Trying to Get Pregnant

Benched/TTA Check-In

I don't see where this thread has been started the past couple of weeks? I checked twice just to make sure!

***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.***

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________ 

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R/CS? 

GTKY: If you had to choose to live without one of your five senses, which one would you give up? Why?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

Re: Benched/TTA Check-In

• Is there anyone who still even belongs to this group at the moment? I feel like so many of you have graduated from this thread back to TTC over the past month!

I'm still TTA for school until next August-ish. Things are going fine. My SIL had her c-section last Tuesday and my newest nephew is the cutest! They weren't planning on having a third (all three boys), but they weren't extremely stringent with BC either, because they took just over a year each to get pregnant with the other two boys.
    I'm just happy that in another 31 days I'll be able to say we're going to be TTGP "later this year". Feels like a milestone, even if it really isn't!

GTKY: I think I could live without my voice. I go long stretches without talking as it is, so I think I could manage. Part of me wanted to say taste, but... food.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 - I'm sure you're not alone!  We've gone back to TTC.  It was supposed to be just for the end of the last cycle and then I was going to figure out my work situation, but with the news of H's SA results, we're not wasting any potential opportunities!

Congratulations to your SIL, and I'm glad you're getting closer!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • You're not alone!  I'm here!  *waives hello*

Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? Miscarriage

How long do you think you'll be here? At least two more cycles - so hopefully just late January/Februaryish

How have things been going? Pretty good.  Although my mind is playing tricks on me because I totally feel pregnant, even though I know that's not possible.  It's also not fair, mind, so knock it off.  

Any R/R/CS? Just on myself.  It's a really mean trick to play on me.  

GTKY: If you had to choose to live without one of your five senses, which one would you give up? Why?

I'd say smell or touch.  although both are uber important from a safety perspective, I think I'd miss them the least. Probably touch because then I wouldn't get cold in the winter.   

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Are you benched or TTA? Oh hey, I'm TTA instead of benched now! Woot?

What brings you here? Well, I was benched due to a MC earlier, but now I'm just TTA because - wait for it - I'm quitting my hellish job and going back to school in January! It's just for a certificate program, so I can finish in the spring/summer semesters, so I think we'll start trying again a few months into the spring semester. I just want to make sure it's not more than I've chalked it up to be before I start battling any potential morning sickness, etc. 

How long do you think you'll be here? TBD, basically whenever I feel confident that I'm cool with trying again. Probably April/May

How have things been going? I'm reaaaaally nervous about quitting my job, but I think it's the right decision. DH makes enough money to support us and pay for school, and there is very little upward mobility / potential future happiness in my current career path. I need to switch for my sanity, and the longer I wait the more absurd it will be to start over. 

Any R/R/CS? Nah. 

GTKY: If you had to choose to live without one of your five senses, which one would you give up? Why? Oh hm... I guess hearing? But that sucks because I love music. I took sign language in high school, though, so I guess I could figure out how to communicate... I would like to keep all of my senses if possible.

• @doxiemoxie212 -- how exciting!  If upward mobility is what you're looking for, I think its smart to try and get whatever certification you need to pre-baby!  Much easier than trying to do it with an infant.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17