July 2017 Moms
Options

FTM check in 11/29

How far along are you?
Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in?
Any appointments since last week's check in? How did it go?
Rants/raves? 
Questions for FTM, or STM+? 
GTKY: If money did not matter what car/suv/truck/van would you want?

Re: FTM check in 11/29

• Options
    How far along are you? 8w6d
    Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in? Yes! My mom/sister/niece found out on Wednesday! My niece cried, my mom was ecstatic, my sister was -meh-. I told my dad on Friday! He was shocked but excited! He told me after every appointment he will be calling for updates. My husband's family will find out this Saturday.
    Any appointments since last week's check in? How did it go? Yes! I had my ultrasound, OB education, and midwife meeting yesterday. It all went well, just a lot of information to take in. Little peanut looked great, heartbeat was about 160. They said I was right on schedule! Measuring 2 days ahead but at this time they do not want to change the due date.
    Rants/raves? Rant: just how insanely busy my work day was today. I will catch up on all the other threads but needed to post this first. I will catch up on everything this evening, hopefully after laundry, groceries and cooking. I am tired just thinking about it.
    Questions for FTM, or STM+? When is too soon to start a registry and make it public? I have part of a secret one started but don't know when to make it public.
    GTKY: If money did not matter what car/suv/truck/van would you want? Mazda CX-9 sport or touring, no question! I love Mazdas! I wish I could have afforded one this time around instead of my Toyota Rav4, though it has been a good car.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7 weeks + 2
    Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in? Probably. Lol. I can't remember
    Any appointments since last week's check in? How did it go? Don't think so
    Rants/raves? This dry heaving / almost puking thing sucks AND I found out my car insurance went up by $200 and I  don't know why... might be time to shop around for new insurance.
    Questions for FTM, or STM+?  Nope
    GTKY: If money did not matter what car/suv/truck/van would you want? Not sure. I will have to get back to this

@osucma - I made one too but I'm not going to make it public until there is talk of a baby shower.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    RunRestRepeatRunRestRepeat member
    edited November 2016
    @osucma Oh man, I haven't even thought of a registry yet!

How far along are you? 5+5
    Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in? We told my MIL, FIL, and SIL on Thanksgiving and they are all SO excited! This will be the first grandchild (DH has one little sister) so they're over the moon. Also told my BFF (selfishly because she's a nurse studying to be a NP) and she already sent me the Mayo Clinic pregnancy book. Typical, and amazing!
    Any appointments since last week's check in? How did it go? Not until December 19 :s
    Rants/raves? We found out last night that DH has to go out of state for work from this Friday - next Tuesday. Super bummed, since we were planning on getting a tree and decorating this weekend. At least with him gone I'll have some alone time to work on a crochet project for a colleague. Though last time he got back from a trip was when I told him about my BFP... I already told him I've got no surprises this time!
    Questions for FTM, or STM+? I know this will be different for every one, but if you got your flu shot while pg, did you have any symptoms? I haven't gotten mine yet (typically I never do, but with baby I'm going to this year) so I don't know what to look out for.
    GTKY: If money did not matter what car/suv/truck/van would you want? I'm pretty lame when it comes to cars - I'm completely content with my Subaru Forester. Though I am really bummed that it will probably be my last manual car since fewer and fewer companies are making stick shifts!

