August 2017 Moms

FTM Check In 12/6

How far along are you? 

Have you told anyone about the pregnancy yet? 

Any appointments this week? How did it go? 

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: If you could take a vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Re: FTM Check In 12/6

• How far along are you? 
    6 weeks tomorrow!
    We've told my parents and a couple of close friends. Not planning on telling anyone else until Christmas time.
    No appointments this week. First one is 12/15! 
    Rants/raves? 
    All the Bloating. I feel like I'm constantly bloated no matter how much water I drink. My pants are already feeling tighter because of it, which is annoying since I was hoping to hold off on buying maternity clothing. 
    Nope!
    I would go to Australia! I've always thought it would be pretty cool to be able to explore the outback and see kangaroos, koalas, etc. in their native habitat. 
  • How far along are you? 4+1

Have you told anyone about the pregnancy yet?  I told my husband. My older sister knew what treatment we were doing so I assume that she knows without me saying since I never texted her about my period haha. But otherwise, immediate family will get told in January and everyone else in February. 

Any appointments this week? How did it go? I have a blood draw today for TSH and hCG. 

Rants/raves? I. AM. SO. BLOATED. My husband thinks I like lied about what I ate and didn't tell him about some dessert or fast food because he didn't believe I could just be this bloated from 4 weeks pregnant! I explained to him progesterone (which I'm also on Crinone so that adds to it). 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Any bloat remedies?

GTKY: If you could take a vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go? Probably to New Zealand and walk the Lord of the Rings path!
  • Loading the player...
  • themrsthemrs member
    edited December 2016

How far along are you? 5 weeks today :)

Yes we have told my parents. The rest of our family will find out on Christmas. 

Nope first appointment is in a couple of weeks

Rants/raves? So far things have been going well. Just been very tired and hungry. I also worry constantly about a miscarriage which I know I shouldn't because there's nothing I can do about it. It's such a scary thought. I just want to get to my appointment and see that heartbeat!

Not at the moment. 

I would love to go to Greece someday. Hawaii would be nice too! 

@darkrose88 Australia would be amazing! I have a friend who lives there and she is always raving about it.

*edit because the bump ate my post 1000 times

H & I: Both 28
    Married: June 2015
    TTC #1: June 2016
    BFP: 11-24-16 ~ EDD 8-9-17
    IT'S A BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 4 + 3

Just my husband so far.. we are flying to France to surprise his family for Christmas, so planning on revealing the big news when we're over there! I can't wait to see their faces when we show up at the door :smiley:

First appointment next Thursday...can't come soon enough. Think it's just for blood work though since it will be early to hear a heartbeat (I assume).

Rants/raves? Still having some bad cramping, which I'm thinking is from constipation (lovely). It's been waking me up during the night and I just walk around our bedroom until it passes. Makes for a very long night! Anyone have similar issues?

None for the moment!

Before finding out I was pregnant, we were planning on visiting the Amalfi coast this fall. I guess we'll have to post-pone and make it a future family trip!

@TheMrs - DH and I went to Greece on our honeymoon..Athens and Santorini. It was amazing - you HAVE to go if you can!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    4 weeks 6 days

Just DH and both Moms

Thursday is our first sono at the RE office

Rants/raves? 
    EVERYTHING is making me cry... 

Sorrento Italy! 
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• How far along are you?  4 + 5 

Have you told anyone about the pregnancy yet?  Just DH.  My parents and sister will find out on the 19th, and his parents will find out a week later (just after christmas).  We havent decided if we are going to tell our aunts and uncles on christmas yet or not.  Just waiting for our first appointment on the 19th. 

Any appointments this week? How did it go?  Not yet, going in on the 19th for a dating scan, and then another appointment on the 29th.  I really pushed for an early appointment becuase of my MC in July. 

Rants/raves? I cant really believe that we are here! after my MC I felt like it might never happen, and so Im a bit in shock.  I also am super impressed with the Nurse that I spoke with yesterday about getting my appointments in.  She was super helpful and understanding about me wanting early appointments. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+?  I drink a lot of tea and I wondered if anyone has a list of the teas that are okay to drink.  Right now I have decaf peppermint green that I drink once a day, but everything I look at online is contradicting. 

I would go to all of the Disney parks.  I am a huge Disney person, I went to Disney world for my Honeymoon, and DH and I went there last year at christmas.  I want to see them all, and even better if I get to go at christmas, my favorite time of year! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • @littlebug2010 thats a great question about the tea.. I have a hard to drinking plain old water so i've been putting a tea bag in my water bottle and it's been the decaf peppermint green tea as well... Would love other suggestions! 
    Me: 40  
    TTC #1: 3 years
    Me: Type II Diabetic
    Started with RE 11/2014
    Going through IUI with Donor Sperm

• So new to the Bump world and definitely *just* realized I posted on STM without realizing. Whoops. but yay for this.

How far along are you? 
    4 weeks

Have you told anyone about the pregnancy yet? just my husband and a good friend who's a mom of 3, who can give me advice on appointments and stuff to get going. I'll pro tell fam at Christmas and maybe others at new year's? Still deciding. It all feels surreal still.

