July 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms/spam 11/14

thatcmathatcma member
edited November 2016 in July 2017 Moms

This thread is for any non-pregnancy related things that anyone wants to talk about or discuss. So what's going on this week?

ET fix title

Re: Weekly randoms/spam 11/14

• Options
    I'm so ready for Thanksgiving. I am only making 2 appetizers and 1 side dish to take to MIL's. so I am pretty pumped that I don't have to cook all day, and I get to pig out all day. 

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • Options
    @kghusker1003 I agree, so long as my appetite matches my brains! I am only making green bean casserole thankfully hah!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kghusker1003 @osucma omg, can I come to y'alls thanksgiving? We live in the same town as my DH family and they just want to go to a restaurant for Thanksgiving. Yah, no clean up, but that also means no delicious grazing while watching football!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I tried a new appetizer this weekend and it didn't turn out how I thought it would. Glad I tried before taking to Thanksgiving. Going to do another practice round this week. So glad I only have to bring pies and an appetizer if I want to!!
  • Options
    So ladies, do we have a siggy challenge? Was poking around and saw some months are doing thanksgiving fails and thought that was funny! Any thoughts? (apologies if I missed it somewhere)

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• Options
    @GG620 personally I would vote No. I like the ticklers, but when everyone has all these pics and gifs in their signature, it gets to be too much, in my opinion. If I am in the minority, by all means have the challenge!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @Rae. definitely understand that sentiment too!

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• Options

I would also be OK if we just didn't do them. Perhaps we need to start a poll for it? That way if we are doing one we can start in December.

• Options
    Frustrated with my job today.  I was looking before I found out I was pregnant but now I feel stuck.  However, they are really flexible (with time, coming late, leaving early, appts etc.) so it's hard to give that up.  I think I am going to ride out the next 9 months then not come back after maternity leave.  
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    I am okay with not doing a siggy challenge - at least not right now. Maybe after a few more weeks and we see who us hanging around and who is just a "drive-by"
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Super excited for Thanksgiving. Turns out I'm not getting back to my parents as early as I thought (DH works but my cousin is driving home from college right through my city so he's picking me up).

I may be more excited for the new Gilmore Girls episodes though...any other GG fans?
    Emily
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ya'll can do a soggy challenge if you want. I bump on mobile, so I'll never see it/won't participate - but don't need to rain on your parade!
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    So why don't we postpone the siggy discussion for January start up?
  • Options
    @baxgirl SO excited about Gilmore Girls!!! And the new Anne of Green Gables that also comes out on TG! 
  • Options
    I was supposed to take an Insanity Live instructor class next week. Now. I can't. Yay baby. But damn. 
  • Options
    @rjoys8, I cannot wait for Gilmore Girls! I have been trying to watch the original series from episode 1. I probably won't be able to get through it before the end of the month though! 
  • Options
    @baxgirl I plan to spend all day Friday eating leftovers and watching Gilmore Girls! Love that show!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    GG620GG620 member
    edited November 2016
    baxgirl said:
    Super excited for Thanksgiving. Turns out I'm not getting back to my parents as early as I thought (DH works but my cousin is driving home from college right through my city so he's picking me up).

I may be more excited for the new Gilmore Girls episodes though...any other GG fans?

I AM A MAJOR GG FAN!! I am actually having 3 hard-core friends over on 11/26 to marathon watch the premiere and am going full Gilmore with Chinese, pizza, ice cream and candy hahah

@cynth0104 I am trying as well. Currently only part way through season 5 - I am trying so hard to get done by the premiere ha

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

[/spoiler]

• Options
    Speaking of TV shows on netflix....
    Has anyone heard that "Are You Afraid of the Dark" is going to soon be streaming on netflix? I don't know exactly when but I plan on having a viewing party haha. I used to looove that show. I wonder if it will be as creepy as an adult...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Am I the only one who's a little nervous of being sick during the holidays? I have to drive for two days the week before Christmas and two days back. Being all green in front of my dysfunctional family doesn't sound all that fun either.  And most importantly, I really love holiday food, haha. Ive already started having waves of nausea and I have a feeling it'll hit hard by next week, just in time for turkey. Last pregnancy I couldn't eat anything of crackers and spaghetti-os for the first 12 weeks haha. 

Of course I'll take all the morning sickness and every uncomfortable situation with a big old grin, because I get a baby out of the deal.
    Me:27 DH:29 DD:4 / Married : May 8th 2010
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "In a household of sensible jackets and haircuts there was this, well, what can I call her - nature thing. With her elfin eyes, her purple T-shirts and her eternally bare feet." -About Time

• Options
    Speaking of TV shows on netflix....
    Has anyone heard that "Are You Afraid of the Dark" is going to soon be streaming on netflix? I don't know exactly when but I plan on having a viewing party haha. I used to looove that show. I wonder if it will be as creepy as an adult...
    How did I not know this ! I loved that show as a teen. 
  • Options
    Am I the only one who's a little nervous of being sick during the holidays? I have to drive for two days the week before Christmas and two days back. Being all green in front of my dysfunctional family doesn't sound all that fun either.  And most importantly, I really love holiday food, haha. Ive already started having waves of nausea and I have a feeling it'll hit hard by next week, just in time for turkey. Last pregnancy I couldn't eat anything of crackers and spaghetti-os for the first 12 weeks haha. 

Of course I'll take all the morning sickness and every uncomfortable situation with a big old grin, because I get a baby out of the deal.

****stuck in the box****
    I'm nervous for Christmas more than Thanksgiving.  Last time I was pregnant I was due in June so timelines are sort of similar and about 2 weeks or so before Christmas, I stopped liking meat. It grossed me out and at Christmas I had to miss out on my brother's amazing prime rib! I hope that doesn't happen this time around but like you said, it's worth it for the end result :smiley:
  • Options
    Someone on babycenter is claiming to be KU by a member of  One Direction.  Trolls are so entertaining.

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
  • Options
    @kghusker1003 ...tell me more lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    She posted saying she was 16 and that her baby daddy was "well known".  I believe she claimed it was Niall? (Is that right? I am old and don't know them!!). Then she admitted it was fake and she just wanted attention because she has a rough life. 

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
  • Options
    She posted saying she was 16 and that her baby daddy was "well known".  I believe she claimed it was Niall? (Is that right? I am old and don't know them!!). Then she admitted it was fake and she just wanted attention because she has a rough life. 
    What is wrong with people? Poor thing but sheesh!