July 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms 12/5

Re: Weekly Symptoms 12/5

• @kat0607 I can still wear my pants and button them but it is waay to uncomfortable to do so for more than a few minutes. I got out some of my old maternity pants and have been depending on the belly band that lets you unbutton and unzip.
  • edited December 2016
    I am with @runrestrepeatand @kat0607 with the lack of symptoms causing worry. Like you guys said though, I have no symptoms to create cause for worry (spotting, cramping) so I am just trying to stay positive. 

@kat0607 also with you on my clothes not fitting (also, we are due date twins lol). I am tall and thin and feel like I am showing already. Weeks 6-9 I was sure it was just bloating, but at this point, I feel like it's more than that. Some of my jeans are OK (but not necessarily comfy) because they are stretchy, but I haven't been able to button my work pants for weeks. I had leggings and a tight shirt on last night and had multiple people stop to congratulate me at my dad's nursing home lol
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • @kat0607 I haven't fit into my jeans since about halfway through week 5. It was jsut super bloating, but now it's more that my pelvic region is just thicker. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • What are these things called buttons and zippers that you people speak of? 
  • Not sure where to put this because it isn't really pregnancy symptom related but I'm currently at the hospital with a severe GI bug. My husband got really sick early this week and we assumed it was food poisoning from oysters he ate this weekend. Last night I started to feel really awful and had such severe diarrhea that I slept in the bathroom. I woke up this morning with a fever and, in what can only be described as icing on the pregnancy cake, started to projectile vomit all over my hallway because I couldn't make it to the bathroom in time. I'm getting some IV fluids so hopefully I'll start to feel better soon. Like a few other people, I have been pretty much symptom free so it was easy for me to realize this was a bug and not m/s. I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy. Ughhhh. 

On on a positive note the hospital did an ultrasound and we have a healthy and wiggly LO in there. I am so grateful.

• Sorry @oheliza44 about the stomach thing but glad baby is a-ok!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 10 weeks this week
    Feeling generally pretty good, though I got quite an appetite today randomly... but also hoping I'm not trying to fight something off. Tis the season for disease and my office mates are bringing it off and on... also been feeling the pregnancy brain foggy feeling the past couple of days... so there's that. 

Feeling randomly out of breath the last couple of days, which I generally haven't had since like week 7... not sure if pregnancy issue or fighting off sinus/cold issue as above...

Had to buy a bigger bra this weekend, my old one was just getting to be constricting! This one is better, but I still love getting home to have the freedom to remove it.

Pants are still ok though, the bloating hasn't been quite as bad, but I can still tell they're getting a little more tight as time wears on. I've got a lot of tighter fitting shirts that I may have to sideline soon though since my midsection is more pudgy these days lol. 
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • Sorry @oheliza44 about the stomach thing but glad baby is a-ok!
    +1. Yikes! So sorry, lady. Hope you feel better soon and get some rest. So scary!!
  • Thanks so much for the kind words @OperaSingerMommy and @virginiaunicorn11! Feeling much better after IV fluids- hoping to get discharged tonight. 
  • Anyone else throwing up prenatals? Or just me?  I am with you being nautious in some weird places and badly this week.   And if you aren't throwing up prenatals (I'm 9 wks)---what kind are you taking ?  I'm smarty pants
  • Anybody else scared because of a lack of symptoms? I'm 8w1d and the biggest thing I've had is sore boobs which today I feel like is going away. I've had no nausea. I've had a headache here and there but not in awhile.... I worry because my ultrasound was at exactly 6 weeks and all u think about is what could go wrong until 12 weeks. Anybody else feeling the same? I want to feel pregnant so it feels like everything is okay!
  • @sdang1 I have had very mild symptoms from the beginning, and today I am just over 10 weeks and feel like they have mellowed out even more. I'm also really nervous, but I feel like I've googled everything and anything, and every woman's experience is different. I have my next appointment in 12 days and my OB may try to find the heartbeat with a Doppler. I haven't had any ultrasounds yet or anything. Hang in there!! You're not alone, and lack of symptoms does not always mean something bad. 
  • @sdang1 A few of us were just talking about this the other day (@kat0607 who already commented). I believe @rae. was also the same way.

