Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Tuesday 11/29

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What are your sleep habits like?
It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: WTO Tuesday 11/29

• Loading the player...
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited November 2016
    @FLAshley Sorry about CD1. I hope YH starts pitching in soon! My emotional wreckness is actually when I ovulate instead of when AF shows since my hormones are insane. Between sweating and my short fuse yesterday, I knew I was about to O. I don't temp vaginally, so a I can't help there. I sleep with my mouth open a lot, especially if I'm stuffy. Wearing my night guard helps and either way, I'm still able to see quite the temp jump. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 I get emotional during O as well ! I really need to try to keep together or sexy time isn't very sexy. I always thought I was a very moody person but I guess I'm just very hormonal (or at least that's what I'm going with ;) ). Glad to see you've O'd. Hope you don't come back here when you leave !! 

Me 27 <3 DF 44
    TTC post VR Sept 21/16
    SA 6 weeks post op 50.7 mil count 40% motility

• Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: HIO, PNV, OPKs, RRLT

R/R: Its weird...we have never had issues but last night I had anxiety-induced performance anxiety, like, it couldnt happen. This better go away, fast.

CS/Q: 

Terrible. Dont remind me.
  • Month/Cycle: 9 months, 3/3 TTCAL

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: PNV, OPK, BBT, preseed, GDTPT, things like that

R/R: Meh. I feel like I'm just phoning it in this cycle. With how travel timing works this cycle, my hopes are low. So I alternate between feeling like it's a good thing to give myself a bit of a break from chugging tea and stuff and beating myself up for not giving myself the best chance possible. 

CS/Q: nah

GTKY: Not so good lately. I've been doing a lot of tossing and turning and waking up early with my mind just obsessed with my to do list.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Month/Cycle: 2/3

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: temping, opk's, pnv's 

R/R: Our flight home landed at 12:30 so I'm pretty exhausted today, but thankfully work is slow!

CS/Q: I'll start temping again tomorrow but I kinda feel there's no point this month other than to track my ovulation; work conference has me flying out on -3 so I'd only get -4 and -5 for timing. It is what it is!

GTKY: What are your sleep habits like?  I tend to go to bed around 10 or 10:30 and I get up at 6:15, weekends I'll stay up until around 11:30 and I'll be up by 9am. I thrash sometimes and talk in my sleep.

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: CM. PNVs. Charting. Diet related things 

R/R: I'm trying to cut down my drinking this cycle to see how that works. I miss my nightly glass of wine! Also we are trying it "DH's way" this month which has meant HIO ED so far

CS/Q: 

i sleep pretty deep

@NYTino24 yay for O! And happy anniversary!

Me: 28 | DH: 33
    EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3 

• @NYTino24 Yay for O!
    @FLAshley Good for you for communicating what you need.  Keep it up!

Month/Cycle: 9/8

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: Femara right now - later Gonal-F, Ovidrel, IUI, Progesterone

R/R: Meh.  Period has almost stopped, so that's exciting.

CS/Q: 

I am an extremely light sleeper.  I can't even count the number of times I wake up during the night.  I think this is why I am just perpetually sleepy.
  • welcome back @maebee87

• Hi ladies-this is my first post on the WTO thread...moving over from TWW today.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: Charting BBT/CM, OPKs, PNV

R/R: Honestly, glad to be onto a new cycle after my wonky chart had me obsessing last month. Hoping for better things and less BSC this cycle.

CS/Q: CD1-nothing to see here

GTKY: What are your sleep habits like?: Fairly crap. I was always a night owl, staying up til 1-2am. A few years ago I went through a bout of insomnia, and was only sleeping from around 3am-6am nightly (and somehow holding up surprisingly well!?). That resolved, and now I fall asleep at a relatively normal midnight-ish, but sleep SO lightly, every little noise wakes me up and I toss and turn all night. I want to invest in a nice mattress topper and some new memory foam pillows to see if it helps!

Me: 36  DH: 41

DS born 04/24/08

TTC #2: September 2016

My Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/681ee7

• Month/Cycle: 9

CD:  8

WAYDTGKU:  All the things + Metformin

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What are your sleep habits like? I try to sleep early but I'm always awake until like, 1 AM, up once or twice in the night and then up by 7.
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married: 04/05/15
    TTC since: 02/16/16

• doula-mamadoula-mama member
    edited November 2016
    Hi ladies - I've missed you all this weekend!

@FLAshley I just switched to temping vaginally. I also sleep really soundly most nights, but DH said I do mouth breath sometimes. Not counting this past weekend (see CS/Q), I found that my temps were far less erratic this month, so I'm sure it had to do with the readings being more accurate. 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 22

R/R: Rave: DH and I had an amazing weekend in Napa! Very relaxing, and perfect for HIO ED! Rant: I do not want to be home and going back to work today. Plus, the trip definitely messed with my BBT, so I don't really know for O day

CS/Q: FF gave me dotted crosshairs today (and I had positive OPKs Saturday and Sunday - first month using them, so I don't know any trends for my cycle). I'm not sure how reliable the O date is (my temping was all wonky this weekend, what with the travel, later nights, and lots of wine) - Friday morning I wasn't thinking and had packed my thermometer so had to skip temping. Saturday night we drank a fair bit of wine, and quite late into the evening - which means I don't know if Sunday's spike is a wine spike (you can see from CD5/6, I get very definite weekend wine spikes), or an O spike. Any suggestions?  

