Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

The Dreaded Holiday Thread

Can this be a thing?

I am dreading the holidays because of a very pregnant relative. I am sure there are others feeling the same way and a support thread would be nice and safe as the holidays progress.
-----
TW: Loss
EDD: 1/14/2017 : Blighted Ovum : D&C @ 10w6d

Re: The Dreaded Holiday Thread

• I recently (9/29) delivered my son at 21 weeks. He died soon after birth. This week has been so crappy! I didn't think Thanksgiving would bother me, since he wasn't due until Feb it's not like he was supposed to be here or anything. But it's so hard realizing that all future Thanksgivings, he won't be there. And the fact that I'm not gonna be 29 weeks pregnant in family pics from the holiday is really killing me. And to top it off, a friend just asked me to baby sit her 6 month old daughter?! WTF?! Obviously I said no. But I just feel like this is gonna be a long week. I miss my son so much. I only knew our baby's gender for 2 weeks, so I feel like I only knew "him" for that long, despite being pregnant for 5 months. I'm sad for what could have been. And I'm so angry that it happened to me, after 1.5 years of trying. This just sucks so bad.
  • @tanib87 It does suck, and I am sorry you are having to go through it.  Be angry, mad, sad, and anything else you have to be until you feel a little better.  We decided to go away for Thanksgiving so we wouldn't have to deal with all of the pregnancy questions...SO we will be in Florida soaking up the sun.  I hope your healing process begins soon.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @tanib87. I'm so sorry for your loss. 
    I lost my daughter at 24 weeks on September 10 and I felt the same way on Thanksgiving. I had no idea how difficult that day would be. 
    My due date was December 31. I can't imagine how difficult Christmas and New Years will be when Thanksgiving was already so hard. I will work 12 hour shifts the 23rd, 24th, and 25th of December and I am hoping I can distract myself enough. 
    Me: 27 DH: 27
    Married 6/15/13
    BFP #1 5/8/16, EDD 12/31/16- DD born 9/10/16 at 24 weeks 
    ~In our hearts forever~
    BFP #2 10/14/17, EDD 7/1/18

• Oh no ladies, this is so awful. I'm so sorry to hear of your baby's passing @tanib87 @cnhelbert . I don't know how you find the strength everyday to carry on, but you're amazing. Hugs to you all during this season. 

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs: