NIPT - questions, discussion, results - Page 4 — The Bump
July 2017 Moms

NIPT - questions, discussion, results

Re: NIPT - questions, discussion, results

• babydance-2babydance-2
    10 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited December 2016
    For those that did the panorama through Natera, when did you get your results compared to the expected date that was listed on your natera patient portal? Just curious if I can have hope for the results coming in sooner or if the expected date was pretty accurate.  

Edited - damn auto correct 
  • Loading the player...
  • I asked this in our ticker change post but should probably ask here instead: anyone know if 10w is TOO early, or is this a "every body is different"type sitch? I go in for my blood draw tomorrow but could potentially wait one more week.... I'd rather go in tomorrow though! 
    virginiaunicorn11
  • @satsumasandlemons all my practice told me was 5 business days before the scan. That's probably more for assuring the results are there to calculate the risk on the day of the scan but it just gave me a good idea of time window. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • @satsumasandlemons I think they can start doing these tests at 9 weeks so I wouldn't think 10 was too early. 

I know panorama will also take a cheek swab from the dad and that increases the likelihood of getting results. 
    BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
    BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
    BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
    BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
    BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
    BFP November 2016 - pending...

• I had mine done at 10 weeks exactly with no problem!
    satsumasandlemons
  • @mslynn2012, this is my dilemma! I want to do the test but want to stay team green. I'm glad it worked out for you! Gives me hope that they won't slip up and tell me! I have my test on Wednesday 
    mslynn2012
  • @Cynth0104 - we have our NT scan tomorrow and I have to make sure to tell them that we aren't finding out! At my sons NT scan we got a clear picture of his goods, and with my daughter we had a pretty good guesstimate of hers (she was being a lady and keeping her legs crossed!). But a small part of me hopes we find out.

Being team green is harder than I thought! (Especially with all these opportunities to find out!)
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• theweeveetheweevee
    500 Love Its 100 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2016
    @BabyDancer. My natera  patient portal says 12/27...and I'm still waiting.  Test received by natera on 12/16.  :/

edit it to add: and Natera just bumped by estimated completion date by 3 days.  New estimate 12/30.

• @theweevee oh how disappointing - you must be so annoyed!! I should just prepare my self for results next week then. Oh well, in just days we will know that we've got healthy babies! And for us we're finding out the gender too
  • zara4kzara4k
    100 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited December 2016
    I am really interested in this test, I think everyone is inclined towards panorama more because they are more accurate and cheaper (I guess?) if there are any other reasons I'd like to know 
    has anyone done this test just to be safe without being high risk? The added bonus of gender is why my husband is also more interested (I know it's not a gender test) 
    would love to know what sex ur baby is and what ur symptoms predicted 
    GeorgiaWife6912
  • @zara4k I did it (Materni21) and I'm not high risk. I wasn't comfortable with the 87-90% accuracy and 5% false positive rate of the blood test they usually do. I have a friend who did the same. Gender is an awesome bonus!

PS I'm all about replying to you today!
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
    zara4k
  • I decided today to do Panorama. It's not covered at all by insurance for me so hopefully will just have to pay the $200. They're coming to draw my blood tonight so I should have the results in two weeks (minus the sex) and my NT scan is next Friday. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Is it bad that I have no idea which/what test I had done?? I had the nt scan last Wednesday and had the blood drawn at the hospital the same day. I think he said I have to have blood work done again in 2-3 weeks and the combination of both blood tests and the scan will give the final results. He called it "sequential" testing but didn't say any of the names you guys are referencing above. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Rae1 said:
    Is it bad that I have no idea which/what test I had done?? I had the nt scan last Wednesday and had the blood drawn at the hospital the same day. I think he said I have to have blood work done again in 2-3 weeks and the combination of both blood tests and the scan will give the final results. He called it "sequential" testing but didn't say any of the names you guys are referencing above. 
    The NT scan is typically coupled to the normal first trimester screen test  which is offered to everyone (i.e. Not the genetic test of cell free fetal DNA).  If you had the genetic test done, they (genetic counselor) would have (should have) had a meeting with you to go over your family history of genetic abnormalities on both sides and then shown you the abnormalities they do screen for in detail.  Did you meet with a genetic counselor?  Did you ask for the NT scan as an optional test?  They normally cancel the NT scan if you get the genetic test done instead.
  • Krys said:
    My OB uses progenity for NIPT. They have verifi which screens for Trisomy 21, 18, and 13, along with Turner Syndrome, Klinefelter Syndrome, and XYY or XXX (and gives the sex). They also have ntxPanel, which does the carrier screening for Cystic Fibrosis, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, and Fragile X. Both would be covered fully for me (based on my age and insurance), but their negotiated rate is $90 if it wasn't covered for you. 

That said, since they're already covered for me, I will be having them at my next visit on the 4th. At this point, and at no cost, I don't see any reason not to have them run.
    Did you already get your results back? How long did it take for you to get your verifi results? I just got my blood drawn and wasn't given any other choice beyond verifi. Curious to see what your experience was. 
  • Just got my panorama results back and we are low risk for everything. And we are team pink!!! 

