June 2017 Moms
Options

Any 12 weeks and still nauseous?

I can't take this horrible feeling. I take Diclegis or Unisom and B6 but always nauseous except when sleeping. The more I eat the worse I feel. I have preggo pops too. 

Re: Any 12 weeks and still nauseous?

• Options
    I still get sick every once in a while. I'm taking unisom and b6.  I notice that I get the sick feeling of I haven't eaten something in the last hour. I literally have to put something in my system every hour and then I feel good. I also notice I get sick more if I'm up late or I im tired.  I know this doesn't help much but I'll be 13 weeks monday and still get the sick feeling at least a few times a day. Neither my first pregnancy I was sick until week 18
  • Options
    I'm 13 weeks and still vomiting every other day or so. It is definitely worse when I don't eat every couple of hours or if I forget to take my prenatal vitamin.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I still had nausea at 12 weeks. Not every day but it did come and go. I definitely can't go too long without getting something in my stomach or I feel worse. I feel much better now (13 weeks) but I hear it can continue to last awhile. Here's hoping we have beautiful 2nd trimesters!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    Thank you ladies... This is tough. Whenever I eat a little too much, I vomit. I vomit every day. I hope next week is better.
  • Options
    Yes. I was on max diclectin and tried to cut back one pill (SO EXPENSIVE), but I'm going back up to 4. Ugggghhhh. 12 weeks here.
    Me: 35 | DH: 46
    MMC: 09/13 (9 weeks)
    DD: Born 8/22/14
    Babies #2 & 3: Due dates 6/9/17
    And my other love: writing
  • Options
    I'm 13 weeks yesterday and cutting back on diclegis. I feel better than I did at 8 weeks, but still feel sick often and throw up every now and then.  
  • Options
    Yes. I'm 13 weeks and still feeling very sick too. So sorry you're going through this. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    It's good to read that I'm not the only one suffering. Just came back from dinner and lost all of my dinner. No relaxing with a full stomach. My other refill of Diclegis won't be released until the 1st because the bottle says 2 before bed, but I had to up to 4 a day. Insurance won't pay for it yet unless instructions are changed. So much red tape. So I have to resort to Unisom and B6. So frustrating. Just took bed time dose. I feel bad for DH. Poor guy. Only 8pm and we're back home already on a Saturday night.
  • Options
    I'm 12 weeks and still have bad days.  Unfortunately, with DD2 and DD3, my morning sickness didn't stop until 38 weeks (when I delivered) with DD2 and 19 weeks with DD3. FX we all get some relief soon.
  • Options
    Im only 10wks but my nAusea/vomiting didn't stop until 20-28wks with my first 3 pregnancies so I probably have a month or 2 to go of feeling crappy.  Watch out when I hit 28wks because I will be eating all.the.things. 

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    Yes! Although the diclegis is helping me not throw up I still get nauseous. Hoping we are all through this shortly! Mine started at like 9 weeks too. I thought I was in the clear :/
  • Options
    It's my first viable pregnancy. The other was blighted ovum, missed miscarriage. Had no symptoms for that one. This nausea started at 5 weeks.
  • Options
    It gets better soon. With my first I was sick until week 18. The all day sickness went away around week 14. Gatorade helps me a lot. 
  • Options
    Nausea has subsided, but now I'm getting acid reflux
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    *lurking* 
    With both of my pregnancies, I was sick the entire time. My first, I had HG and my second, I was just sick. I would miss at least one day of work a week because of it. Acid reflux made it worse. I was on zoftan, and that helped but also, chips of any kind, and diet Dr Pepper helped a ton. 
  • Options
    @nycprof and @sls will your provider be OK with you taking b6 and doxylamine instead of diclegis?? it's the exact same thing (actually slightly higher doses of each med) and waaaaaay cheaper and unlikely to result in you getting an issue with refills.  i've been living on it at almost 10w.  not sure if/when I'll stop it, it's clutch.
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• Options
    sevenn said:
    @nycprof and @sls will your provider be OK with you taking b6 and doxylamine instead of diclegis?? it's the exact same thing (actually slightly higher doses of each med) and waaaaaay cheaper and unlikely to result in you getting an issue with refills.  i've been living on it at almost 10w.  not sure if/when I'll stop it, it's clutch.
    I didn't ask them but since Rite Aid is holding my prescription hostage, I found it easier than explaining to them that they need to modify the instructions. Tomorrow I get nuchal translucency and genetic testing. Hopefully the Harmony.
  • Options
    I'm 11 weeks and miserable. Everyone is telling me it'll end soon. I bought some acupressure Bands bc I'm scared to take anything. We've wasted money on dinners and brunches out because I can't eat my food and it's not appetizing at home, either. I haven't really vomited in a few days but the nausea, headache and food aversion is just ick.
  • Options
    sevenn said:
    No idea. I didn't know you could get them separately. I'm hoping that I can make it through to the refill time. And then, maybe, it will be over by then? Ugggghhhh.
  • Options
    2 days shy of 12 weeks here and still nauseated/taking my Dicelgis... with my first pregnancy, it didn't go away until 19/20 weeks...

tried to drop one of my 4 pills yesterday and paid for it all evening... so its definitely still here.
  • Options
    Dumb me tried to cut back the Diclegis (sp?) this weekend thinking that at 13 weeks I should be able to cut at least 1 pill a day.  Nope.  Threw up twice already today. 
    Ugh, I'm getting to the point of needing to refill too, but I'm so cheap!
    TTC 1.0
    17 months TTC and 1miscarriage, 1 chemical pregnancy, rainbow baby born 2/16/15
    TTC 2.0
    16 months TTC, 2 chemical pregnancies, EDD 6/3/17
  • Options
    Sorry to say this, but I'm 15w and pretty much as sick as ever. :disappointed:

(Semi-lurker... Baby will be a late May or an early June)
  • Options
    AUGH! So I went back up to 4 diclectin and I was doing mostly ok. But then tonight, there was this guy on the train sitting next to me who smelled like rancid nachos. Like what is that, BO? Vomit? Spilling a plate of chips on himself at lunch and sitting under a dryer to let it rot??

