March 2017 Moms

Never say ____ to a pregnant woman : Nov 28

2»

Re: Never say ____ to a pregnant woman : Nov 28

• Why do people automatically assume everyone "gets fat" when they're pregnant?! 
    I don't know but it pisses me right off. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • So I'm a pretty no nonsense/ no bs type of person. I have no problem calling it how i see it or calling people out on their bs. I've been like that since birth, so please don't tell me my raging hormones are the reason why I'm calling you out for lying to my face about completing a task delegated to you by me at work. Do your job! 
  • When I told DH what I wanted for dinner his response- "both???"     Wrong answer mister!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• kiyamurph said:
    kjd291 said:
    My midwife today... As she read my weight gain in the chart: "wow, someone had a lot of turkey" 
    That's so wrong, but it made me giggle. So sorry!
    Lol, me too. I'm sure I wouldn't think it was funny at the time if it was me, but for some reason I chuckled a bit. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My DH called me a pot belly pig yesterday .. then send me a text kisses my and put a emoticon of a pig.... lol 
  • "Your little guy is getting so big! When are you going to have another one?" Uhhh I'm 6 months pregnant, not just fat. Thanks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yup I always hear "you sure it's not more than one?" And the person who delivers the line always devolves into a giggling convulsion while I give them the sideways stone eye. Like- why would that be funny to me in any way?
  • Yup I always hear "you sure it's not more than one?" And the person who delivers the line always devolves into a giggling convulsion while I give them the sideways stone eye. Like- why would that be funny to me in any way?
    I want to claw people's eyes out when they say that. Rage!
  • "Were you this big with your last child?" From my boss yesterday  :|
  • @kjd291 how was your christmas gala?
  • @Gators&amp;BoSox  No real awkward comments. The worst I got was a tipsy girl asking me when I was due and then saying something like: it's okay she asked because it was obvious I was pregnant and not just fat. Hah. 

Not thread related---first time leaving DD to attemp bedtime with anyone other than DH or I.  came home to find my 15mo old eating snacks and watching tv with my mom at 11pm because she wouldn't go to bed. so yeah. Hah. Cranky baby today. 
  • ha! glad you weren't berated at the party. hopefully an early bed time tonight! lol
  • Whelp. Ten seconds into arriving at the inlaws Christmas all the men were asking if I'm sure it's not twins and commenting on how huge I look. 
  • "Any day now!"

NOPE. At least 8  more weeks (hopefully), and up to 10 1/2 more weeks left for me... I heard this at least 10 times at my family Christmas party. 

"Are you ready to be done yet?!"

Yes, I'm measuring full term so I would love for this to be over, but I would also prefer to not have preemies if I can help it!

There was a lot of smiling and nodding going on at family gatherings so that I wouldn't throat punch people...  :#
  • The nurse at my appt this morning, when I stepped on the scale, said, "You don't lol that heavy!" (191, gained 22 pounds so far yikes!) Then she asked if I was having twins because my stomach looked so big. For singe reason u didn't bother me, but his think of all people to know not to say these things...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The nurse at my appt this morning, when I stepped on the scale, said, "You don't lol that heavy!" (191, gained 22 pounds so far yikes!) Then she asked if I was having twins because my stomach looked so big. For singe reason u didn't bother me, but his think of all people to know not to say these things...
    Took my H to urgent care two weeks ago and when I stood up the nurse said, "WOW!! You look like you're about to pop! When are you due?" Granted she's not a L&D or OB nurse, but you really would think all nurses would know better. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • My MIL keeps asking if I've 'gained any more weight' every time we talk on the phone. It's always the same answer 'I'm pretty much supposed to be gaining a little weight every week now, so yes.' This is the woman that gained 50+ lbs with her pregnancies (FIL says it was really 75) so I'd think she'd know better than to ask! Lol
  • mclee said:
    My MIL keeps asking if I've 'gained any more weight' every time we talk on the phone. It's always the same answer 'I'm pretty much supposed to be gaining a little weight every week now, so yes.' This is the woman that gained 50+ lbs with her pregnancies (FIL says it was really 75) so I'd think she'd know better than to ask! Lol
     As horrible as it sounds, I feel like there are some people in life who feel the need to check in with everyone else to validate what happened to them. So in her case as long as you're gaining lots/as much as or more weight than her, it validates the weight that she gained back in the day. I have a few of those in my life as well.... :S annoying 
  • @julievdm12 @mclee this is TOTALLY the case with my mother in law.  She remembers exactly how much weight she gained with my husband (it was more than 60 pounds and she is tiny) and talks about it constantly.  She asks my husband allllll the time how much weight I've gained and how much the doctors want me to gain.  

No one at my doctors office has said a word to me about weight gain -- because I'm having twins and therefore have an incentive to gain more weight since they'll likely be preemies, because I don't have GD, because no one really knows how much weight pregnant women should gain anyway, and because I get frequent growth scans and they're much more concerned with how big the babies are then how big I am. It is SO weird how fixated on my weight my MIL is, but I keep reminding myself it's about her and not about me.  Still, the next time she asks "you're supposed to gain like 60 pounds, right?"  I'm going to scream.  
  • @anonellis  I swear for some people it's a competition! It's all about how skinny you can end up at the end of the pregnancy instead of how healthy your baby/babies are! Super frustrating.