NIPT - questions, discussion, results - Page 6 — The Bump
July 2017 Moms

NIPT - questions, discussion, results

Re: NIPT - questions, discussion, results

• @yellow1daisy congratulations!!!!! What great news! 
    yellow1daisy
  • YAAAAAASSSS!!!!!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
    yellow1daisy
  • Loading the player...
  • I go to my blood drawn last Wednesday (12/28) and I still haven't gotten a call with any results *pout*. 
  • Finally!!! So happy for you!!!
    yellow1daisy
  • @ericandmaria  I've been waiting for you to get your results!! congrats on good results!!
  • Thank you @satsumasandlemons !! So happy for us! 
  • Man, Panorama was busy with us today. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • I had NIPT done with my first pregnancy and got really bad news. Confirmed with ultrasound and CVS and ended up terminating the pregnancy for medical reasons. I am scheduled for NIPT with this pregnancy on 1/10. I'm looking for some advice: given my past history, do you think I should just go straight for CVS testing on the 10th? Or should I wait until I get NIPT results? I know CVS carries a slight risk of miscarriage, but the results take 24 hours instead of a week and it is a diagnostic test.  Any thoughts? Congratulations to all of you who have gotten good news so far!
  • @aarabowl my panorama results came back in about a week and a half, so it wasn't a terribly long wait, but I understand with your past history, you'l be anxious. If you can bear it, I think I'd wait until you get NIPT to move forward with a CVS. The likelihood that anything happens with the CVS is so low, but why take any risk at all if you can avoid it? Your provider may have better advice based on your history, but I *think* that's what I'd do if I were in your shoes.
    [spoiler]
    DSS 03/2006
    DD 07/2017
    DS EDD: 1/30/19
    [/spoiler]
    caribbeanmama-2
  • Thanks @Cait32 for your thoughts. I think I am inclined to agree, but I am not sure NIPT results will be sufficient reassurance for me this time around :/. . .
  • I'm so jealous of everyone who has gotten their results already. I only just had my blood drawn today and they said 10 business days. We wanted to wait for the results to share the news with everyone, but I'm not sure how much longer my belly can keep a secret!
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    zara4kgreenbean-2
  • @aarabowl I don't blame you. I would absolutely go straight to the CVS if that was my history. No other test is diagnostic. Good luck lady. 
  • Waiting for resultsssss, did anyone else get their blood drawn last Thursday ? (6th Jan) I want to get on with my lifeeee
    greenbean-2
  • @Creedon778 was it panorama? Contact them and tell them to prioritiZe your sample to speed things up. We might find out together eeeeek good luck!! 
  • @zara4k @Creedon778 I got my blood drawn last Thursday too, for the progenity test.  They said 7-10 business days, so I'm trying not to think about it too much yet.  I'm waiting to get the results before I tell work colleagues and extended family and it's been so hard not to just tell everyone.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    zara4k
  • Same here! I haven't even told my mum. She's been asking and iv been avoiding her questions lolll (Facetime, my parents live far away) 
    will you be team green or finding out ? @GreenBean
  • How long has everyone's panorama results been taking to get back lately?  I had my blood drawn today (surprise! I didn't think I was doing it haha) and was just curious if it was taking the full 10 days?

Me: 33 DH: 33

Married: 6.9.12
    DS born: 4.9.14
    DD born 7.27.17

cait32
  • How long has everyone's panorama results been taking to get back lately?  I had my blood drawn today (surprise! I didn't think I was doing it haha) and was just curious if it was taking the full 10 days?
    Mine took 8 days
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

GeorgiaWife6912
  • Mind took 9 days counting the day it was drawn. 13 days to show up on the portal. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

GeorgiaWife6912
  • @GeorgiaWife6912 You did it! Lol, I'm so glad!
    [spoiler]
    DSS 03/2006
    DD 07/2017
    DS EDD: 1/30/19
    [/spoiler]
    GeorgiaWife6912
  • @supermom83 that sounds so stressful, FX that you get your results soon and they are all clear! Also congrats on your baby boy!!!

