March 2017 Moms

Hospital Bed Rest

I went into labor on friday at 23 weeks.  I had been feeling some cramps off and on during the day. I assumed it was Braxton hicks.  Around 8, I felt lots of pain and pressure very low, like menstral cramps.  I figured I did a little too much that day and decided to go to bed early.  By 10, I was having horrid back pain that came and went. I went to the bathroom, wiped and saw blood. Called my Doctor and he met me st the hospital.  Unfortunately I was already dilated to 3-4, 50% effaced and my cervix is funneled. They were able to stop it with terbutaline, procardia, mag sulfate, and something else. They also gave me steroid shots for the baby's lungs.  I was admitted that morning and I've been on the antepartum unit ever since.  I've had a couple of little scares where it started again but so far they've been able to stop it.  The neonatologist came in and scared the heck out of us.  We have four more days until 24 weeks; a HUGE milestone as far as viability goes.  

I have to lay in bed - not sit but lay - and can only get up to shower for five minutes and sit to eat.  I love curling up in bed and being lazy but this is so different. It's painful to lay down so much. 

Tomorrow im having an ultrasound to measure my cervix. If it's as bad as they think it is, I was told to expect to be in the hospital on bedrest until 34 weeks.  That feels soooooo far away.  If it's not as bad, I might be able to go home In a couple weeks with a home health nurse and monitoring system so long as my insurance approves. 

For those of you that don't know me well yet, I have five children.  We were infertile; married for 19 years before we got pregnant. We've adopted four children and we are the legal guardians of the cutest little 9 month old.  Figuring out child care and thinking about the craziness of school and the holidays is making me fall apart.  Luckily we have a good support system but my kids still need their Mom. And yet if I don't focus my energy on getting this baby girl closer to term, it could me life long complications for her or worse.  

I'm kind of a hot mess right now.  

Re: Hospital Bed Rest

• @mrsmcfreckles That's so scary! I'm so sorry to hear you had to be admitted, BUT so glad they were able to do something about it to stop it. Definitely keep us updated on how the U/S goes. Send positive vibes your way!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • wow mama that's a lot on your plate! I'm so glad they were able to stop labor for you. I hope everything gets straightened out sooner than later so your mind can get a bit of rest. We'll all be thinking of you! Stay in there and cook little lady  <3
  • Loading the player...
  • @mrsfreckles35  overwhelmed is probably an understatement for how you're feeling! I can't begin to imagine. Praying for you, the little one trying to make too early of an entrance, and the rest of your clan at home! Try and do your best to trust all the rest will figure itself out and all you need to do is focus on relaxing and taking care of that babe!  Prayers for a good US today--keep us updated!
  • This sound terrifying, but it's good that you got to the hospital and figured out what's going on! Sending good thoughts and hoping things improve! Hang in there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow that is so scary! I am glad they were able to stop your labor and I hope you are able to cook that baby girl as long as possible....bed rest doesn't sound like fun but you are doing everything you can to keep her safe. Hang in there and keep us updated!
  • Sending positive thoughts your way. I am so sorry you are in so much discomfort and worry. I hope that you won't have to stay in the hospital the whole time and can at least rest at home. Keep us updated - I hope you get some good news today!
  • Hang in there! I hope you can get some rest and some good news today. Thinking of you. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• That's such a good idea with the goal calendar! I really find that it does help to break things down day by day. So glad to hear that your kids were able to cheer you up in the hospital, your daughter is so cute!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm sorry you're going through this. I can't even imagine! T&Ps your way for you, your family, and your lo!
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• I am so sorry to hear this. I'm glad they were able to stop labor and I will say a prayer for you and your family! 
  • Oh my word! You are one busy busy Mama! Praying that your babe stays in for a long time still and grows and develops well. And that if you have to be on bed rest, that you can find child care and have peace knowing your kids are doing well while you rest. 
  • Oh my! I am so glad that the doctor was quick in his decision making and had you meet him at the hospital. Will be thinking about you this week and hope the time passes quickly to viability!
  • I'm so sorry you are going through this. I can only imagine what this must be like, especially with 4 littles at home. I am happy to hear they have managed to stop the labor for now and I pray that your little girl will get to stay in there for a good long time. I know 34 weeks seems like forever away but I think your idea of having little goal charts is a good way to break it down. I am praying for you and your whole family today. I hope the u/s goes well today and you get great news. Hang in there mama!
  • Take care of yourself mama! 
    Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007
    One Furbaby - Adorable Pitt Mix
    15 Months TTC....2nd Cycle of Letrozole - Success!
    Expecting our first two little miracles - Boy/Girl Twins! - EDD March 3, 2017
    High Risk Pregnancy - Type 1 Diabetic; Hypothyroidism; Di/Di Twin Pregnancy