I just hit 7 weeks today and have had very minimal symptoms. Maybe a bit more acne, but no ms, no bloating, aversions. Heck, even two of my office mates smelled something horrid in our office yesterday and I couldn't smell a thing. It's scary. My first appt isn't until Dec. 19th, and even then I won't get an us - my office doesn't do them until closer to 12 weeks. Hang in there. I know that's easier said than done, especially with threads filled with standard first tri symptoms. But there are quite a few of us in the same boat!
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• my biggest symptom was sore/heavy boobs at the beginning then 6-7 weeks i was having some intense nausea and food aversions. like i didn't want to eat anything...i was lucky if i got a couple of lays potato chips down. i was 8 weeks this past sunday and monday was my last real nauseous day. i actually dry heaved for a period of time and had a killer headache. now other than heavy/bigger/sometimes sore boobs, i don't have many other symptoms. I kind of am still avoiding some foods but it's getting easier. like some of you i've seen, i'm worried because i'm not still having obvious symptoms of pregnancy, but i'm not having any symptoms that would be concerning in the other direction..so i'll take it!

ultrasound on monday!!
  • my biggest symptom was sore/heavy boobs at the beginning then 6-7 weeks i was having some intense nausea and food aversions. like i didn't want to eat anything...i was lucky if i got a couple of lays potato chips down. i was 8 weeks this past sunday and monday was my last real nauseous day. i actually dry heaved for a period of time and had a killer headache. now other than heavy/bigger/sometimes sore boobs, i don't have many other symptoms. I kind of am still avoiding some foods but it's getting easier. like some of you i've seen, i'm worried because i'm not still having obvious symptoms of pregnancy, but i'm not having any symptoms that would be concerning in the other direction..so i'll take it!

ultrasound on monday!!

ultrasound on monday!!
  • Do anyone else's legs feel terrible? Mine woke me up this morning - they're not crampy, they just feel awful and tensed up.
    TTC #1: 4/16
    BFP #1: 5/16
    MMC at 8 weeks: 6/16
    BFP #2: 10/16 
    Sweet baby boy arrived 7/7/17!
  • I am basically an insomniac right now. I haven't slept a full night in two weeks. I get up to pee at around 3am and am ALWAYS up for at least an hour or two. It stinks!! It's really interrupting my functioning during the day. I also am having the craziest dreams every single night. 

Anyone have sleeping tips? I really don't know what to do and I seriously hope this does not last the whole pregnancy. I want to get as much sleep as I can now.

@leilac my legs also feel AWFUL. But mine are more like cramps that I would usually get after walking way too much in a day. Except that I didn't walk much. I had to sleep with my legs elevated all last night. It kind of worries me but I think it may be normal?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This week I'm feeling scared and anxious. I'm just so terrified that I'm going to go to my ultrasound appointment next Tuesday and won't see the baby or see a heartbeat like last time (which was at 6w, so this upcoming one I'll be 8w) I'm trying to stay calm. Trying very hard, but it's so hard to quiet down the bad thoughts. Also, I got slightly electrocuted the other day while changing a light bulb, it was very mild, but now my brain won't stop worrying about all the horrible things it could do to baby. I refuse to Google anything because it just make sure everything worse, so I've just been struggling on my own. It's been a tough week :( 
  • @irishrose54 YES - I am having the same sleep issues. Pre-pregnancy, I was a super heavy, super sound sleeper. Now, I am up at least once to pee. Then awake for 1-2 hours in the wee hours of the morning. I also have been having a really hard time getting comfortable enough to fall asleep. I am a stomach sleeper, and it's not comfortable now. I think I need to invest in a pregnancy pillow. 
  • Today was my first really hormonal day. I've been agitated for a while but not just on the verge of tears all day, like this. I banged my head and it was the final excuse I needed to sit on the floor and sob. My first ugly cry of this pregnancy. 10+4 day. Woof.
  • I can no longer sleep on my back/stomach as my belly hurts and feels quite heavy. the only way I can get any sleep is on my side with a pillow between my legs and tucked under my stomach. 10w5d 
  • Creepy internet hugs, ladies.  Hang in there!