GeorgiaWife6912supermom83
  • I had my progenity blood draw on Jan 6th. So hoping for results early next week. I thought I was getting maternit21 so hoping the results are just as accurate with this one. 
  • @zara4k I'm not sure. They just called it NIPT. She said I'm told I'm either positive or negative for things like trisomy21 and 18 and then it provides a percentage of how sure they are. I can find out the sex but we are team green. She said she'd call me when the results comes in and said they tell people 10 days but she's seen them come in sooner.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @supermom83 I hope they give you more answers soon! Weird they had the sex but nothing else. Probably just some weird lab error. They gotta happen to some of us. 

Also, I hope now that it's confirmed boy #3 you don't get any insensitive comments like you're anticipating  :|

• @oheliza44 and @yellow1daisy thanks for your sweet words. I am very anxious tbh and really want to stop my brain from spiraling into a bad place. I really wish they wouldn't have reversed the results and given me the genetic stuff first! But I think I'll keep calling them every day and bother them until I get my *hopefully good!!!* results. 

And as for the 3rd boy comments, I am positive they will come. I sort of want to not tell anybody we're having a boy till he's born just to avoid the stupid comments for as long as possible, though I am sure there will be plenty even after he's born. It's something I am seriously considering doing. I am thrilled it's a boy and I just want him to be healthy. I really only care about that. After having a loss, and dealing with the horrors of not having a healthy baby, it's just so aggravating to think anybody would say stupid "you couldn't get that girl" kind of comments, which I already received when pregnant with DS2. 
  • Do some docs do quad screening and others do nipt? I called doctors office today, and spoke to her "team" they had no clue what I was talking about.
  • Do some docs do quad screening and others do nipt? I called doctors office today, and spoke to her "team" they had no clue what I was talking about.
    My office calls it cell-free DNA not NIPT.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • I really hope everything goes well for all of you! Wishing for quick happy results 
    mj8215Creedon778
  • @GlitterFish thank you for clarifying that for me.
  • @supermom83, I had my blood drawn on the 28th as well. I called the office today and they don't have results yet. I'm thinking maybe because of the holiday?? Just wanted to let you know it's not just you! And congrats on your boy!! I would love another boy! (I have 1 currently.)
    supermom83
  • Yay awesome news @supermom83!!

supermom83
  • @Cynth0104 & @supermom83 I had my blood drawn on the 28th as well and I am still waiting. I am seriously kicking myself for not calling today to ask. I am SERIOUSLY anxious tonight bc i keep thinking it is taking so long bc something is wrong. It's basically not a good night right now. It's also my wedding anniversary tonight so DH& I have a dinner planned and I am so upset thinking I am going to ruin it with my worrying. I am going to try to not mention it at all over dinner but it's really upsetting me. Hopefully I will be sharing good news this week though. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @irishrose54  I called yesterday and they didn't have anything yet. I will continue thinking positive thoughts with you! Happy Anniversary!
    irishrose54
  • @irishrose54 @Cynth0104 my blood draw for MaterniT21 was also on the 28th. The test results actually appeared in my chart on Friday 1/4, but nobody told me about them until today which is a full 2 weeks later, even though everything was good news! I know that may not mean much right now because it's so hard to wait but I hope it's reassuring that a longer wait doesn't have to mean bad news! And happy anniversary :smile:

irishrose54Xathzara4k
  • Chamomile said:
    @irishrose54 @Cynth0104 my blood draw for MaterniT21 was also on the 28th. The test results actually appeared in my chart on Friday 1/4, but nobody told me about them until today which is a full 2 weeks later, even though everything was good news! I know that may not mean much right now because it's so hard to wait but I hope it's reassuring that a longer wait doesn't have to mean bad news! And happy anniversary :smile:
    So you didn't check the portal is that what your calling the chart? Or did your doctor have it and they didn't call you? 
  • Did you ladies have your kit info? I didn't have my kit info and immediately contacted natera and Molly was able to provide me with my tracking details. Have you tried doing that?