ETA: I don't know if it makes a difference, but I had the positive test late afternoon on Saturday (4ish) and then again Sunday morning (10ish), followed by a negative in the late afternoon (4ish again).

GTKY: Other than when I'm travelling, I'm generally really regular with my sleep. I like to go to bed early (like, 10-11) and then wake up around 6:30/7. Even on weekends, sleeping in is maybe 8am? I also am lucky and sleep quite soundly, although I do get random nights were I have trouble - and then it's a LOT of trouble, both falling asleep and staying asleep.
  • **TWW lurker**

***TW***

Hey @hartmich, just wanted to send some encouragement about the year-clock resetting.  I consider the guidance as seeking assistance after a year without a *successful* pregnancy.  A loss is not a successful pregnancy and your year of trying should not be reset because you were able to conceive.  It will give some guidance to any testing if you go that route but it shouldn't reset the clock.  I doubt you will hear any resistance on that from your doctor but in case you do please advocate for yourself.  GL today!!
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• @virginiaham Thank you! That makes me feel better. My doctor is pretty awesome but we haven't obviously discussed possible IF yet so I just don't know how she will be. I like how you phrased that - that if we get to 12 months without a successful pregnancy I'd want to start testing etc. Thanks again.

• Lurking from TWW**
    @nytino24 congrats on O
    @FLAshley sorry CD 1
    @laurad75 sorry it didn't look like you had a big follie... hopefully the official report will have better news
    @maebee87 sorry your back but it's nice to see you around here. GL
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @zwink1 sorry you're having a rough TTC week, that really sucks!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, OPKs, CM, HIO

R/R: I'm sick with the flu, and I never get sick, so when I do it's like man flu I'm a really big wimp about it 

CS/Q: not really a chart question but from what I've been able to find out on doctor google the only reason not to take Tylenol cold and flu when TTC is because it can dry up your CM, so I guess if we use preseed it should be fine to keep taking the medication. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

GTKY: What are your sleep habits like? Pretty good, I sleep really early on weeknights, round 8.30 because I work out early, although occasionally I wake up round 3am and can't get back to sleep 
  • @NYTino24 yay for a positive opk!!

@FLAshley sorry for cd 1

@lulu1180 sending you hugs and hoping you get answers soon!

@ChefRamsay  GL over in the TWW!!!

Month/Cycle: 11/11

CD:  2

WAYDTGKU: waiting for AF to leave 

R/R: crappy rainy day here, got screamed at by a patient this morning. Ready to go home. More wine needed! Hoping to get DH on board to start eating better this month to help support me and even for himself 

CS/Q: none

ive always had interrupted sleep but never really thought anything of it. Now I definitely see that it has an impact though! 

• @zwink1 I am so, so sorry that you got this bad news.  On the plus though at least you know what is up and what to work on.  I really do think knowledge is power.

Some things your H can work on starting today:
    - If he carries his cell phone in his front pocket, tell him to stop.  
    - Have him cut 100% of caffeine out of his diet.
    - Limit alcohol consumption to as little as possible.  Definitely not multiple drinks in one night.
    - Have him take a daily multivitamin 
    - Have him begin working out a few times a week - weight lifting or running or (not hot) yoga.
    - If he smokes he needs to stop
  • Month/Cycle: 11/10

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: doing  it, and everything else, and hoping for some magic

R/R: Family last night at work had bed bugs crawling out of their clothes, so I had to wash everything and take a super hot shower last night. I still feel gross. 

CS/Q: nada yet, waiting on some higher temps tomorrow and the next day and I think I'll have O'd yesterday or today. 

GTKY: What are your sleep habits like? My body wants to go to bed at 11:00 and wake around 9:00,  but since I have work, I got to bed around 10:15/11:00 and wake 6:00-6:30.  I'm a really good sleeper. I cried in first grade when I found out I couldn't have naps anymore. I love naps on Sunday afternoon.

@NYTino24 My H annd I got married on our dataversary so I feel like I am not losing the years that we were together before we got married!
    @FLAshley @thebookisbetter sorry for CD 1
    @mrsjqg1024 I took mucinex a few cycles and didn't notice a difference, but I also just took it once per day during FW and then twice per day when I  was right around the days of O.  
    @maebee87 Welcome back, good for your to take time you needed to heal. I hope this next step works for you and your stay is short! There are a few of us here that are right around the one year mark and starting to go to RE appoinments, so I hope you find the support you need here! 
    @zwink1 I am so sorry for the bad news. I hope it gives you some direction though so that you aren't continuing to TTC and not getting anywhere. I'm sure that doesn't help though. HUGS.. 
    @metrogirl Mucinex is safe  and fertility friendly, so you can always switch and take that instead. 

