July 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly appointments 11/21

Moring ladies! Who is being seen this week, getting blood drawn, or getting an ultrasound?

*PS! So excited I can join in this thread next week!

Re: Weekly appointments 11/21

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kat0607 I feel exactly the same. 

First appointment is Wednesday morning and I am LOSING IT. I can't wait. It wasn't explicitly stated, but I am assuming I will have an U/S. DH will probably demand one if she tries to say we don't need it yet. haha
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    First appointment is on Tuesday! While I'm excited to hopefully see the little one, I am definitely glad to be able to talk to the doctor about the extreme nausea I've been having. 
  • Options
    kat0607 said:
    My first appointment is tomorrow and I'm basically sick over it. I am so nervous, and even more nervous that I won't get an ultrasound or attempt to hear the heartbeat.

****TW****

My biggest fear right now is a missed miscarriage. I just need to know if the little bean is alive in there, and my anxiety will be reduced tenfold.
    Same!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    @kat0607 did they say they won't do a US or are you just nervous that they won't?

I had my 8week appointment today. They did another US and it was great to see the growth, especially since I've been having more spotting since then (including some reddish spotting this AM). Definitely put my mind at ease! I'm measuring 4 days behind based on lmp (2days behind based on O date) but that was the case last week too so it's consistent. And she said it's not enough for them to change my EDD. We also discussed screenings and she gave me a script for some bloodwork which I'm gonna get done later today. Then I do my first trimester screening in the beginning of December and the NT scan the week before Christmas.
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    I always get so nervous before scans that my stomach acts up. And then I spend the scan clenching my butt trying not to fart. It's really enjoyable. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    kat0607kat0607 member
    edited November 2016
    @manillabar They haven't said either way, which is why I'm leaning towards no u/s. I have never been to this practice and I've tried looking up others' experiences with them online, and my understanding is that they only do an early one if they suspect a problem, or you have no idea when you conceived. But it just doesn't make sense to me why they would wait to confirm viability until like 11 weeks...I am probably overreacting. :confounded:

ETA: I guess I could have called ahead of time and asked if they would do one (my mind clearly doesn't jump to the most logical solution). But the woman who scheduled my appointment didn't even work in the office, she just did appointments, so she didn't tell me what to expect at all.
  • Options
    @kat0607 My OB practice last year was the same way, I only got an early ultrasound because I had had one period in 3 years and had literally no idea when I conceived! ******TW Loss***** When I suddenly lost all my symptoms 2.5 wks later, I called and said I was cramping (not true but don't regret it) in order to get the u/s that found my missed MC. I get care at the big no-nonsense hospital I work and and their standard is no u/s until an external Doppler would work (10 weeks) and then the 12-week NT scan because the early losses are going to happen anyway and can't be stopped. Way harsh. 

AFM, I have my 2nd u/s tomorrow at 7 wks 3 days for viability. So anxious!! Trying to distract myself but it's tough.
  • Options
    Ultrasound on Wednesday! Excited that DH will be able to go this time. However I now need to get my mom to watch the kids super early without telling her why. 
  • Options
    I saw my PCP this morning (she said to come in as soon as I got a positive test). First thing was a urine test, which they could have totally skipped with the half-dozen sticks I've peed on at home! I guess it was comforting to hear a doctor say I'm pregnant!

They also did a blood draw, but I won't have results for a few days. Scheduled my first ob appt today for December 19... it feels like an eternity!!
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• Options
    Ugh. Can't get my first appointment until mid December and by that point I will be(going by my period) 10-11 weeks possibly! Sucks. Wanted a conformation of pregnancy way before then. 
  • Options
    My first appointment is scheduled for Wednesday and I can't wait. The practice does a separate appointment for dating scans so I won't have an u/s until 12/7. However, I am having a lot of cramping so I don't know if they will move it up, just to make sure everything is ok... that would definitely put my mind at ease.

Un-baby related but I think I am getting sick. I have a low-grade fever and the same aches I get when a bug is coming on... guess I'll just see if my OB can do anything for me before I make an appointment with my PCP.
  • Options
    I have my first appointment with my ob Wednesday afternoon.  I had a dating u/s 2 weeks ago, but I've been spotting the past 24 hours so now I get another u/s before my appointment.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @oheliza44 I've been sick on and off for over a week.  Last weekend it was crazy congestion and chills.  This past weekend it's been a respiratory thing with a nasty cough.  I held off on taking anything as long as I could, but the nighttime coughing is interrupting what little sleep I am getting now (thanks pregnancy insomnia), so I broke down and got some Robitussin DM.  The nighttime formula was a lifesaver.  First night I slept straight through to my alarm since i started with pregnancy symptoms 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @awillis13 oh god, that sound awful! I haven't started coughing but a coworker was out sick all last week with a severe upper respitory mess so I feel like it is on it's way. Wishing you a quick recovery and some peaceful zzzzzzzzz this evening. :)
  • Options
    I have my nurse's appointment and my 1st ultrasound in the morning!
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Finally my week! Tomorrow is our first u/s in the afternoon at exactly 8 weeks. Sooooo nervous though
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers to everyone who has their first appointment today!! Mine is also today at 9am! :heart:
  • Options
    First appointment and ultrasound this morning! So excited and nervous.  Good luck to the other lady's with appointments today !!! 
  • Options
    I have my first U/S tomorrow, and recheck in betas!!
  • Options
    My first appointment is today! Last time I got an impromptu U/S at the first appointment because I disagreed with my EDD. But they couldn't see much (because as I expected, I was earlier than they thought) so they had me come back for a dating scan a couple weeks later. I'm kind of expecting this appointment to go the same way.