July 2017 Moms

How do you feel about pregnant women in two piece swim suits

morgaritamorgarita member
edited November 2016 in July 2017 Moms
Hpw do you feel about seeing/being the pregnant woman in a two piece swim suit? 

I personally think I'm just gonna keep wearing my two piece instead of buying something. But it's also my second and I was blessed last time not to get too big so I could still fit my original swimsuits and I'm hoping the same. Our gym has an awesome kids pool so we will be swimming all winter. 

Edit: I was just curious how people felt. I didn't need advice, I know my decision. 

Re: How do you feel about pregnant women in two piece swim suits

• If you're comfortable then go for it!
    I wore a one piece this past summer because I had just had my daughter and was self conscious but if I can't fit into it, I'll wear a 2 piece! Missouri summers are hot and I'll be at the pool any chance I get! 
  • Loading the player...
  • LoveLee85LoveLee85 member
    edited November 2016
    I have only ever worn a two piece! Sometime I have abs, other times I do NOT! If someone has a problem with it, they have issues themselves. 
  • The most comfortable I've ever been in a two piece was when I was pregnant! I don't think size has any impact on whether or not you can wear a two piece.
  • I'm not sure why people would even care about this... 
  • For me, I'm a one piece girl, but other people should wear whatever swimsuit they want to wear. 
  • spk112 said:
    I'm not sure why people would even care about this... 
    also this...
  • I don't know how you can wear a one piece... two piece is so much easier to fit into! 
    I looked awesome in my bikini! Better than when I'm not pregnant lol. I looked better in a bikini than I did in regular clothes ha ha... 
    In any case I think it's beautiful to see a bump in a two piece. Better than a beer belly ha ha. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I personally wear tankinis while pregnant, I find it more comfortable. But I do think everyone should wear what they feel is most comfortable for themselves, be it bikini, one piece or tankini, pregnant bellies are beautiful in almost anything! Enjoy your winter swimming! I'm jealous! Our neighborhood pool is an outdoor one so it only opens during summer, and I miss swimming already! I was thinking of taking a prenatal swim class at our local rec center or something. Maybe I should look into that! 
  • If you're comfortable then do it! I do masters swimming and open water swimming so wear a one piece regularly but just to hang at the pool would definitely wear a two and I imagine it would be much more comfortable. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I personally think pregnant women are absolutely beautiful no matter what they wear. Show off that belly if you're comfortable doing it! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • A slight tangent, but somewhat still relevant. I am an actress, and I majored in theatre education in school. One of my favorite things to do all year is go to the Renn Fest. Here, it is mid-June through the end of August. I have two costumes that I wear, one is a very tight steampunk corset, and the other is a Gypsy/belly dancer costume. Obviously, this year the corset will be out, so I have a vision of wearing the belly dancer costume with my giant 8 month belly sticking out. I think it will be super cute and self-empowering and fun. It's the small things...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I feel so much better in a two piece pregnant.  I am all about it. I had belly henna last time and I was all for showing it off!
  • I felt damn comfortable last summer. Lol
  • I say rock the bump, ladies!  We were stationed in HI when DD was born and there were pregnant bellies all over the beaches.  Be comfy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think it's cute and sexy as long as all the goods are covered up. Wear it with pride and embrace not having to worry about sucking it in:p
  • It's totally cute to see, and I certainly don't mind being the one seen either haha! I live in SAN Diego, you have to be comfy in your swimwear 
  • Can you imagine trying to 3rd tri use the bathroom and negotiate a 1 piece?  Two-piece all the way here.

That said, I'm a firm believer in anyone wearing whatever suit they feel comfortable in, pregnant or no.  You do you.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Whatever you feel comfortable in, do it. Personally, I have always detested one piece swim suits, and I can't see my mind changing with pregnancy and a giant bump surely on the way. I don't know how much I'm going to be swimming anyways, but I would wear a two piece without hesitation. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)