Any appointments this week? How did it go? none yet :(

Rants/raves? none

Questions for FTM, or STM+? If you felt cramping early on, what did it feel like? It's basically my only symptom right now and so annoying. And a bit concerning even though the internet says it's normal 

GTKY: If you could take a vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go? oh I love to travel. I haven't been to Australia yet! Or Greece. I studied Ancient Greek and would love to see ancient ruins!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @littlebug2010 I went to Euro Disney and Disney world as a child and it was amazing! Would love to go back there as an adult.
    @akwr I studied Ancient Greek history too and visiting Greece in person and getting to see the ruins was amazing. 
  • How far along are you? 
    6 weeks tomorrow! 

yes almost everyone we know
  • How far along are you? 4 +3

Have you told anyone about the pregnancy yet? My DH, best friend and sisters.

Any appointments this week? How did it go? Had my second beta test which went well as my HCG more than doubled!

Rants/raves? Just cramps!! I have Endometriosis and was told I may have a "fun" pregnancy. I can't stay seated (never mind my pants done up with the bloat @mokay19 - I feel ya, I'm on suppositories!) for more than 30 mins without pain! Doesnt work well for my hour commute!! 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? None right now...just waiting for my Ultrasound at the RE's office on the 20th before I get too in to everything. 

GTKY: If you could take a vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go? Costa Rica. My cousin was to get married there two years ago and I was so excited to go but then they cancelled due to not enough people able to go.
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• How far along are you? 
    6 weeks 4 days

Family and close friends
    Had my first appointment Friday. Had my dating ultrasound and am due August 2nd! Saw extra fluid on the ultrasound so going back for another one in 2 weeks 
    Rants/raves? 
    Nausea all day
    None yet
    Want to go back to Israel

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @JWatt5 I have an hour commute too. Praying I don't get morning sickness!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Anyone else randomly look at their BFP just to try and let it sink in that it is actually real? Haha

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @NYTino24 - same. It could be terrible because I'm in heavy city traffic the time. My mother suggested an empty ice cream tub to keep in the car lol. Shouldn't leak, has a lid and easy throw out. 

@akwr - all the time. I even took another test Saturday haha fun seeing the "pregnant line" be pink before the urine even made it to the control line ;)
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• How far along are you? 4 weeks + 3 days

Have you told anyone about the pregnancy yet? only DH. It's sooo hard to keep this a secret with my friends.  We had a party this past weekend and it was so obvious I wasn't drinking. Everyone started joking I was pregnant and I had to deny it !

Any appointments this week? How did it go?  I have one tomorrow.  I made the appointment 3 weeks ago and it was supposed to be to ask the Dr. why my cycles were so long (40+ days).  Turns out this month I ovulated super late (CD 43) and I got my BFP last week! Kept the appointment anyway so now it will turn into a prenatal appointment. :)  Hoping we can get an early US in because I still don't "feel" pregnant!

Rants/raves? It's a weird situation for my family right now as my sister just lost one of her twins at 20 weeks pregnancy. So my family's been in a somber mood and I'm not sure if I would be insensitive if I surprised/announced my pregnancy to my parents for Christmas.

Questions for FTM, or STM+? STM if you can give a FTM one advice what would it be?

GTKY: If you could take a vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go? Probably New Zealand. It was funny because we were about to book tickets during Cyber Monday but decided not to.  We were going to go in June so definitely glad we didn't book it since we're due in August!

Me:  32   DH:  34
    Married since 5/2014 <3
    BFP:  12/5/16
    EDD:  8/19/17
  • @YorkieLove8 I'm in a similar situation kwith a relative having recently miscarried and not sure how to go about announcing/being excited. My advice to a FTM would be to be confident being you. The moment people know you're a mom, they think they can tell you anything authoritatively. Unsolicited advice came to me from random strangers as soon as I started showing and didn't stop after birth. Just remember that every pregnancy is unique, every child is unique, and every momma is unique. You be you! And politely take everything with a grain of salt.  Congrats!
  • @gipfish aww, thanks for the advice! It is so true and will probably happen a lot. I will think of what you said everything I get unwanted "advice" during this journey 
    Me:  32   DH:  34
    Married since 5/2014 <3
    BFP:  12/5/16
    EDD:  8/19/17
  • How far along are you? 
    4 weeks, 5 days 

Both sets of parents and my brother. Planning on telling immediate family and close friends once I get my bloodwork results back, which should be tomorrow. The rest of the world will find out once we get to 12 weeks. 

No appointments this week, however I did go in for my initial bloodwork. 

Rants/raves? 
    I just can not believe I am finally pregnant! I've experienced a previous loss and ever since then we have been trying for 2 years. We were just going to start fertility drugs and BAM! We got a BFP!  It feels like a miracle and I am so glad to be here! 

No questions that I can think of at this time, most have already asked :)

If I could go anywhere I would go to Montana - I love it there! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Me: 24 DH: 25
    BFP: 5/31/14 EDD: 2/14/15 MC: 7/6/14
    BFP: 12/11/16 EDD: 8/20/17 

• blt12  Just so you know, this is a weekly thread, and you just posted your update in last weeks.  Totally fine, Just wanted to let you know.  I started the FTM thread for today and its just FTM check in 12/14, glad to have you! 
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
  • Oh geez! So sorry! I just realized that too! I'll post on the right thread next time! :) 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Me: 24 DH: 25
    BFP: 5/31/14 EDD: 2/14/15 MC: 7/6/14
    BFP: 12/11/16 EDD: 8/20/17 

• No worries!  Just wanted to make you aware!  It gets hard when so many things get buried on a fast moving board! 
    IVF started Feb 2020