15, 3/22, 3/29

How far along are you:

How big is baby:

Upcoming appointments this week:

Any new symptoms or changes:

Rants/Raves:

GTKY: What are your favorite winter holiday traditions?

Re: Wednesday Ticker 12/7

• Options
    How far along are you: 29 weeks

How big is baby:  acorn squash

Upcoming appointments this week:  This Friday, doing the gestational diabetes test

Any new symptoms or changes: same ones

Rants/Raves:  feeling happy about more things for the baby.

GTKY: What are your favorite winter holiday tradition?:  I love looking at people's houses with Christmas lights. My DH and I grab a hot drink from Starbucks and drive around to the addresses advertised as well decorated.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you: 25 weeks

How big is baby: Cauliflower

I had one on Monday. Babies look good, one is a little bit naughty. Baby B spent the entire ultrasound kicking his brother in the crotch  :D . They are 1 lb 11 oz and 1 lb 9 oz. My uterus is measuring the equivalent of 33 weeks with a singleton. I've been moved to an every 2 week appointment schedule, but around 32 weeks would move to once a week and then eventually a couple of times a week. 

Starting to get reflux  :'( I was hoping that I was just super lucky and have bald babies... but alas.

Rants/Raves:

Rant: I have a new diagnosis of "maternal obesity syndrome" which was noted in my chart, but they didn't say to me. What is the point of passive aggressively noting issues that you don't bring up to the patient?!?! I looked it up online and having this issue can actually be really problematic for my babies, so I'm a bit miffed they haven't said anything. I've gained 32lbs so far in this twin pregnancy. I know that's on the high side for 25 weeks, and definitely too high for someone that started off technically obese by the BMI chart. No one has mentioned my weight, weight gain, or anything to me. The one convo I had about weight was with my doctor at my first appointment when I first found out I was having twins. I asked her how much i should gain and she said 25-30... I'm not sure what they want me to do about it now? Not eat? I'm going to continue to eat healthy and see what happens. After the babies are born I'm definitely making an effort to be healthier and more active. 

Rave: My doctor is requesting that I work from home 2 days a week from now on. Working with my HR team to make it happen.

Christmas eve party with my dad and his brothers and sisters (he's one of 10!) and Christmas day at my mom's.
  • Options
    How far along are you: 26 weeks - Do we consider this 3rd trimester?  :)

How big is baby: head of lettuce, kale, bowling pin, butternut squash, 7-11 double gulp

none this week.  Next week is my glucose test

starting to feel the tightening in the belly occasionally, and if this hair does not stop growing on my chin, I'm going to chop my chin off.  

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant:  Just got back from McDonald's (because I wanted their french fries).  Well I also ordered a milkshake...apparently the machine was down so they asked me to pull aside and they'd bring it out to me.  Well - the person to bring it out to me...."I Couldn't find you!"  with an attitude.  I mean really?!  you're going to give me an attitude because you have to WORK?  Ugh.  

Rave:  I really love having this group of ladies.  Sometimes you guys keep me sane and grounded.  :)  Thank you for being you!

Well, We also go around on Christmas Eve looking at the houses with lights.  We try to visit family as much as we can...my extended family usually does a "family reunion" around Christmas time.  We'll see what traditions we'll start with LO.  
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    @lindsey2017 and @disneybaby84 Good luck with the glucose tests! 

@mecoats HOW DARE YOU make that person work ;) ! I feel like so many people I've dealt with this week have been salty with me because they don't feel like doing their jobs. Maybe its the weather change? 
  • Options
    extra Rave: my Amazon baby registry gift box just showed up! Awesome! There's even a boy baby toy included, which I love that it's a boy toy since my baby is a boy!
  • Options
    How far along are you: 27w

How big is baby: a bunch of bananas or lettuce

Upcoming appointments this week: glucose test tomorrow

Any new symptoms or changes: not being able to sleep at night regardless of how tired i am...last night i didn't fall asleep until around 2 a.m.

Rants/Raves: nothing pregnancy related...annoyed with a coworker who always makes snide comments towards me for no reason

GTKY: What are your favorite winter holiday traditions? Christmas eve dinner with my family, Christmas morning, annual Christmas party (we had it last Saturday)
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019

• Options
    @ngcsugirl1112 seems like several of us are doing the test this week. so sorry you got problem co workers, i know i've had my fair share, but i didn't have pregnancy hormones raging. Hugs!
  • Options
    For those interested I just found www.christmaslightfinder.com to find houses to visit
  • Options

How far along are you: 26 weeks (and 4 days. I just never ended up wanted to switch ticker change groups)

How big is baby: I don't know... some sort of lettuce

Upcoming appointments this week: today I saw the midwife and my iron levels keep dropping. I was at 23 in the summer and now I'm at 8... the naturopath wants me at 50 ideally..so I have a lot of steaks to eat

Any new symptoms or changes: just more tired and larger ;)

Rants/Raves: @disneybaby84 we ordered mickey's once upon a christmas and twice upon a christmas for our toddlers and they love it! Any other Christmas Disney recommendations that you can think of? 

this year we started doing a Christmas book advent with the boys. So we bought 12 Christmas books off Amazon and the rest I found at a library book sale. 
    We unwrap one every night for story time for the 25 days leading up to December :) I think this will be my favorite tradition 

• Options
    @lindsey2017 I love the sweater idea!!! Did you get that from the OC? I used to be in love with Seth!

@direwolfmini I always gain 35 lbs a pregnancy and I'm at 25 lb weight gain so far with a singleton... so I'm pretty sure that most pregnant women would also be lumped into "pregnancy induced obesity". I think it might depend on who is your care giver. My midwife just winked and told me not to go past 50 today... I think if I was pregnant with twins I would have far surpassed your weight gain. I hope you don't feel too stressed about it <3
  • Options
    @ihateusernames* there's Mickey's Christmas Carol. Goofy is one of the ghosts.  I'd love to join you eating the steaks!
  • Options
    Ohhh I forgot to add, I finally have a sort of birth plan. Since both of my labors ended in emergency csections (baby's fault not mine), I am having a planned Csection date for right around my due date. I went four days past my due dates last time so the Csection is likely to happen. BUT, if for some reason I go into spontaneous labor before 40 weeks, the OB on call will let me labour provided that baby and I are doing well. This may not seem like a big deal but after asking a million OB's to sign off on a TOLAC we finally have a resolution :) 
  • Options
    @ihateusernames* we totally got it from the OC! hehe
  • Options

How far along are you:
     27 weeks 

How big is baby: lettuce (whatever that means!)

not this week

Braxton hicks, I forgot how annoying they were

Rants/Raves: none this week

We are going this weekend to cut down our Christmas tree as a family :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @disneybaby84 thanks...i talked to my manager about her in my one on one and she praised me for the way i've been handling it...I just don't speak to the woman unless I absolutely have to
    Me (37) Hubby (39) Married since 4.2009
    EP:  2.17.2016
    DS:  3.4.2017

Pregnancy TickerDD: due 7.16.2019