July 2017 Moms

NIPT - questions, discussion, results

Re: NIPT - questions, discussion, results

• zara4k said:
    Did you ladies have your kit info? I didn't have my kit info and immediately contacted natera and Molly was able to provide me with my tracking details. Have you tried doing that?
    I don't think Maternit21 had a kit.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @zara4k I don't have any information on my test. My dr just said on the day they drew the blood that they'd call me in "2-3 weeks" Ughhh. SUCH A LONG WAIT. I am also nervous to call bc I fear someone will say "yes we have it but I can't talk to you, you have to wait for the dr to call" and my mind will go to a million places. Trying not to stress too much but I definitely feel my nerves creep up on me during the day. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @irishrose54 I'm so sorry your results are taking so long. I completely understand the agony. But CALL call call your doctor. I started shamelessly harassing my doctor at the two week point after a girlfriend told me that she had to do the same. Results sometimes just lay around the office and nurses or doctors have a ton of things to do, and just set it in a pile of things to do, so it can get pushed back. It's low on their priority, and especially if it's good/normal results. Which is good news for you! So CALL! Don't be scared. Push for the info. I had to call three times. It's okay, they're used to crazy pregnant ladies :)
    irishrose54
  • Don't be afraid to call or feel like you are bugging anyone! I called after exactly 7 days (because they told me 7-10 days). There was even a holiday in there, so my results should have taken longer. At that moment, she said they didn't have them, but then she called me back in an hour and said she just got them and wanted to make sure she called me ASAP. Sometimes results get put aside and forgotten about, even for a couple days. 
    supermom83
  • I do not have any of the info. I am going to try to call the company tomorrow and see what they say
  • Nuchal testing went well.  (yay!). Had my blood draw for the sequential testing today.  Now we wait.

We are not telling any additional friends or family until the first set of blood test results come back.  The doctor said that if it comes back positive, they will definitely call me in a week.  But if I don't hear in a week, that means it is probably negative, and I just am lower in the priority for callbacks as a result.  It will take a lot of self-restraint to not call them every hour after the one week mark.
    manillabarcaribbeanmama-2tripledaggerWed95976
  • @zara4k MaterniT21 through Sequenom does not have a kit or a patient portal. You get a blood draw at the office and then have to wait until the results are sent to your doctor. I'm able to see my electronic medical record or EMR (same place my OB sees results) because I work at the hospital where I get seen. My final results had been in my EMR for days before the office called me! So the delay was on the OB office side, not the company's side which turned things around in 6 business days.

• Drew mine on 1/10 and I'm DYING. NT scan went great! Now we wait...and my OB uses counsyl and said they take a week. Eeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
  • akbride09akbride09 member
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Love Its 10 Comments Name Dropper
    edited January 13
    My Dr's office uses Sequenom, and I was able to view my results by logging on to my LabCorp acct. Just fyi for anyone else going thru Sequenom.
    ETA: results were there just one week later
  • I had my blood draw today for MaterniT21. Expecting results next Friday.  Has anyone had a good NT scan but poor NIPT results?
  • I'm glad! You guys should contact ur test providers and stay in touch with them as well as your doctors to stop yourself from getting so nervous!  At least that way you can track your sample and have some realistic approach
    irishrose54
  • Just read this whole post after a crazy dream last night, happy to see so many positive results. Had my blood draw last Wednesday for the panorama, it's my first time doing this test. My NT results were low risk but we have had so many friends who have had issues with their pregnancies I'm starting to get really anxious. Hopefully I'll get our results by the end of the week. Congrats to all the mama's of healthy low risk babies!
    greenbean-2supermom83
  • Just read this whole post after a crazy dream last night, happy to see so many positive results. Had my blood draw last Wednesday for the panorama, it's my first time doing this test. My NT results were low risk but we have had so many friends who have had issues with their pregnancies I'm starting to get really anxious. Hopefully I'll get our results by the end of the week. Congrats to all the mama's of healthy low risk babies!
    What date does ur panorama online portal say you'll get your results? 
  • @chudson5 Not to sound like a stalker but I've been watching for your post! I'm getting the counsyl test tomorrow and was waiting to see how long it took you to get your results back! So happy to see it was pretty fast!

Congratulations on your baby boy!
  • @LuLiLaEv I had blood drawn on the 10th but counsyl didn't get it until the 11th. And we got the email this afternoon! So it was really only 5 days since they received my blood. I wasn't expecting to see that email so soon but I was so excited! And thank you!! Good luck and keep us posted!
    LuLiLaEv
  • @zara4k I tried to set it up but it's still not registering, I'm going to try calling today during nap/quiet time for my kids. It's been 6 days since my draw so well over the 48hours. My doctor's office has a specific nurse who gives all test results and she is really good about calling as soon as results come in. So I know they won't be laying around.
  • @RubyRedPirate Congrats!! When did you have your blood drawn?

Me: 32 DH: 33

Married: 6.9.12
    DS born: 4.9.14
    BFP 11.16, EDD 7.26.17- It's a girl!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Yayyyyy!!! Congrats @tripledaggerWed95976 !!!! 

Me: 32 DH: 33

Married: 6.9.12
    DS born: 4.9.14
    BFP 11.16, EDD 7.26.17- It's a girl!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    maybeitsmadelinetripledaggerWed95976
  • So happy to see that everyone has gotten good news on our board!!
    Couldn't agree more! So happy to see such positive results!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
    supermom83tripledaggerWed95976irishrose54
  • @GeorgiaWife6912 I had my blood drawn 2 Friday's ago (The 6th I think). Including the day of the blood draw it took 7 business days. 
    ME: 28 DH: 26
    Started Dating: 10/20/2006
     Married: 10/20/2013
    MMC @ 8w 12/15
    MC @ 5w 03/16
    ALEXANDER JAMES DUE JULY 15th!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    GeorgiaWife6912
  • @ams512 was it AFP? That's usually around 16 weeks. It's an indicator for open neural tube defects such as Spina bifida. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Called and got into my patient portal, hopefully I will have results by Friday!  It helps to see so many positive post!
    zara4kdancegurl1118maybeitsmadeline
  • My doctor is at a hospital so I get test results via app. I got them today but have no idea how to read them. I guess I will wait for them to call me in the next day or so. 
  • My doctor is at a hospital so I get test results via app. I got them today but have no idea how to read them. I guess I will wait for them to call me in the next day or so. 
    That sucks!  Can you call them?  Hope they call soon!
  • @caribbeanmama I'm trying to be patient since it's actually been less than a week since the blood draw.  When I was there, they told me that if the screen was positive, they would call right away.  But if it was negative, I may have to wait a little longer because I'd obviously be lower priority than the positive screens.  I am trying to be considerate of their system.  I will call on Friday if I haven't heard by then. 
    GeorgiaWife6912
  • My doctor called with my results! A low risk baby GIRL!! 
    Yay low risk!  Welcome to team pink!
    GeorgiaWife6912