March 2017 Moms

Thanksgiving Recipes?

What is everyone making for Thanksgiving? Any cool ideas or excellent recipes to share?

Re: Thanksgiving Recipes?

• We're doing the classic turkey/mashed potatoes/yams/etc... a relative has a recipe for a cranberry relish with bacon in it that I'm super excited about though! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am taking this stuffing to my mom and dad's house - can't wait!

https://whatsgabycooking.com/wild-mushroom-stuffing/

• Loading the player...
  • I've never been a huge fan of sweet potato casserole until I tried this recipe - it's a favorite of mine. I begged the woman who made it to please share it with me and I make it every Thanksgiving since then - I am constantly complimented on it. In case you want to try...

Ingredients:
    4 cups fresh cooked sweet potatoes, mashed
    1 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1/4 cup evaporated milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 stick margarine, softened
    1 can crushed pineapple with juice
    1 cup brown sugar
    1/2 cup chopped nuts
    1/2 cup self-rising flour

Instructions:
    1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease a pan (instructions say a 9x9, but I usually use a 9x13)
    2. Boil sweet potatoes and mash
    3. Add white sugar, egg, evaporated milk, vanilla, and 1/2 stick margarine and mix well. Add crushed pineapple with the juice and blend in. Add mixture to your baking pan.
    4. In a separate bowl. mix brown sugar and flour
    5. Blend in the rest of the softened margarine (1/2 stick) with a fork - it should be crumbly. Mix in nuts.
    6. Spread over potato mixture  and bake for 20-30 minutes.
  • I always make a soup. Last year I did like a "healthy style" crab bisque and this year I'm going to attempt pumpkin bisque. If anyone has a good recipe, lmk! Also looking for some good veggie side dish ideas.
  • @Ivorytower2 my aunt makes an amazing dish with cauliflower and cheese. So good. i'm not sure of the exact recipe but I'm sure pinterest has a million
  • Yum. Googling.
  • I'm making a cranberry compote. But we are going out to DH's family and they cook everything. Told my sister in law and I to come ready to wash dishes. They also said I don't get a break because I'm pregnant either.

• I'm just in charge of homemade chex mix and ranch oyster crackers this year. I'll take it! 
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17