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• Oh, wow. I'm sorry that you're going through this. Sending you all the good vibes and happy thoughts. Keep cooking, baby!
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Holy cow that is a whole lot to handle. Sending you all the positive vibes, and lots of thoughts and prayers. Stay put, little one!
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Your daughter in that pic is the cutest. I'm glad they were able to see you and cheer you up a bit. Be strong mama. Thoughts and prayers out to you and your family and to little one. 
  • Be strong! I am praying for you and your family. I can only imagine what you are expierencing. Stay inside, little baby!
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 04/14/12
    DS: 10/15/13
    BFP #2: 7/22/16  EDD 3/25/17
  • Sending all my positive thoughts, prayers and the luck of the Irish your way for an inside baby for another few weeks! I cant imagine how you're feeling but great job for trying to stay positive! Keep up the good work mama!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Aah that is so much going on! I'm definitely sending thoughts and prayers your way, and am glad that you made it to the hospital in time to keep her tucked up inside. Hang in there! You can do this! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• Praying for you and your family. Every day counts and allows baby girl to develop more and more. 
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • Thankfully we live in a time where modern medicine can create miracles. It sounds like you have the strength and the support to get through this. One day at a time mama. I said a prayer for you and will continue to do so. We're here for you!
  • That is so terrifying and overwhelming! I am glad that they were able to stop the labor and it sounds like you are in good hands medically! Here's hoping the sonogram goes well!!
  • That's terrifying, I hope time flies and baby girl stays put! Even better if you are able to go home, I'm sure the rest of your children will help time go quickly!
  • That picture of your daughter just shows you have an amazing support system! Positive thoughts and prayers for that little babe of yours staying cozy way past viability mark. 
  • I'm so glad that they were able to stop labor! Stay strong Momma! Every day counts. Keep cooking!

Me: 33 Hubs: 34

TTC since 5/2014

BFP: 7/27/14 MC: 9/20/14

BFP: 6/29/15 MC: 7/6/15

BFP: 7/17/16 EDD: 3/22/17

• so scary and sorry you are going through this!! my friend went into labor at 24 weeks too. she delivered at 38, healthy baby boy!!!! i believe in our medicine!! <3 prayers mama!!! <3

SaveSave
  • We got really crappy news today. The MFM couldn't even see my cervix on the ultrasound.  He did an exam and I am 90% effaced and 3-4.  He said it's worst case scenario. He's adding a few more medicines. We need a miracle.  Our girl is only 1 lb 4 oz.  and today I'm 23.2 weeks pregnant.  It's just too soon.  
  • Thank you for updating so we can keep you in our prayers! I'm so so sorry that it's worst case scenario for the ultrasound--try and stay positive! ((I know, not helpful, and easier said than done)) but at least you are in great hands with doctors ready to do everything necessary for that little one should she arrive sooner than later!  Every hour is one more she can grow stronger and more ready for this world-stay strong, mama!
  • On no @mrsmcfreckles I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get good news today. I hope things work out okay for you, and that the new medicines they're adding help.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• I'm sorry that you received bad news. Just try to keep thinking positive thoughts and know that we are all pulling for you and baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm keeping you and baby and your family in my prayers. Modern medicine is an amazing thing. Sending every miracle vibe I have your way. 
  • Thinking of you and your baby girl, stay strong momma! 
  • Thinking of and praying for you @mrsmcfreckles. I'm so sorry it's the worst case scenario and really hoping for the best in spite of it all for you and your family. Please stay safe and sound inside a bit longer, sweet baby girl!
  • Praying for you SO HARD.  I pray Friday comes quickly with no further complications for you.  
    Me: 36  DH: 35.
    Married: 8/2005.
    BFP: 6/22/2016 EDD: 3/4/2017.
  • Sending all of the positive vibes your way.
  • I'm so sorry you are going through this. I'm praying for you.

• Your daughter is so precious!!! I'm thinking of you!!! If you need Netflix or Book suggestions I'll send them your way.
  • You are still in my thoughts @mrsmcfreckles