ETA - thought of a question
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• Options
    How far along are you? 7w4d
    Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in? We told my parents and my sister + her BF on Thanksgiving and then my MIL and her BF on Saturday. My sister and mom screamed for about 5 minutes when our shirts sank in. My dad was really happy. My MIL, however, started talking instead about how her BF's grandkids already call her Grammy, so she's already a grandmother. My relationship with her was already rocky based on things she said to me in May (I had not seen or spoke to her since May), but my H was a little hurt I think.
    Any appointments since last week's check in? How did it go? Nothing until this Friday. FX for a good ultrasound!
    Rants/raves? Rant: My MIL. I cannot even with that woman. My H was so excited to tell her and she just acted meh about it. Not only did she say all that stuff about already being a grandmother, but she then said it was about time, that it was my decision to wait 3 years, and that it better be a son to carry on the family name. No, crazy lady: it was our decision to wait 1.5 years due to my medical problems and we spent another 1.5 years trying with a lot of heartache on my part. As for the son part...no. This kid will be named what we want with no input from you. I'd be perfectly happy to never see her again, but my H is her only child. (And the more I think about the whole situation, the more pissed I get. Who treats their own son and future grandchild like this?!)
    GTKY: If money did not matter what car/suv/truck/van would you want? Well, considering we're already planning to get a new(er) SUV in the next couple years, it would probably be a fully-loaded, top of the line Subaru Forrester.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options
    @lfk2013 What?!?! I'm sorry, but what a b&@$*%!! I give you major props for not going off on her. But your mom and sis sound super excited and supportive!

• Options
    How far along are you? 6+3

Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in? I told my DH, mom, and BF pretty much right away and then told DH's immediate family on Thanksgiving. They were all very happy and excited. I wasn't planning on telling anyone else for a while, but that all changed unexpectedly yesterday! I am super close with my team at work and they wanted to go out for drinks yesterday after work (as they often do!). I thought I could play it off and "fake drink" but I realize quickly after a failed attempt that it would just be too hard (the freaking hard cider came in a pint glass instead of a dark bottle! ugh!). PLUS with all the holiday parties and whatnot coming up, I knew they would probably call me out! Although I was nervous and about telling them so early, they were super excited and immediately wanted to go into strategy mode to block and tackle for me at all the upcoming events. :) It was very cute and I'm thankful to have them in my corner now and not have to hide! 

Any appointments since last week's check in? How did it go? I had my first u/s on Monday! Was amazing to see the little heart beat and the pic is already up in my apt! I go back in next Thursday for a follow up u/s with the fertility doc and just made an appointment with an OB for 12/16.

Rants/raves? So far I've been ok symptom-wise, but noticeably thirsty ALL THE TIME and I'm hungry literally every two hours. It's definitely better than being nauseous (fingers crossed I can avoid it!), but damn! 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Nothing right now! 

GTKY: If money did not matter what car/suv/truck/van would you want? Probably a Land Rover or an Audi. 
    Me: 36 | DH: 34
    Married: May 2008
    TTC #1 since August 2015
    FET #1: November 4, 2016
    BFP: November 13, 2016 
    EDD: July 25, 2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7 weeks 4days
    Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in? well Ive never checked in sooo lol both our parents know and ive told a couple people at work
    Any appointments since last week's check in? How did it go? not yet, first one is on the 5th I am so anxious!
    Rants/raves? Ok so this is probably going to sound silly to a lot of people. Before getting pregnant I was in the process of loosing weight. I started at 284 and got down to 214, Ive actually been in a plateau since Feb which has drove me nuts. So the whole idea that Im about to put weight on scares the crap out of me! Im trying to be excited and think of my little bump but then there are days like today where my weigh shoots up overnight (i was 218 yesterday and weighed in at 226 today) that just make me nervous. I know being bigger Im not supposed to put on as much so its almost become an obsessive get on the scale thing. I know right now most of that is water weight and constipation (uggh lol) but I just cant get it out of my head. Anyone have any tips for mentally being ok with it? Im so excited but Im just not mentally ready for the weight gain :-(
    Questions for FTM, or STM+? does anyone else get paranoid when thier symptoms stop? My coworker laughs cause the boob pain comes and goes and I get excited when it comes back lol Other than that some headaches, emotions being silly and mild cramping thats kind of stopped this week I havent had many symptoms. 
    GTKY: If money did not matter what car/suv/truck/van would you want? I honestly couldnt tell you other than an SUV for sure!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @leilac When we had a motherhood store locally, I got some things there. They are pricey, but always had bogo and sales that made it ok. My go to is old navy, especially since I have the credit card. I wait until they have 40-50 off or some other crazy sale. I always buy online as the selection is waay better. Free shipping at $50 and free returns. I find the maternity to run pretty true to the regular womens sizes. Both the thin leggings and thick are great. I prefer full panel pants and found the everyday or perfect kackis to be awesome for work if you don't have to be more dressed up. I'm a little bummed I won't get more use out of what I already have (last baby was March) and will have to pick up more summer items. Some people swear by consignment, but locally I didn't find much in my size/style.
  • Options