I have showered, thrown my clothes in the laundry, eaten dinner and dessert, but I'm lying in bed and the SMELL is IN my NOSE, and I want to puke but I can't / won't because I'm sure it won't make it better.

Whyyyyyyyy? I hate the train so much. And at rush hour, either you sit next to the smelly guy or your ass stands for 45 minutes.

Apparently, I chose poorly.
  • Options
    Ugh I was doing so good for a whole week. Eating incredibly healthy, normal quantities... and then yesterday hit. I've been back to week 3-9s intense nausea but never actually throwing up. Yay.
  • Options
    I bought some Preggie Pops today and I feel sick after eating one. Nice
  • Options
    I had so many preggo pops drops and my Diclegis 4 x's per day. I also take the train and it's the worst when I can't get a seat. The moving makes it worse especially in the morning. Tomorrow is week 13. Not to mention the terrible headache two days in a row. Had to call in sick.
  • Options
    I went to the doctor today and she said I'm losing a lot of weight. She gave me some Diceglis samples and said to consider trying. Ugh I don't want to take anything waaaaahhhh but I might be entering a nutritional danger zone if this keeps going. I'm 11w5d. Not sure if I should just try to push through or try meds. Nothing OTC is helping. 
  • Options
    I went to the doctor today and she said I'm losing a lot of weight. She gave me some Diceglis samples and said to consider trying. Ugh I don't want to take anything waaaaahhhh but I might be entering a nutritional danger zone if this keeps going. I'm 11w5d. Not sure if I should just try to push through or try meds. Nothing OTC is helping. 
    It's category A which means it's completely safe. I've been on it since 5 weeks otherwise I'd be vomiting all day and wouldn't be able to go to work.
  • Options
    NYCProf said:
    It's category A which means it's completely safe. I've been on it since 5 weeks otherwise I'd be vomiting all day and wouldn't be able to go to work.
    Ok, that helps me feel better. I am the type to research everything but this constant nausea has left me without energy to even Google it
  • Options
    @Knottie42089123 I have been on its since week 9. I take 2 right before bed and it helps get me through the day but I do still get late night nausea but I try to sleep through it lol! I tried a day with at week 11 +1 and that was horrible so I am waiting until I go back to the doc 13 +1 and try that again. Otherwise I say give it a shot its nice to eat more than 2 bites of food. Or I would eat breakfast and 15-60mins later it would be back up.  
    Me: 22 DH: 27
    BFP: 9/29 
  • Options
    mamaelle27mamaelle27 member
    edited November 2016
    I started the Diclegis at 12 weeks and I only wish I'd started it sooner. If you're doctor recommends it, don't suffer! 
  • Options
    12w and still feeling miserable. I really need to catch a break on this soon or I might go crazy!
  • Options
    Has anyone tried to stop taking unisom and b6 and had other side effects? I stopped mine on Sunday and felt a fuzzy head, dull ache, lousy almost getting a cold feeling every night for the next 3 nights.  I talked to one of my nurse friends and she said it could be that I need to wean off of the unisom and b6 so I started taking it again every other night and feel good again.  I'm a little worried about weaning off and feeling ok now. 
  • Options

Trust me, stop fighting it.  I had lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks and got on Diceglis at 6 weeks.  It was worth it.  Now I'm wishing I wouldn't have fought through DD's pregnancy with the nausea so much.  Should have just taken it with hers too.
    TTC 1.0
    17 months TTC and 1miscarriage, 1 chemical pregnancy, rainbow baby born 2/16/15
    TTC 2.0
    16 months TTC, 2 chemical pregnancies, EDD 6/3/17
  • Options
    Week 13 plus one day... Still nauseous and still diclegis. Such a nuisance. And now coupled with headaches.
  • Options
    Started Diceglis last night and now I'm fighting tooth and nail not to fall asleep in public.
  • Options
    @NYCProf I am doing the unisom/B6 route and it has helped me immensely, i do still have *some* nausea occasionally, but not as bad as you it seems.  I'm 13 weeks.  If you haven't been suggested yet or tried yet here are some things that worked for me:

1) Lemonade- for some reason that sour, even just a sip, really helped me the most
    2) sea bands - they make special maternity ones, they are pink but i think the same thing lmao only a couple bucks, and they helped me too
    3) ice water or iced drinks of any kind also helped - trader joes makes a fruit popsicle with lemon, strawberry, and raspebrry real fruits, delicious, tart, cold, amazing
    4) eating tiny bits every 1.5-2hrs even if not hungry and NO BIG MEALS.

Hope you feel better mama!!!!
  • Options
    I have nausea all day everyday. I'll be 12 weeks on Sunday. I feeeeeeel like crap.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    Can I just say today was the first day I felt somewhat human in over 2 months...
  • Options
    @Knottie42089123 I would suggest you change your SN to something more unique, the Knottie with a bunch of numbers thing makes it hard to distinguish who's who. 

Im so happy to hear you're feeling a little better!