July 2017 Moms
Options

Scream it from the roof tops!

vwsfy6vwsfy6 member
edited November 2016 in July 2017 Moms
Hey everyone!
We only found out Sunday and it's so early we are going to wait until Thanksgiving to tell our family, BUT I just want to tell EVERYONE I see!

Im so thankful I found this group and I can talk all things baby, and not have to hold it in! 

ps. I'M PREGNANT!!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Scream it from the roof tops!

• Options
    Yeah!!! Congrats!  We told our parents and bosses but otherwise we're waiting until Christmas. (I'm 6 weeks) now that I think about I don't know if we will be able to wait. 
  • Options
    I feel like the suspense is part of the process...so it's fun, but makes me a little crazy! I also am curious to hear what my sons think!!  

Congratulations! @morgarita
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    **Removed for TOU violation**

Congratulations!!!! I'm also brand new to this board after 2.5 years of IF, 3 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and an FET last week..... we got our very first REAL BFP last night at 7dp3dt. I took another FRER this morning and there is a definite (faint) second pink line!!!!

I know exactly how you feel about wanting to shout it all the time! I already told my best friend because she knows I'm a POAS-aholic and I couldn't keep it in at lunch today.

congratulations! Holy crap, we're pregnant!!
  • Options
    @iloverocksalot congrats but FYI it's actually against TOU to post pee sticks anywhere but the one pinned thread on the 1st trimester board, "what does a positive pregnancy test look like?"
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    Geez, really? What a downer! Hell, I know what a positive LOOKS like, I've been waiting 2.5 years for one! Didn't realize there were such strict rules!
  • Options
    Pregnancy certainly is exciting.  Just FYI

- There is a pinned intro thread for introductions to share your story.

- There is an announcement thread for discussing how you want to share the news.

- Lots of other existing threads for discussing all things pregnancy related.  Also, if after searching the threads you have a topic you want to discuss that has not yet been raised then it is a good idea to create a new one.
  • Options

I will add on to @caribbeanmama that there are two catch-all threads (weekly randoms and pregnancy chatter) for those random things that don't quite fit in anywhere, but don't necessarily need to be it's own thread either.

I would suggest @iloverocksalot to remove the picture of your pee stick since it is a violation.

• Options
    I can't believe people are so squeamish about pee. I actually enjoy seeing a positive test, there is something so special about it :) 
  • Options

@dcwtada I don't think it's that people are squeamish, it's more of "I don't care to look at pee sticks." That's why there is a dedicated thread for it on the first trimester board. I for one, have stalked the crap out of that board before my BFP so it doesn't actually bother me. Just a violation of rules.

• Options
    Dcwtada said:
    I can't believe people are so squeamish about pee. I actually enjoy seeing a positive test, there is something so special about it :) 
    Well there is a whole thread of them over on 1st Tri so go have at it... 
    EDD: 13/07/2017
    PAIF/PgAL
  • Options
    @Dcwtada If it wasn't on one thread, this whole website would be filled with pictures of pee sticks and that would be no bueno. I have been on other sites and the pee stick pics are all over the place. It's nothing against positive tests, but it's definitely nice to have a site that has rules like this so that we are not constantly bombarded with it. Congrats on your pregnancy!  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with @irishrose54 ... you can hardly go through a thread on glow or babycenter without a pee stick and while I don't mind looking at them it's kind of too much. I like that we have a dedicated thread where people can look if they want and not look if they don't .
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    This x 1000.  I am just bursting with excitement and want to tell EVERYONE! Haha!  We were TTC, ovulation testing and such but I didn't have a feeling that cycle.  However, I was having a party that weekend and wanted to make sure before I drank even one sip.  BFP!  I was shocked but super excited and started jumping around like an 8 year old school girl haha!  

Our parents, siblings and very, very close friends know.  And my manager (who is also TTC via IVF) because she wanted me to come in and help move 200 boxes.  I know, I'm not useless being pregnant but 200 boxes is a bit much on top of how tired I already am 24/7.  (It's also in no way, shape or form, part of my job description.  Big boss ended up hiring movers) 

We plan to spill the beans at Christmas.   :) 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    @Dcwtada too funny!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi all!!! Congrats!! I completely agree! I got my BFP today and it's so hard to keeping it in! We were SUPER surprised as it was our first month TCC. We're not telling anyone until Christmas. I look forward to talking with all of you and going through this journey together!
  • Options
    Someone didn't read the comments.