July 2017 Moms

Weekly Pregnancy Chatter/Q's 11/21

2»

Re: Weekly Pregnancy Chatter/Q's 11/21

• I have a hair appt for Dec 3rd. I'll be 8 weeks then. I have a color and cut scheduled ( ombre so only putting color on the ends of hair). does anyone know if coloring the hair is safe? I feel like I've heard different things. 
  • sdang1 said:
    I have a hair appt for Dec 3rd. I'll be 8 weeks then. I have a color and cut scheduled ( ombre so only putting color on the ends of hair). does anyone know if coloring the hair is safe? I feel like I've heard different things. 
    People have different comfort levels with stuff like that. I'm still dying my hait every 8 weeks and I'm sure ombre is fine!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Loading the player...
  • @cssme13 THIS. Every single time. I tried explaining it to DH yesterday and he just didn't get it. That's why I'm SO grateful to have you ladies!! 
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• @cssme13 every goddamn time. I literally won't stop worrying until I have a baby in my arms. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Has anyone had the materniT21 testing done before?   Can it tell you fetal blood type?
    I did with my last pregnancy it did not tell me the blood type but did give comfirm rh factor (rH+)
  • @baxgirl I bought pocket diapers (Charlie bananas os and FuzziBunz elites) bc I felt they were cheaper. I got a sampler or something from www.dearestdiapers.com and received some all in ones- I LOVE them so much more. The brands I got I didn't have to size and still never leaked from size. Plus they came with better inserts. Looking at price now I'm not sure if the pockets were cheaper or I just didn't know where to buy. 
  • sdang1 said:
    I have a hair appt for Dec 3rd. I'll be 8 weeks then. I have a color and cut scheduled ( ombre so only putting color on the ends of hair). does anyone know if coloring the hair is safe? I feel like I've heard different things. 
    My hairstylist explained to me that, especially with highlights, the risk is less about the dye absorbing into your skin and more about whether you have a reaction (hormones can cause you to react to it even if you've not in the past) and the fact that in first tri, the meds you would normally be given are not first tri-safe. 

I wouldn't worry about what you're talking about. 
  • @sdang1 It's probably fine, honestly (I know doctors who colored their hair during pregnancy), but FWIW, there are pregnancy-safe hair dyes, so you can ask your colorist about that.
    TTC #1: 4/16
    BFP #1: 5/16
    MMC at 8 weeks: 6/16
    BFP #2: 10/16 
    Sweet baby boy arrived 7/7/17!