November 2016 Moms

PGAL & Rainbow Baby Check-In

edited December 2016 in November 2016 Moms
Sorry to miss this week's check-in post! E is going through a growth spurt and the tenuous sleep schedule we'd been getting into went out the window this weekend so my sleepy brain completely spaced.

Since *most* of us should have our LOs in our arms now I'm going to leave out the regular check-in questions. If there is anything specific you think would be nice to include in our rainbow baby check-ins, let me know. And do we want to do a weekly or monthly thread?

@MollySm - I saw your post from Tuesday, were you right? Is your LO finally here?

@BLyn627 - how are you doing? Have you had your LO yet?

@tigerfish227 - I'd love to see a recent pic of Vincent! Have you noticed a big change in him since birth? E's features have definitely changed in the 5 weeks she's been here!

I know there are more mamas of rainbow babies out there, please update us on how you and baby are doing, too! :smile:

Re: PGAL & Rainbow Baby Check-In

• She is here!!  On Tuesday I went in for an induction.   It was a ridiculous experience - my doc thought breaking my water would do it,  the doc on call thought baby was too high to break water,  different people kept checking me so I was told as the day progressed that I was 6 cm,  then 5.5, then 5, then 4.5.   But in the end my OB broke my water,  I labored without pitosin despite everyone telling me I needed it,  and she came out in just 3 min of pushing.   We've been home for 2.5 days now, and are exhausted,  but happy.   My whole body still hurts though,  so I'm ready for that to be done with.   She's so far a redhead,  which is crazy since my other two have brown hair and brown eyes like their Italian daddy.   We'll see if she darkens up. She was up pretty much all night last night,  and has slept a lot of today,  so I'm nervous about tonight! 

I hope everyone else is doing well,  and would love to read updates! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Congrats @mollysm !!! So happy for you and you little red head ;) if she needs help reversing her day from night what I was told to do is during the day be sure to feed her every two hours, wake her if she is sleeping, that way she won't be as hungry at night and hopefully sleep more during that time.

We are doing great over here. James hates getting his diaper changed but otherwise is a pretty chill baby. My MIL is visiting this weekend but after that I'm in my own until Christmas. Overall feeling much more confident in the whole taking care of two thing. Just wish the bleeding would stop already, ugh.
  • Loading the player...
  • My sweet boy is getting so big! The picture was a week ago but it's just so cute. He's outgrown his newborn clothes and diapers. I also had to move the straps up in his car seat to the second slots. He's quickly approaching 10lbs(we did a weighted feeding Wednesday at the support group and he was 9lb6.9oz before the feed with a fresh diaper). He's totally a momma's boy and I absolutely love it! It stresses me out occasionally (like when he's cluster feeding and crying inconsolably while I try to shower) but I know that he will eventually want daddy instead so I'm just soaking it up while it lasts. I think I'm starting to adjust to the lack of sleep, too. I don't feel like I'm constantly exhausted but I'm really not sleeping any more than I was a few weeks ago. Ultimately, I love being a mommy and he was totally worth waiting for!
  • Finally getting around to an update. We went in as scheduled for a RCS on the 21st. While I was hoping for a VBAC, after they pulled out my 9lb 15oz baby, I'm thankful for the RCS. One ounce shy of being a whole 2lbs bigger than her sister when she was born. And wow what a difference this recovery has been compared to last time when I labored for 26 hours before ending in a csection. Last time I had to force myself to get out of bed and move around bc it was so hard. This time, I had to keep telling myself not to overdo it bc I felt so good. 

The transition from family of 3 to family of 4 has been a breeze so far. So much easier than I expected. Our three year old is head over heels in love with her sister, but she has been having trouble listening and following directions with us lately. I'm just glad she's not taking out these new changes and feelings on her sister.