32 years old (both H and I)
    Dating 7/2008
    Married 7/2014
    H Type I Diabetic
    TTC 1/2016
    12/2016 mental break from TTC-NTNP
    1/10/2017 initial appt with RE (all BW results WNL)
    1/17/2017 SA DX Virtual Azoo (3 sperm 0%morph 0%motility)
    1/18/2017 STP tubes clear
    2/1/2017 initial appt with Urologist
    2/15/2017 DX H Robertsonian Translocation
    H is on clomid and Theralogix Supplements
    6/26/17 repeat SA: 47 sperm 0% morph 13% motility
    7/26/17 IVF Consult, repeat SA (4 sperm)
    8/21/17 Starting IVF cycle with Donor Sperm backup
    9/1/17 ER ICSI PGS: only 2 donor embryos made it to freeze
    9/13/17 Started cycle for IUI with donor and clomid
    9/27/17 IUI canceled for overstim
    October Plan IUI with donor and low dose clomid

• @zwink1 I have to second @antoto's advice, and I agree that knowledge is power!

I'm sorry that you got bad news, but at least you guys can formulate a plan and go from there. Hugs to you, and I hope your results come back good!

• Unfortunately my blood work came back with bad news.  My progesterone level is super high indicating that I O'd early (prob CD 7 based on my chart).  That explains the weird high temps I have been complaining about.  Now, all I can do is sit around and wait for a new cycle.  

I'm so sad.  This process is just the worst and I feel like nothing is ever going to work.  I'll see you all in TWW. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• @laurad75 So sorry about the bad news!  I was going to suggest yesterday that maybe you O'd on CD7 but nothing else seemed to match up with that :(

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • @zwink1: on top of what @antoto said, look into vitamin c and Zinc. When we weren't sure if the problem was with DH or myself, I did some research and then talked with his doctor about the findings. She looked it over and told us that she had heard about the possibility of those vitamins helping with sperm count and things but hadn't ever suggested it to anyone. She told us to give it a try. He had been taking them before he had his scheduled SA and the numbers were good so I can't say if it was because he hadn't had one prior to taking them but maybe it would be something to look into and ask his doctor as well. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • edited November 2016
    @zwink1: on top of what @antoto said, look into vitamin c and Zinc. When we weren't sure if the problem was with DH or myself, I did some research and then talked with his doctor about the findings. She looked it over and told us that she had heard about the possibility of those vitamins helping with sperm count and things but hadn't ever suggested it to anyone. She told us to give it a try. He had been taking them before he had his scheduled SA and the numbers were good so I can't say if it was because he hadn't had one prior to taking them but maybe it would be something to look into and ask his doctor as well. 
    True!  Those should be found in a good prenatal (H takes Rainbow Light Men's One) - but make sure it does include those things.

Other vitamins my H takes to help count/quality:  NAC - 600mg, CoQ10 - 100mg, and then additional vitamin c on top of what is in the multi vitamin (1000).

ETA including links to these things on Amazon in spoiler box

• Lurking again...
        @laurad75 I am so sorry, that stinks  blows (I could use a thousand swear words here). That's the 2nd time in 3 cycles that they have missed your O!! I would have a serious talk with your RE about more aggressive monitoring or find another RE. If your a drink till its pink girl I'd have a glass of wine tonight, if not you deserve a big box of chocolates.  I am so sad and frustrated for you. 

*TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Thanks @wabash15.  This cycle wasn't there fault.  O on CD 7 is something off with my body.  That being said, at 41 years old I don't have time for cancelled cycles so I will be interested in what the doctor says.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• zwink1zwink1 member
    edited November 2016
    @metrogirl, I second @JuneRoseRuby with the mucinex suggestion.  You may be okay with the Tylenol, but if it's really a concern and you want to play it safe, you may want to try the mucinex or just suffer through the cold. Fertile CM is necessary to keep the sperm alive long enough to reach the egg, and it's my understanding that while proseed does not inhibit sperm, it doesn't actually help them at all either.

@JuneRoseRuby  oh gosh, that sounds awful for them and for you. I know I'd be freaking out!

@sheknows6, @antoto@JuneRoseRuby you ladies, as per usual, are right, it is at least a sense of direction!!

@antoto, Thanks for the list and the links! H doesn't smoke, and isn't a big drinker, but could probably still cut back. He also got the death glare when he walked in with a mountain dew on Sat, so hopefully he takes that seriously when I'm not around to police him. I didn't even think about the phone, I'll have to bring that up.  I've already been handing him omega 3 and vitamin c, since we have them on hand, and I'm checking out multi vitamins, so your list is great. 

@busymommy23, I had read that about zinc as well, good to know that your Dr had heard of it as well. 

@laurad75 I am so sorry about your cancelled cycle, that is awful. Hopefully the Dr has a plan of action for next cycle. Hugs to you.

Edit - incomplete sentence.
  • @redbreast35 thanks for your review!!