I got the results through my doctors office online portal, the natera site still tells me 12/30. So for those checking the natera site give your doctors office/online portal a try. My blood was drawn last Monday 12/19 and the results were posted this morning. 
    That's awesome! Congrats!!

babydance-2
  • @caribbeanmama I didn't meet with a genetic counselor but the doctor that did the NT scan was a different OB than my normal one and ordered additional blood work on top of the normal first tri blood work that my regular OB ordered. He mentioned some genetic testing (cystic fibrosis carrier testing) and I told him I didn't need it because I had genetic testing done voluntarily a year or so ago and I was not a carrier. 
    caribbeanmama-2
  • Congrats!!!' @theweevee

so jealous of all you ladies getting results when I haven't even had my draw yet. Should find out tomorrow when they can do the test---hopefully soon. 

theweeveebabydance-2
  • Congrats @GlitterFish !!

glitterfish-2
  • Hi everyone! Took my Panorama test today! They said 10 business days but it'll take longer than usual because of the observed holiday January 2 blahhhhh and the patient portal online said to wait 2 days after blood test is taken, I'm so nervous and excited! Good luck everyone!
  • Just got my blood drawn today for Panorama as well...gonna be a long wait! At least I have my NT scan in the mean time so if something looks off I'll know that my NIPT is in the works. 
  • @Rae1 I don't know what mine was calley either. But I know it tested for all trisomy and downsyndrome a bonus was that they could see the x or y chromosome. But I have to go back between 16-18 weeks to do another panel that will test other things. 

Is it normal for them to break it up into two parts? I've never had this done before, like I was in the dark for my first pregnancy and second until 2nd tri, and I found TB and learned all this stuff. My OB never mentioned to me before, my old one that is. 
  • @ashaw512 There are some tests they can only do after 15ish weeks, like the blood draw for spina bifida. It's probably a couple of things like that, but that's the only one I know of at this point.

~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
    ashaw512
  • I got my blood drawn yesterday. They told me 5-7 business days to finding out. I don't know what the test is called, but they told me it tests for downs and the other trisomys and the sex of the baby. I have the NT scan scheduled for the 17th. I was also told to come back when I was 15w to get more blood drawn and another ultrasound. It's different than what I did for my other two. It seems like they're breaking up the testing now when before it was only boood draw and ultrasound at 12 weeks. Eeeekkk! I'm so nervous but it's so awesome reading all the positive news from your tests, ladies! Hopefully I get to join you all soon! 
  • @ashaw512 @supermom83 your tests sound like mine, I have to go back in a few weeks for more blood work too. Although I don't know if mine tells the sex. J guess I just assumed it would. But we are going back for a gender scan so I guess it doesn't really matter. 
    ashaw512
  • I had the Materni21 test with my first since I'm considered AMA (advanced maternal age).   I am doing Harmony with this pregnancy.  My OB doesn't do Materni21 anymore.  I would say for everyone considering be careful with your deductibles.  I was told the max out of pocket I would pay was $200.  I got a bill for  $700 because I hadn't met my deductible.  My OB office was great and fought it for me but I was still a pain.  
    This time around I was going to go do it before Christmas until I found out the non-insurance price went up the Friday before to 350.  I have a 1750 deductible so was just going to pay out of pocket cause I had been told 150.  My deductible resets Jan 1st so I am going to wait.  They said with insurance expect a 1500 bill but it will go towards my deductible which I will have to pay anyways.  

• Leysin97 said:
    I had the Materni21 test with my first since I'm considered AMA (advanced maternal age).   I am doing Harmony with this pregnancy.  My OB doesn't do Materni21 anymore.  I would say for everyone considering be careful with your deductibles.  I was told the max out of pocket I would pay was $200.  I got a bill for  $700 because I hadn't met my deductible.  My OB office was great and fought it for me but I was still a pain.  
    This time around I was going to go do it before Christmas until I found out the non-insurance price went up the Friday before to 350.  I have a 1750 deductible so was just going to pay out of pocket cause I had been told 150.  My deductible resets Jan 1st so I am going to wait.  They said with insurance expect a 1500 bill but it will go towards my deductible which I will have to pay anyways.  

Oh gosh curious to see how the billing shakes out - I was told I'd only have to pay $99 out of pocket and they didn't mention anything about deductible! I took the verifi test. 
    Leysin97
  • Xath said:
    Just got my Harmony results back! Very low risk for everything and baby is a girl!!!!

I wasn't expecting any results until after New Years, so this was such a pleasant call.
    Yay @Xath for low risk results!!! And Go Team Pink!!!!!!
    Xath
  • Yay @Xath! Congrats on a healthy baby girl!

My test is officially in the panorama portal. But estimated results date is January 9.  Ladies who did panorama and checked the portal, did you find that estimate to be accurate? 

Xath
  • @yellow1daisy mine came about 3 days earlier I believe. The guy I talked to when setting up my patient portal said they intentionally make it a couple days longer than it usually takes because they want to be certain they'll get it done by the time they tell the patient. I did NOT get an email confirming it was done, though, so keep logging in and looking.
    [spoiler]
    DSS 03/2006
    DD 07/2017
    DS EDD: 1/30/19
    [/spoiler]
    yellow1daisy