Pregnant after a Loss

Brown/pinkish discharge at 10wks

haj1213haj1213 member
edited November 2016 in Pregnant after a Loss
Yesterday afternoon when I wiped there was a little discoloration and discharge. I called my doctor and they said it was probably just from intercourse the night before. I didn't have any more the rest of the day until I used the bathroom during the night and every time I wipe since. I'm just confused I guess because the same things I read that are "normal" or "common" during pregnancy are the same things I experienced during my previous miscarriages. I'm trying to see my doctor today and waiting for the office to open, but until then I'm just making myself a mess thinking about it. has anyone else experienced this weird discharge?

Re: Brown/pinkish discharge at 10wks

• Hi. I totally understand those "common" pregnancy occurrences mimicking previous losses. FWIW, I've had pink/brown spotting all three of my pregnancies (two prior losses), and this one finally seems to be going well (I'm almost 23 weeks). This pregnancy was actually the worst in terms of bleeding. I had brown/pink spotting for six weeks during the 1st tri with a couple large bright red bleeds mixed in as well. OB thinks it was a SCH that they couldn't see on ultrasound. That being said, I had some pink spotting after sex the other day as well that only ended up on the toilet paper.

Unfortunately, there's no way to tell if the spotting is a danger sign or not without having some betas or an US if you're too early to feel movement or check for HB with a doppler at home/in office. How far along are you? Have you had an appointment yet? Most offices in my experience will move up an appointment for you or do extra monitoring for history of loss and spotting. I hope your OB can give you some answers. Hang in there!
  • haj1213haj1213 member
    edited November 2016
    Unfortunately this was not the outcome I was hoping for. just had an ultrasound, baby was measuring 8wks with no heartbeat. I'm just broken. I don't know how I'm going to tell my husband this has happened again. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @hiljordan oh no. I'm so, so sorry. Thoughts and prayers with you. Please take care of yourself. 
  • @hiljordan I am so sorry dear 
  • @hiljordan so very sorry. Please take care of yourself.
  • I am so sorry for your loss.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • I'm so sorry to hear this @hljordan79!
    This very similar scenario happened to me with my miscarriage. I'll be praying for you all. I hate to hear you're going through this again.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. 
  • Sorry for your loss and prayers for you
  • I am sorry

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017