August 2017 Moms

Team Green?

2»

Re: Team Green?

• I'm such a planner and a control freak, that I was surprised with myself that I was able to hold out and be team green with my first. My husband was also on board with being team green. This time around I told him I want to be team green again, and he agreed. I loved it when he told me it was boy, and I can't wait for that again! What also keeps me going to not find out is how it pisses people off, because they want to know. It's fuel for my fire! 
  • jsaffer01 said:
    I'm such a planner and a control freak, that I was surprised with myself that I was able to hold out and be team green with my first. My husband was also on board with being team green. This time around I told him I want to be team green again, and he agreed. I loved it when he told me it was boy, and I can't wait for that again! What also keeps me going to not find out is how it pisses people off, because they want to know. It's fuel for my fire! 
    Totally agree!  My ILs are especially nosey and want to know so badly. Nope, not gonna happen!  I love when I can make them squirm. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • My husband and I are team green! 
  • @jsaffer01 YES I secretly loved driving everyone crazy too!! I already told DH that if we do find out this time we're keeping it a secret between us. 
  • FTM here and we are team green! It took some convincing for DH. We haven't announced to our families yet, and I'm sure it'll drive them CRAZY, but we're sticking to it. I'm very Type A, so this goes against my personality, but I love the idea of a surprise, gender neutral stuff, not doing a gender reveal... and either way, we have to prepare for a baby, no matter if it's a boy or girl. 

Glad to see so many other greenies here! 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • My DH wouldn't let me on first baby bc he "needed to plan" but we are currently separated soooo I'm going team greeeeen!!!!!!! Very excited for the surprise!!
  • For our first, my husband and I both agreed early on to be team green! It killed everyone around us not to know, but it was a great decision! 
    This time around, we will probably find out!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are team green this time around. This peanut will probably be our last so the idea of being surprised is exciting. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • FTM here! Team green!
  • We found out with our first- but this time around I'm seriously wanting to go team green! I'm such a control freak though I don't know if I will be able to do it. Kudos to those that can!!

• We found out with our son and daughter but are going team green this time. I wanted something special for baby #3 since we already have one of each. So many of our friends don't think we will make it and find out, especially since I'm a l/d nurse and have acesss to an ultrasound all the time haha. But I honestly don't have even a small desire to find out, I really want DH to be the one to tell us at the delivery 
    this is my second, already have a girl and I told DH that if we have a boy next then the plan is to be on team Green for our third :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • destdave2013destdave2013 member
    edited February 2017
    We've just decided to be team green for #2 and I'm really excited about it! We already have DS and I couldn't find out soon enough with him. I'm usually a planner but This time around I feel like I have plenty of neutral onsies (it'll be summer anyway) and neutral baby gear, and if it IS a girl I know we will have plenty of pink coming our way from family! :smiley:
  • We were Team Green with #1, because we were doing everything neutral anyway.  We found out with #2, primarily to prepare DD, who was 4 at the time.  It made it easier for her to bond with Baby Brother and pick out little gifts for him when she knew it was a boy.  This time, we're going to find out so I can start giving away all the sex-specific baby crap I don't need anymore .... my house is so freaking cluttered!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14
  • We'll be Team Green for the third time.  I love the delivery room surprise.  I ended up with c-sections both times and DH was the one to announce the sex to me.  Those moments were so special.  For me, while it would be thrilling to find out at any point, I don't think the moment would be as exciting before the birth.   We're one of the only ones among our families and friends who stay Team Green.

This will be our last baby.  I have 2 boys.  I love being a boy mom and would be happy to have another little guy.  However, I've always imagined having a girl.  For me, finding out in the delivery room leaves no time to think about the what ifs because the baby is right there in your arms.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I want to be team green, this is my first baby and I want to receive gender neutral gear that I can reuse. Plus, the surprise will be so much fun! I'm slightly worried about DH not bonding as well before birth if he doesn't know (he wants to), but he'll survive. I may ask for a sealed envelope at my a/s just in case I can't wait, though. 
  • This is my fourth and we were team green for all of them and will be this time too. I really loved finding out at birth and letting my two older ones come and discover for themselves if they had a baby brother or sister. It helped with the slight disappointment for my oldest to, she really wanted a baby sister. But once she had held him she was already in love with him so there was only the slightest look for a second of disappointment when she found out he was a boy. As previous posters mentioned it has been easy to reuse all of my baby stuff for each of my LO's and that saved money. Plus I recently had both a neighbor and a sister who were told they were having one sex only to deliver the opposite. A bit of a shock for them and for my sister is was actually really upsetting, she had planned on a little boy and although she was totally in love with her beautiful little girl and wouldn't have wanted any other baby, there was a part of her that needed to mourn the idea of the little boy she had in her mind. 
    Tristan Phillip - 2 wks
  • @dinofreak I agree - FTM and want gender neutral clothes/equipment so we don't need to rebuy for baby #2, 3, etc.