@saphiresweetie88 that is what I was thinking about doing too. Just curious about other opinions :) thanks!
    @runrestrepeat I also got my flu shot this year, I was around 5 weeks pregnant I think. I did not get any symptoms and honestly you shouldn't. It isn't an active virus so it can't actually make you sick. If you do get sick chances are the virus was already in your system dormant.
    @lfk2013 I am so sorry you were treated/talked to that way. That is awful. Your story is my fear for this weekend when we tell my ILs.
    @danyellie I am sorry you are struggling in regards to your weight. The one thing I have heard/read that seemed helpful was that you needed to keep in mind that this is a good reason to keep on weight, and if you are staying active and eating well the weight should not be an issue to come back off post-natally.

• Options
    Thanks, @leilac and @osucma! I just need to get my butt over there!

@danyellie You are not alone! I wasn't overweight, but I've busted my ass the last 3 or so years to get in the best shape of my life and I've definitely had a few moments of sadness when I realize my body may never be the same. It doesn't always work, but I just constantly remind myself of this bad-ass thing my body is doing. I mean, how incredible is is that we are all GROWING ANOTHER HUMAN? When I think about how amazing this process is, the extra fat and stretchmarks are totally worth it :)

• Options
    @lfk2013 oh my goodness, I am so sorry you and DH had to experience that. What an awful way to treat your son when you guys are obviously so excited! 

@leilac yay for an awesome ultrasound experience! 

@danyellie I'm sorry that you're dealing with these issues concerning your weight. Just try your hardest to stay healthy for you and baby... both physically and mentally! 

How far along are you? 
    5+3

Yes! We told DH's sister and his best friend and his wife. SIL's birthday was last Wednesday so we decided to make her a shirt that says "#auntsquad". She cried and screamed in the middle of the restaurant we were at. It was great! 

Any appointments since last week's check in? How did it go? Nope. Viability US is two weeks from today.

Rants/raves? 
    Still waiting on any crazy symptoms. I know I'm not a special snowflake so it's kinda like waiting for the bomb to drop haha

When did you guys start "feeling" pregnant? Some days I'm like "Yeah there's totally something going on in my body" but days like today it's business as normal.

So bad at this question. I really wanted a Jeep Laredo before I got my new Escape (I highly recommend btw if anyone is in the market) but I heard there were issues with car seats fitting.
    Me:25 DH:28
    Married: October 2014
    TTC#1:May 2016
    BFP: 11/16/16   EDD: 7/30/17
    4 fur babies

• Options
    @shstephenson I think it's normal to fluctuate on feeling things. I feel pregnant today mostly because of the insane bloating I have and insatiable hunger but if you would have asked me yesterday I would have told you no. It will probably feel more consistently real when I start showing and feeling things.
  • Options
    Stupid emotions make me tear up over everything! LOL
    @osucma and @RunRestRepeat Thank you, your words really do help. I do need to get back into being active I took a week off because of being sick with some kind of sinus stuff that was in my chest so i was really scared to push anything. I'm going to get back to going to the gym tomorrow am (seeing as I cant sleep past 5 am anyway because I've become the lightest sleeper in the world lately haha) I know I can do this its just getting out of my own head. I want so badly to be cute with my bump and not feel just sloppy messy looking :neutral: Body issues stink! lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @danyellie I know it's some-what cliche' but I think all pregnant women are beautiful, truly. Also don't feel bad about taking 1 week off, I haven't been to the gym in 1 month and 2 weeks. I am starting back today.
  • Options
    @shstephenson Thank you :-) Oh and if it make you feel better I don't feel pregnant still sometimes (though my boyfriend will tell you otherwise based on the crying spells LOL), my symptoms other than the boobs have been mild or non existent. I think once I see it for myself on the ultrasound thats when it will REALLY sink in :smile: 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @osucma I started my registry for both of mine right after my A/S. I didn't care for them them to be private or public but some registries have different pros. Baby Depot gives you 15% off until your finish off everything on your registry, Target gives you a $25 gift card at registry (I think they still do).
  • Options
    @ashaw target gave me a little welcome back with a few samples and some coupons
  • Options
    @leilac - I have thought about it and I eat 1 cracker after it starts which seems to help. I am wondering if maybe it's related to how much sleep I get. Today I am working the closing shift so I went to bed around 1 am and got up around noon and no dry heaving.

