December 2016 Moms

Health and Fitness Check-in ~ 12.5.16

1.  What is your health/nutrition goal this week?

2.  What is your fitness goal this week?

3.  Any challenges this week?

4.  How did you do with your goals last week?

5.  GTKY:  What's your favorite holiday tradition? 

Bonus Bumpie Challenge:  Concentrate on back exercises this week (I've had the worst back pain since delivery due to all the awkward positions I've "had" to get in to change diapers, breastfeed, etc. - I wish I had concentrated more on this and less on cardio).
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
Married: Aug. 2005
DS1: Born Oct. 2012
DS2: Born Jun. 2014

Re: Health and Fitness Check-in ~ 12.5.16

• 1.  What is your health/nutrition goal this week?
    Not eat myself silly now that I have more room for my stomach. And try to eat things that are easy on the digestive system. I am NOT trying to encourage labor with digestive distress... labor is enough on it's own. I don't need added discomfort... (this coming from someone that chugged her extremely spicey leftover Pho broth yesterday for lunch because it tasted so good)
    Swim Tues - Elliptical and stretch Wed - walk Thurs - maybe hike around Fri? I want to spend a lot of time outdoors though the weather may present a challenge...
    Not really
    Pretty good - had a good swim and a couple okay workouts. I've knocked everything down a major peg... about 2/3 to 1/2 what I was doing before. Food... okay. Eating more but I did get in some greens and protein.
    Right now it's walking around looking at the lights. DS is SO excited by them. "WOW! WOW!" I LOOOOVE IT!!!

Bonus Bumpie Challenge:  Concentrate on back exercises this week (I've had the worst back pain since delivery due to all the awkward positions I've "had" to get in to change diapers, breastfeed, etc. - I wish I had concentrated more on this and less on cardio).
    Not gonna lie... somehow my abs and back still feel pretty strong. I'm laying off exercises for now to not encourage additional split in my abs though.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
    Maybe to NOT make more peppermint meltaway cookies and cheese straws...my body is clearly butter deficient.
    Eh...to walk a few times at work. Last pregnancy I worked out like a madwoman the whole time, and this time I've been so sporadic. And you know what? I've gained less weight this time around. So, I've decided that life is futile and all I know is wrong. I just want to move around a little bit while I can. Baby goals.
    Motivation. I don't care anymore. I just want to have this baby.
    I didn't set any goals last week. But I opened the thread this week, so that's a positive.
    DH and I essentially skip Thanksgiving - we do an IHOP dinner (they always cheer when we come in because they barely get any tables...my family never cheers for me). And then we go pick out our Christmas tree and decorate it while watching Love Actually. It may be my favorite night of the year :)
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • ........must.......not.......eat all THE FOOOD@!!!!
    I want to so bad! Also I want spicy! I want as spicy as it comes!!!! AGH!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
    Like @slartybartfast I now want ALL THE FOOD! And I have room for it. Bad combo. When I give in, I claim it's my body fueling up for labor. 

Yoga. Walking. 

I'm a baby and it's cold. Need to suck it up and walk anyways. Dropped baby also make yoga harder, but still doable. 

Eh. Walked a few days. Only got in yoga once. Ate too much. 

Christmas morning at my moms in our pajamas. She makes a big huge breakfast. We open gifts while watching the stupid Yule log on tv we all make fun of. Dogs open their stockings and eat like like fatties. Something I look forward to staring in our own little family for Bubba. 
  • H4aPartyof5H4aPartyof5 member
    edited December 2016
    1.  What is your health/nutrition goal this week?
    Try to eat a more well rounded diet this week.  I've been a bit hungrier than usual and am pretty much eating whatever is at hand that I might want.  I need to curb that into more well rounded options.

Just rest and relax for another couple of weeks...next week I might incorporate some walking, but for now, I'm taking it easy.

Lack of motivation to eat healthy.

I haven't made any goals for weeks unfortunately.  I was keeping up with my typical exercise routines of using the elliptical 4 times per week, but all activity has stopped at the moment.  

We do Xmas breakfast as well @tinattt23 with all my mom's family and that was a lot of fun growing up.  Right now, I'd say that taking a walk through the local botanical gardens Christmas light display with the boys and my DH is becoming my favorite tradition.

ETA: wording  

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
    Not eat like crap, which is easy to do when I am barely eating. I get a good lunch and supper in, but don't have time to snack... which is probably good.

Take it easy. I haven't done much except walking around the house with DS to calm him down. I'd like to get out of the house with DS and go to the mall to walk, but may wait another week or so to do that.

A couple appointments, and just finding the time to do anything with DS. He rarely lets me get anything done during the day, so I sit around a lot. He also loves to fall asleep on me, so I usually do that to keep him close... and I love the snuggles.

Don't think I had any.

Growing up, we always went to my grandparents for Christmas Eve/Christmas Day with some other family (aunts, uncles, cousins). I sometimes do that more recently, but now with DS here... we'll probably start new traditions. Lately, we've done Christmas Eve at the in-laws and then Christmas Day with my family... which I am sure will stay to be with both.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**