Me: 36  Him: 39
    Dating: 2001 Married: 2007

BFP #1: 01/01/11 DD: 5 yo 
    BFP #2: 11/08/17  EDD: 7/25/17

Creedon778GeorgiaWife6912
  • Rae1Rae1 member
    500 Love Its 500 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited January 19
    So, I can see my results online now, but I am not really sure what I am looking at. lol. We just did 'sequential testing'. The online portal gives a bunch of tests (PAPP-A, AFP, HCG, etc.) with values but it doesn't really tell me what the standards are. It does say "Interpretation: Screen Negative" under all that, so I guess that means low risk? Then it gives risk probabilities for downs, Trisomy 13/18 which are all <1:20,000, so again, I am assuming that means low risk. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    supermom83manillabar
  • zara4kzara4k member
    100 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited January 20
    Rae1 said:
    So, I can see my results online now, but I am not really sure what I am looking at. lol. We just did 'sequential testing'. The online portal gives a bunch of tests (PAPP-A, AFP, HCG, etc.) with values but it doesn't really tell me what the standards are. It does say "Interpretation: Screen Negative" under all that, so I guess that means low risk? Then it gives risk probabilities for downs, Trisomy 13/18 which are all <1:20,000, so again, I am assuming that means low risk. 
    Yeap if it says in your result part ur low risk ur low Risk, and those numbers most certainly look low risk!! What are you having are you finding out? Congrats !!
  • Got my results today, after NT came back high risk, the NIPT results told us we are having a healthy baby girl! 
    What wonderful news! Congrats!!!

Me: 32 DH: 33

Married: 6.9.12
    DS born: 4.9.14
    BFP 11.16, EDD 7.26.17- It's a girl!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • manillabarmanillabar member
    500 Love Its 100 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited January 20
    Rae1 said:
    I had the same testing done. They gave me a copy and mine said pretty much the same stuff and I was told that meant low risk, so I assume the same for you! Congrats!

Me: 28 Him: 33
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: July 2016
    BFP 10/22/16

• Rae1Rae1 member
    Rae1 said:
    I had the same testing done. They gave me a copy and mine said pretty much the same stuff and I was told that meant low risk, so I assume the same for you! Congrats!
    Did yours have an HCG test on it? This is my only concern right now. For the first draw (@12w) my value shows as 0.93 MoM (multiples of median) so I am just barely below average there, which seems fine. But then for the second draw (@15w5d) my value shows as 0.54 MoM, so my value is half of the average person's?? I mean, I am sure if it were a concern my doctor would have called me, but it just doesn't sound right to me??
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Rae1 my understanding is that there is risk in a HIGH hcg at this point not low
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
    Cait32
  • manillabarmanillabar member
    500 Love Its 100 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited January 20
    @Rae1 hmm I don't remember what mine was but I'll check when I get home.

ETA: But I believe @dancegurl1118 is correct, hcg actually drops around this time and an elevated level can indicate fetal Down's syndrome. 

Me: 28 Him: 33
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: July 2016
    BFP 10/22/16

Cait32
  • If the doctor hasn't said anything you shouldn't worry about your hcg levels, everyone's levels are different. Searching online would just worry you. I had the same thing happen to me! 

http://americanpregnancy.org/while-pregnant/hcg-levels/
    I don't know if this helps @Rae1
  • Ok. So I just got a call from my doctor with my blood work results. Screens for downs and those genetic diseases came back negative (good news). It did come back showing that I was a carrier for Spina Muscular Atrophy. My husband now has to go get blood work at my next appointment (which is on Wednesday). If he comes back as a carrier (1 in 50 chance), the chances of the baby having it is 1 in 4. From my research, it looks like the most severe case of it means the child has a lifespan of 2 years...and the most severe form is the most common.

So for now..a waiting game. Not sure how long it will take for us to get results once he gets his blood work done. Mine took just over 3 weeks to get back. 
  • @Cynth0104 the wait will definitely be stressful but try to take your mind off of it as much as you can. The odds are in your favor by a long shot! Thinking of you. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
    maybeitsmadelinecaribbeanmamaThePecks
  • @Cynth0104 I'm sorry the results came back with some room for worry. Hopefully your husband is not a carrier. These kinds of tests are so stressful sometimes because of all the unknown and all the stressful "what ifs" and percentages and statistics one can read about. It's so overwhelming and very stressful. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and hopefully you hear good news sooner than later. 

• @Cynth0104 I was right where you are at a few years ago when I found I was a carrier of SMA as well. It was stressful for for a while but thankfully my husband turned out not to be a carrier. I hope you get the same result! Big creepy squeezy internet hugs. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• @yellow1daisy , I know it was a few years ago, but did it take a long time to get his results back? That is my concern is that I have to wait 5 days to get his blood drawn and then another 3 weeks for results! 
  • Rae1Rae1 member
    @cynth0104 I am so sorry your results are creating worry for you! Fingers crossed your husbands results come back quickly and say that he's not a carrier. I will be thinking of you. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Cynth0104 FX for good news!  Stay positive and we're here for you!

Me: 26  Him: 26
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Cynth0104 waiting in the worse, hopefully your doctor can rush the results for you. 
  • Cynth0104 said:
    @yellow1daisy , I know it was a few years ago, but did it take a long time to get his results back? That is my concern is that I have to wait 5 days to get his blood drawn and then another 3 weeks for results! 
    @Cynth0104 it took about 3 weeks to get results back but the office we went to at the time was typically slow getting back to us with anything. Being that you're pregnant now they may rush it more (I was miscarrying at the time). I really hope it's not quite so long for you. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

1234568»