June 2017 Moms
Options

has anyone in there first trimester had lower back aches

I'm almost 8 wks an at night I tend to get these lower back aches. It's not extreme but it's definitely not light either; I don't go to my first scan until next week. Just wondering have any of you ladies felt this way in the first trimester.

Answers

• Options
    I haven't, but I'd definitely make a point of mentioning it to your doctor.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yep. I've had them since 5 weeks. I try Tylenol and heat. A warm bath will help. Unfortunately it's only going to get worse. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, me! My lower back has been aching all week, so I actually emailed me doctor about it this morning. She called me and said that unless you are having bleeding or abnormal discharge, or the pain becomes sharp and segregated to one side, you should be fine. She wasn't too concerned by it, and I'm right around where you are - I'm at 9w2d. She said it's a pretty common symptom as your body makes room for baby!
  • Options
    NamelessAriaNamelessAria member
    edited November 2016
    Yeah I've had some backaches. Apparently it's a pretty normal part of pregnancy as your ligaments stretch and your uterus grows. My doctor said that cramps and backaches are fine as long as they're not so bad you feel like you need to take something for them and you're not also spotting/bleeding.

Also, babydust? Seriously? That term is incredibly offensive to loss moms who have had to cremate babies. Their babies are literally baby dust now and it's, obviously, a triggering term for them. Since we have a mom who had a previous stillbirth on this board might I suggest changing your name to pretty much anything other than babydust. ETA: I realize this came off as a bit rude and snappy. I apologize for that. Most people have no idea that "baby dust" means anything other than "good luck!" or whatever. I'm sure you had no idea.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I definitely had lower back pain at the biggining of my first pregnancy.. and this pregnancy I am experiencing it again. I'm pretty sure it is just a normal symptom. Your body is making lots of changes. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I use a heating pad to sooth and it works wonders! But it's always good to mention it to the Dr. Just to be safe. 
  • Options
    My lower/mid back has always hurt since my first son....  but I've noticed it's definitely been bothering me more since I've been pregnant. Nothing major that I need to take medicine but just a sore dull ache. I would say the pain you're feeling is normal with around ligament pain and your body starting to shift and make room for baby. However, if it's sharp and abnormal pain I'd talk to the doctor. 

Good luck!