I didn't even think of people getting annoyed to not know. Now I'm trying to remember if we told my MIL and FIL we weren't going to find out.

The only issue I had is that DH and I have been together forever and he's known for over a decade that I didn't want to know before the birth...but he was still a bit annoyed that it wasn't a conversation. He said he's not sure if he would have wanted to know but since it's off the table, he feels a bit cheated.

We chatted about it a little bit and I also explained that part of why I don't want to know (in addition to the gender neutral things) is that I cannot stand big bows, excessive pink, and glittery stuff for girls and I don't want to get that at a shower or as other gifts. Obviously we don't have a ton of control if it is a girl after-the-fact, but we'll have gotten enough cute, neutral things to work in with the pink so that it's not too over the top.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• This will be #3 for us and we are team green! We have two boys and found out at the A/S with both. If it is a boy again we will already have everything we need. If it turns out being a girl, there is a secondhand store close by that has A TON of girl stuff so we will have that and whatever neutral stuff people decide to get as gifts, but I'm not opposed to her wearing their stuff, too. Not like she will care :)
  • Husband and I are hoping to stay team green until the end, but I have low hopes, haha. DH wants to find out solely because he is excited but I'd rather wait. I also know that if we would find out, we'd receive way too much pink/blue items since it's our first baby. It is funny though how frustrated people get when they find out that we may not know; it's like we're robbing them of the experience!
  • @megaroo42, my brother is totally pissed off that I'm not finding out. I just took the genetic test and checked the box to keep the sex a secret so he's even angrier that I could know this early and chose not to. :smile:
  • megaroo42megaroo42 member
    edited February 2017
    Isn't it insane?! I love our families and friends but I wish they'd calm it a bit. At this point, I'd rather really want to know when I'll be able to eat cheese again, haha! Cheese and this baby are NOT friends. 

Edit: @LivLew
  • @LivLew and @megaroo42 (your SN's rhyme ha)

we were team green last time and it drove our family and friends crazy!! Am I a horrible person to admit I kind of enjoyed that part of it? Haha. We haven't decided this time around but I'm leaning towards being team green again. I think DH is leaning towards finding out. We may be real mean and find out but keep it a secret!
  • I'm definitely motivated by annoying other people who want to know the sex. Muhahaha. 

We are about to do the Counsyl Informed Pregnancy Screening, and I have to make sure they know we don't want to know the sex. 

In the meantime, I'm enjoying looking up neutral nurseries. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Team green here, too! We didn't find out for #1, and it was awesome. This time around, I've been a little more tempted to find out, but I think we'll hold strong. My biggest motivator is my MIL wanting so badly to know; literally no one else cares .. they all love the anticipation and my mom is a master at finding adorable gender-neutral things. 

When I was pregnant with DD, I ran into one of my MIL's coworkers, and she asked when my a/s was. I mentioned it was the following week, and she said "I know you're not finding out, but you should bring [MIL] and just let her see, she's dying to know what you're having!"

Seriously.
  • Team green STMs - how are you preparing the big brothers/sisters for new baby?  I posted in another thread too, but curious about what you ladies think, too.  DS will be 2.5 on our due date, and I wonder if there's any way you plan to help big bro/sis bond with baby without name/sex type info.  
    Anniversary

• MrsD4911 said:
    Team green STMs - how are you preparing the big brothers/sisters for new baby?  I posted in another thread too, but curious about what you ladies think, too.  DS will be 2.5 on our due date, and I wonder if there's any way you plan to help big bro/sis bond with baby without name/sex type info.  
    We talk about there being a baby, but I really don't think DD (who is almost 2.5 now) truly understands what that means. It will definitely be an adjustment when #2 comes home with us, but I'm not doing anything too crazy to prepare her for it. I'm barely prepared myself, lol!

As for not knowing name/sex, again....we talk about a little brother or little sister, but she won't understand it until it happens. Her "babies" right now are all named Baby (she has 5...one is Orange Baby, one is Purple Baby, etc. depending on their outfit). 
  • @MrsD4911 DS1 was 3.5 when DS2 was born.  We just talked about the baby, the fun and helpful things he could do as a big brother and whether he wanted/thought the baby was a boy or girl.  For the most part he said he wanted a sister, but once he found out he had a brother, he was thrilled.  

This time, my boys will be 5 and almost 9 when the baby is born.  The first thing DS1 asked when he found out was whether we were having a boy or girl.  They have only known about the baby for less than a week.  Again, we talk about what it will be like to have a new baby and whether they think I'm having a boy or a girl.  They're both so thrilled about a new sibling that it doesn't matter that we don't know the sex.  DS1 asks a lot of questions in general about my pregnancy and the baby while DS2 will kiss or hug my stomach and try to talk to the baby.  Both of my kids have always loved babies so I don't think being Team Green will make bonding with the baby any different than if we knew the sex.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers