Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Monday 11/28

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY: What job did you want when you were young?  Did you end up with that job?

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
Married 6/11/16
TTC Since 6/2016
12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
7/2018 Clomid+IUI
11/2018 Letrozole+TI
12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
2/2019 NTNP
5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree

Re: WTO Monday 11/28

• Loading the player...
  • @lulu1180 Noooo! Didn't you just start this cycle after a really short one before?! This really sucks. I hope you get answers fast.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @NYTino24 I sure did.  This would make my last three cycles, 15, 16 and 16 days.  There's obviously no way I'm ever going to get KU if I'm bleeding every 2 weeks or so.

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree

• @lulu1180 What the actual fuck! That is so unfair. And concerning regardless of ttc. If nothing else, a gynecologist will see you about the short cycles and you can request bloodwork (which it would be the standard of care to run in this situation anyway regardless of ttc but you should ask for amh/fsh too). Get to a gynecologist and get this resolved! <3 

@RedBreast35 I am also switching out my chemical products. I started using Shea Moisture conditioner (it's sold at the cvs near my work). It's pretty good but doesn't do a great job on split ends, of which I have a lot. 

• @laurad75 This cycle looks similar to your July and August cycles, but it doesn't seem out of the norm for you to have high temps before O, or to O at totally different times. I am not of any help. I hope you see some clear temp shifts soon. 
    32 years old (both H and I)
    Dating 7/2008
    Married 7/2014
    H Type I Diabetic
    TTC 1/2016
    12/2016 mental break from TTC-NTNP
    1/10/2017 initial appt with RE (all BW results WNL)
    1/17/2017 SA DX Virtual Azoo (3 sperm 0%morph 0%motility)
    1/18/2017 STP tubes clear
    2/1/2017 initial appt with Urologist
    2/15/2017 DX H Robertsonian Translocation
    H is on clomid and Theralogix Supplements
    6/26/17 repeat SA: 47 sperm 0% morph 13% motility
    7/26/17 IVF Consult, repeat SA (4 sperm)
    8/21/17 Starting IVF cycle with Donor Sperm backup
    9/1/17 ER ICSI PGS: only 2 donor embryos made it to freeze
    9/13/17 Started cycle for IUI with donor and clomid
    9/27/17 IUI canceled for overstim
    October Plan IUI with donor and low dose clomid

• @NYTino24 FX for a good temp spike tomorrow!

@lulu1180 I'm so sorry about your f'd up cycles! Hopefully your Dr can help figure out what's going on.

@RedBreast35 congrats on being off the bench. And I'm so sorry about your loss.

Month/Cycle: 
    10/3AL
    CD: 
    WAYDTGKU: 
    BBT CM 
    R/R: 
    It was a good weekend but I'm glad to be back at work!
    CS/Q: 
    Not much to see here. I keep waking up 1-2 hours before I normally temp and I think it's screwing with my chart. 

I always said I wanted to me a mathematician when I was young. I ended up getting my degree in accounting and now I work in data analysis, so I guess it was similar. 
    **TW**
    Me: 30  DH:30
    Together 2003, Married 2011
    DD: July 2005
    BFP: 4/10/16, MC: 5/20/16
    BFP: 1/10/17, DD2: Sep 2017

TTGP Dec '16 siggy challenge winner!

• RedBreast35RedBreast35 member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks for the shampoo suggestions!  @JuneRoseRuby I think you and I have the exact same hair-  I'll look for the Avalon brand!
    @hartmich I started reading It Starts With the Egg this weekend- was it you who mentioned it last week?  

*TW loss*  I got the results of the genetic testing after my d&c and it was a chromosome abnormality that is often attributed to poor egg quality/being AMA.  Like you, I have been a historically late Oer and that combined with my loss, I'm really worried about egg quality now.  *End TW*

The book seems good so far, although it feels like it could be a major life overhaul if you were to truly adopt every suggestion she makes and hadn't looked into some of these things before.  I'm reading through it pretty quickly this first time and then I'm going to go back to the parts that I think I want to focus on.  There's a lot of science and she cites all her studies and stuff like that so it's hard not to want to just trust her and try everything, but like with everything else TTC, I think you have to figure out what you think will apply to your life and what you're comfortable with.

edit to add missing word
  • @antoto I have a question about your drugs. I was trying to ask dr. google to learn more, but hoping for some clarification from you. This is just out of curiosity and wanting to learn more. So the Femara is folical stimulating, and then when do you do the gonal-F and Ovidrel shots? Are those the trigger shots?
    Dating 7/2008
    Married 7/2014
    H Type I Diabetic
    TTC 1/2016

• @antoto I have a question about your drugs. I was trying to ask dr. google to learn more, but hoping for some clarification from you. This is just out of curiosity and wanting to learn more. So the Femara is folical stimulating, and then when do you do the gonal-F and Ovidrel shots? Are those the trigger shots?
    Femara is follicle stimulating, correct.  Gonal - F is sort of similar in that it encourages egg growth.  My RE basically said it should create a miniature over stimulation.  I had three follicles last month on just the Femara, but two of them were super small and even the lead follicle was smaller than it should have been.  The Ovidrel is the thing that forces ovulation (generally around 36 hours after you inject it).
  • @busymommy23 WTF. I don't understand why the hell she would text you. I think your completely justified in being rubbed the wrong way. 

@Dilynne FX for your DH's interview!

@lulu1180 ugh, so sorry you're dealing with this. FX you get some answers soon. 
  • @antoto thanks for the  science! 
    @busymommy23 you aren't alone. I have just been avoiding social  media lately because the holiday announcements are not good for my mental health. I figured if I miss something  huge, then my friends would have just let me know in a separate text. But that text you got... that's braggy, not nice. 
    @RedBreast35 your welcome. Avalon organics is in the crunchy section of my food store and in Target. Its pretty easy to find around here. Hopefully you find it. I like the lavender one. the lemon one is too cleansing for daily use but nice if you have a bunch of build up from other shampoos/conditioners/hair products. 
    Dating 7/2008
    Married 7/2014
    H Type I Diabetic
    TTC 1/2016

• @purplg8r I never had the chance to see the Osborne Lights but the looked amazing. A few of the Disney groups I am in on facebook recently posted that it looks like they may be using them in Branson, Missouri holiday light show. A bit far from me still but at least others will be able to enjoy them!
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • @lboalboh so sorry for such a rough November! I hope you had time to heal and your H has good coping strategies. 
    Dating 7/2008
    Married 7/2014
    H Type I Diabetic
    TTC 1/2016

• @NYTino24 2 hours?!?! That is a hell of a commute!

@adirat I. Love. SheaMoisture. I have really curly hair and their products are fantastic. I love their shampoos, conditioners, lotions, hand soaps, and styling products (although their rose scented curl gel definitely attracted bees during the summer).

Oh, I almost forgot about another rant. **TW** My brother called on Thanksgiving to announce that his wife is pregnant. It felt like my stomach dropped and I almost started crying on the phone. However, I sucked it up and told him how happy I was for them and how I was thrilled to have a fourth niece or nephew. After about a minute of forced excitement, my brother said "JUST KIDDING! Of course we aren't expecting! HAHAHA! That would be terrible! AND YOU FELL FOR IT!!!" I kindly reminded him that DH and I have been trying for months and haven't been successful, so the joke wasn't really funny. He went on to apologize and told me to stop stressing so much, it will happen when it happens. I politely ended the call and told him we'd chat later. WTF?!? **TW over**

• @lboalboh Welcome back! What a tough November. I should see what other Shea Moisture products I can find. Also your brother sounds like a dick.

@hartmich I also meal plan and switching from tupperware to glass containers was a drag at first, but I got used to the extra weight really quickly. I'm sure you will too! I'm starting It Starts with the Egg this week...you guys have me nervous now...

• Month/Cycle: 2/3

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: all the things

R/R: flying home from thanksgiving vacation today

CS/Q: nope

i wanted to be president lol
    @lulu1180 I am so sorry about CD1 again, hugs to you!!!

Me: 32 / DH: 33
    DD born: 3/31/19

• @redbreast35 It was me who asked about that book but I'm too afraid to read it. Because I'm sure I'll freak the F out that my eggs are all bad and I will want to change EVERYTHING. 

@adirat GL with that book. I don't think I'm in the right place right now to read it. 

• @hartmich I get that. Hugs.

@Redbreast35 I'd be interested to hear what else you are doing or your thoughts on the book. I'm thinking about doing an anti-inflammatory diet for TTC given my probable endometriosis, in case inflammation is preventing implantation or keeping the pregnancy. *possible TW* I have had multiple triphasic charts but always get AF so I'm wondering about this *end TW* I know it would be too hard for me to do a new diet around the holidays, hence January.

• @redbreast35 my RE had me start taking inositol to help improve egg quality. I'm not sure if you've looked into that at all but I figured that I'd throw it out there for you! It's cheap on Amazon if you get it in powder form. 
  • RedBreast35RedBreast35 member
    edited November 2016
    @hartmich and @adirat I'm going to try to finish it tonight.  One good thing I've felt about it so far is that, while she makes the point that a lot of different things can negatively affect egg quality, it hasn't been presented in a way that raised the panic in me yet.  Women have been doing a whole lot worse things for TTC than washing their hair with phthalates and eating from plastic containers for a long time and still got KU.  I'm trying to look at it from the perspective that I don't think making any of these changes is really going to solve my problems with TTC, but will hopefully keep nudging me in the right direction.  
    Also @adirat I totally get waiting until after the holidays to start any diet changes.  Thanksgiving with the in-laws and no wine?  Oh no thank you!
    @lboalboh I'm so sorry your November was so awful!  FX for O and that things get better from here!  And your brother needs a reality check after that phone call.  What a terribly insensitive thing to do to someone!!
    @kiwi2628 I would never have the stomach (or heart if something bad happened) for it, but performing surgeries must be such a rush!

eta Thanks @mokay19!  I am going to make a list of things to talk to my RE about when I see her in January and I'll add that to it!  I had asked her once before if she recommended anything besides a prenatal and she didn't, so I'm hoping to bring up some specific things.  Adding any supplements is the one step that freaks me out to do without her approval.  
  • Month/Cycle: 11/11

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: not enough 

R/R: had off from work today. It's 345 and I'm drinking wine, not one shit given. 

CS/Q: Not sure what my next move should be. I see some people doing IUIs before a year I don't really know about anything beyond charting and temping so I don't really know what to do or what comes next. Any thoughts are appreciated. 

wanted to be a teacher, wound up becoming a marriage and family therapist