July 2017 Moms
Options

Possible twins?

Malmada18Malmada18 member
edited November 2016 in July 2017 Moms
Went for our first ultrasound today at 6 wks 2 days.  Doctor found one healthy baby with heart rate.  She also found another sac, measuring a week smaller, with no heartbeat.  She asked me to come back next week to check.  It could be too early for the twins heartbeat or it could end up being a vanishing twin.  Anyone ever hear of this before? Any words or encouragement?

Re: Possible twins?

• Options
    Malmada18 said:
    Went for our first ultrasound today at 6 wks 2 days.  Doctor found one healthy baby with heart rate.  She also found another sac, measuring a week smaller, with no heartbeat.  She asked me to come back next week to check.  It could be too early for the twins heartbeat or it could end up being a vanishing twin.  Anyone ever hear of this before? Any words or encouragement?
    @Malmada18

I have heard of it before but I don't have any experience with it. Keep positive and fx for your next u/s next week. Hopefully there is a 2nd heartbeat!
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    edited November 2016
    My twins and a lot of twin moms I know all had babies measuring different gestational ages.  It's like your dr said, it's possible the second one isn't far enough along. Unfortunately, there isn't much to do but wait.  

I was was just diagnosed with a SCH or twins.  It sounds like a similar situation to yours, I'm not far enough along to tell.  The limbo kind of sucks.

Hopefully you get the second heartbeat!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With my second i had some major bleeding around 6 weeks, they got me in found twins but i was losing baby B, they called it vanishing twins.... Also my RE does not like to do US until 8 weeks for this reason, could be too early could be gone already... I hope its just too early for you! Good luck!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• Options
    No advice but good luck!!!

1 on earth, 2 in heaven watching over us.