To everyone not feeling symptoms- I didn't have many symptoms with DD and what I did have was mild.  It can be totally normal to skip out on the gross first tri symptoms.  Of course talk to your doc if you are ever worried but it can absolutely be that baby is just fine and your body just rocks at handling the hormones.

This time around I'm feeling way more pregnant than before- blech.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • irishrose54irishrose54 member
    edited December 2016
    @Rae. Why can't I ever tag you? I must not be spelling your username correctly, my eyesight is kind of crappy anyway. I need new glasses.
    I am glad to know I am not the only one struggling with this whole sleeping business. I hope we both get a good night's sleep soon!!! 

edit - it looks like the tag worked. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @irishrose54 I think it's the period in my user name. Just realized nobody's tags have ever worked for me haha. I changed my name to Rae1. Hopefully that wont' be confusing. 
  • Yay, @rae1, we can finally tag you!
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• @RunRestRepeat I feel so official. I didn't even realize I was missing out before! haha
  • @irishrose54 and @rae1   I had horrible insomnia for a couple weeks. One night I woke at 1 am, and was still awake when my work alarm went off at 6:30 am. That night I bought the Unisom sleep tabs everyone else uses for nausea, cut one in half and took it, and I've been sleeping so much better since. I still wake up a few times to pee, but I'm able to get back to sleep so that's a huge improvement
  • Exhausted, I have a UTI, and I'm having some pain around my cs scar.
  • @ashaw512 I've had pain around mine too! More annoying than anything. Sorry about the UTI hopefully it clears up quick 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• All of the above. Nauseous, head ache, exhaustion, insomnia, sore boobs, gas, very vivid dreams! It's like all the symptoms I didn't get w my son are catching up with this pregnancy! Also, this time around I have a hernia above my belly button that is giving me some pain. Anyone have experience with this??
  • I ate a normal dinner and now I feel like I might explode!
    Back to snack-meals, I guess!

Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @GlitterFish I totally know what you mean! Tonight was the first night in about a week that I was feeling ok enough to not only cook, but also eat a full dinner. Major mistake. 
    Me:25 DH:28
    Married: October 2014
    TTC#1:May 2016
    BFP: 11/16/16   EDD: 7/30/17
    4 fur babies

• Anyone else getting periodic pain when the incision of their last c section was? My son is 14 months old, and I am wondering if thats normal or if its because I didnt wait the recommended time between pregnancies. This was unplanned
  • This might sound strange but I'm not feeling nauseous but throwing up more than when I felt sick all day! I don't feel sick I just have to run to the bathroom and throw up.

Getting more energy, even managed a light gym workout yesterday.
    A bit concerned as I feel like at 10 weeks it's too early for symptoms to be lifting but trying to enjoy feeling better.

• @carrell1990 it's definitely normal. I got pregnant with DD when my son had just barely turned 1 and I had the same pain. It's actually how I knew I was pregnant with her, I had asked my aunt who had 3 previous c-sections and she said I should probably take a pregnancy test because hers only felt that that when she was pregnant. If it concerns you too much you could talk to your OB but it is definitely normal.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• @Nellin I don't know if that's better or worse? Not feeling sick all day but still getting sick. I'm at the 10 week point too and 10 weeks 1 day I felt the worst of all but then 10 weeks 4-5days I'm feeling slot better still some ms on and off but I'm able to accomplish more than daily tasks. 
  • @Nellin I'm also 10w2d and my symptoms have been mild the whole time, but they have mellowed out even more recently. Occasionally nauseous, tired and/or bloated, but my boobs are less sore - nothing major.
  • @sdang1 I haven't been having any bad symptoms either, it's really disconcerting.  Like, should I be thankful or worried?  I think once I have my first u/s I will feel a little bit better.
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    Married: 10-20-2013
    NTNP: Feb 2016
    TTGP: Aug 2016
    BFP: 11-20-2016
    EDD: 7-27-2016
    Pregnancy Ticker