@osucma - You're welcome!
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you? 7w3d
    Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in? We have not told a single soul. I want to wait at least until the first appointment, which isn't until 12/12. I will be 9w1d at that point (according to LMP).
    Any appointments since last week's check in? N/A
    How did it go? N/A

Rants/raves? Not really. I'm sure I'll have plenty rants when we start making announcements, though.
    Questions for FTM, or STM+? N/A
    GTKY: If money did not matter what car/suv/truck/van would you want? I would love to have some kind of sports car. Maybe a new Mustang or a Challenger. If we are talking a mom car, I really love the new 4-Runners. As it is, I drive a 2008 Ford Edge and I don't see that changing anytime soon!
  • Options
    @ashaw512 @osucma Target also does the 15% registry completion coupon. And you can add stuff to your registry and then immediately purchase it and use the coupon (helpful hint for once baby comes and you realized you need 'xyz'). My sister has a new foster baby, so she made a registry and currently has the 15% off. So for cyber monday I got the Baby Jogger city mini (retail $260) for like $140 (15% off for cyber monday, 15% off registry coupon, 5% off for paying with redcard, and $50 gift card w/ purchase of the stroller). I was pretty pumped. 

How far along are you? 
    9w 

This is my first time joining this thread so yes! I told my one sister and a few friends pretty early. We had our 1st appointment the day before Thanksgiving so after that we went to my dad's nursing home and told my parents. Then Thanksgiving we told the rest of our families (MIL included, who flipped - DH is an only child). 

Any appointments since last week's check in? 
    We had our 1st appt last Wednesday. Next one is 12/21

How did it go?
    wonderful! got to see that little heartbeat flicker <3

Rants/raves? 
    Not right now. 

Nope

Ooh. Probably a Range Rover. Or the huge Infiniti SUV (QX80?). I like big SUVs lol
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

Sorry, this is my first post in FTM Check-in.  The holidays have got me behind!

How far along are you? 9 weeks, 4 days
    Have you told anyone about the pregnancy since last check in? I have told many close friends.  I think we are going to announce next week when I'm around 10 weeks
    Any appointments since last week's check in? How did it go? I have had 4 ultrasounds so far.  Todays U/S was amazing!  My little baby was moving his/her arm.  So in love!!
    Rants/raves? No symptoms to this day... praying for boobs!!!
    Questions for FTM, or STM+? Not just yet
    GTKY: If money did not matter what car/suv/truck/van would you want? I want an Explorer!

TTC since April 2015- low AMH, low Morphology
    Clomid~ Feb2016-Apr2016, BFN x 3
    Natural ovulation IUI June2016, BFN
    IVF #1 08/26/2016- 4 eggs mature, 4 fertilized normally, 1 made it to transfer
    Fresh Transfer 08/31/2016, BFP.. Miscarriage 17dp5dt
    IVF results were hard to handle, wanted to attempt IUI a few more times
    Medicated IUI (Gonal-F, Ovidrel trigger) Oct2016
    BFP 10/20/2016!!!! Beta 1 (10dpiui) 16.9: Beta 2 (11dpiui) 42.23: Beta 3 (14dpiui) 282

BabyFruit Ticker