July 2017 Moms
Options

FTM check-in 11/9

Sorry I missed yesterday! Work got crazy then the election crap happened. Oh well...

How far along are you?

What are you feeling currently?

Will you be team blue, pink, or green?

Do you have any names in mind yet?

Any questions for other FTMs, or lurkers?

GTKY: When did you realize you really wanted to be a mom?

Re: FTM check-in 11/9

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kat0607 I would let them know that info, and see if they would agree to a dating scan. :)
  • Options
    @kat0607 they don't need an ultrasound to see if you are measuring behind starting about 10 to 12 weeks they measure from your pubic bone to the height of the fundus. If this is off then they will send for a dating ultrasound. 
    EDD: 13/07/2017
    PAIF/PgAL
  • Options
    @peachy13 I have also woken up with an elevated heart rate. It was weird! Could not get myself calmed down from it
  • Options
    @Pepper16 - I'm in the same boat as you. I know exactly when I ovulated from my chart. I have enough documentation to say to my doctors that my LMP is not the correct date to use (I O'd on CD18).
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options

How far along are you? 6w3d

What are you feeling currently? Emotional, consistently nauseated since yesterday, tired and blah

Will you be team blue, pink, or green? We'll be finding out! 

Do you have any names in mind yet? Our boy name is set- first name will be after H's grandpa and middle name after my dad. For a girl, we're still deciding what to do but we really like the name Hannah. However we have two new babies in our lives with the name Hannah so now it feels like too much (granted, one is a cousin's child and another is the new baby of someone from church but still it all feels too close)

Any questions for other FTMs, or lurkers? none today!

GTKY: When did you realize you really wanted to be a mom? I definitely always wanted to be a mom... it was one of those things I dreamed of when I was little about "when I grow up."  I taught Sunday school at church as soon as I grew out of it (around 13) because I loved being around kids and if there were ever any kids around, they were usually right next to me. When we got married, I wanted to try right away but H needed some time. Thankfully not too much time! We've been married a little over a year, and this last cycle I O'd on our anniversary, which adds extra special meaning to the day now :)

TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options

How far along are you? 4+5

What are you feeling currently? Still waiting to hear about my repeat beta, so apprehensive. Symptoms wise, nauseated if I don't eat for a few hours, fairly bloated, alternating constipation and diarrhea, sore boobs, and some dizziness.

Will you be team blue, pink, or green? We'll find out for sure.

Do you have any names in mind yet? Not talking about that just yet!

Any questions for other FTMs, or lurkers? Not today!

GTKY: When did you realize you really wanted to be a mom? I think it came to me fairly slowly - I wasn't 100% sure for a while, but suddenly, a few years ago, a baby started seeming like an exciting addition instead of a narrowing of my options.

TTC #1: 4/16
    BFP #1: 5/16
    MMC at 8 weeks: 6/16
    BFP #2: 10/16 
    Sweet baby boy arrived 7/7/17!
  • Options
    @osucma and @peachy13 I am also having sleep issues! I'm generally a stomach sleeper which doesn't work now that my boobs can't stand any kind of pressure on them (plus it just feels different) and getting comfy is not easy! I'm trying to learn to sleep on my left side since that's gonna be the best position to sleep in later on but I don't love it :-/
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options

How far along are you? 6 weeks, 6 days

What are you feeling currently? Bloated with belly pain that wakes me up at night.  The crazy boob growth seems to have paused for the time being.

Will you be team blue, pink, or green? Team finding out!

Do you have any names in mind yet? We have names...I'll be curiously to see if we stick with them or if we change our minds down the road.

Any questions for other FTMs, or lurkers? Anyone else with severe cramps at night?  I get hot and lay on the floor to cool down.  It sounds like it's fairly normal and my uterus is a wuss, but I'm curious about everyone else.

GTKY: When did you realize you really wanted to be a mom? I didn't really ever have the "be a mom" feeling, I had the "have a family" feeling.  I wanted to share holiday traditions, etc with more people, especially as my parents get older.

• Options

How far along are you? 5w3d

What are you feeling currently? Some cramping off and on. Breast pain. Haven't had any real nausea yet. Exhausted all the time!

Will you be team blue, pink, or green? Team green right now and have always wanted to be. We'll see if that lasts!

Do you have any names in mind yet? A few boy names I've always liked, but no girl names. Girl names are hard!

Any questions for other FTMs, or lurkers? Not at the moment

GTKY: When did you realize you really wanted to be a mom? I've never been one who really wants a baby or who HAS to be a mom. I want kids for when I'm older and they're older. But I'm very excited for baby!

• Options
    @theweevee I don't get severe cramps, but I do cramp a lot first thing in the morning and at night. From everything I have read/people I asked it's normal.
  • Options

How far along are you? 5w 1d; I have NO clue when i ovulated so this is a very tentative calculation.

What are you feeling currently? Feeling great, actually too good for comfort. I know every body and every pregnancy is different, but other than back pain and some muscle cramping I haven't had any symptoms. My mom had horrible horrible morning sickness that required hospitalization with all of her pregnancies, so mentally I was preparing myself for the worst. Our first appointment is 11/23 so we are trying to stay (cautiously) optimistic that everything is progressing as it should. 

Will you be team blue, pink, or green? We don't want to find out, so green! I am such a type-A planner so this may be the death of me.

Do you have any names in mind yet? Not yet. We aren't planning to announce names until the baby arrives.

Any questions for other FTMs, or lurkers? Do you plan to do, or non-FTM have you done, any traveling (especially international travel) during your second or third trimester? Any thoughts on this? We have a trip to Europe planned at the end of April-early May which I would like to still do if our OB approves and I am feeling up to it at that point in my pregnancy. DH's family has been planning this trip for a while, and I know he will be crushed if we can't go.  

GTKY: When did you realize you really wanted to be a mom? I came to this realization much later than most women do. I never was around small children growing up, hated babysitting, an through the early and mid portion of my 20's just saw children as something that would hold you back from the many things that are important to me (traveling, my career, etc.) However, shortly after we were married something switched in me and I began aching for a baby in a way that even took my husband by surprise. We've been married for almost two years and I am thankful for all the traveling and spontaneous trips we did while we were dating and during our marriage. We are so excited for this next adventure. 

• Options

How far along are you?  6 wks 3 days

What are you feeling currently? Pretty good today, actually!

Will you be team blue, pink, or green? Definitely finding out ASAP

Do you have any names in mind yet? Girl name, yes, boy not a clue

Any questions for other FTMs, or lurkers? Not at the moment

GTKY: When did you realize you really wanted to be a mom? I'm hoping sometime in the next 8 months!

Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    osucma said:
    @theweevee I don't get severe cramps, but I do cramp a lot first thing in the morning and at night. From everything I have read/people I asked it's normal.
    Thanks @osucma!
  • Options
    Paris sounds lovely! I'll let you know what my dr. says. Thanks for the response. 
  • Options
    @oheliza44 we are going to a destination wedding in SC when I'll be about 30 weeks pregnant! I haven't cleared it with my doctor yet, so that's still up in the air (hah), but from what I've read, it's safe to travel up until 36 weeks (obviously, unless your doctor tells you otherwise). I feel comfortable now though saying that I'll be flying to this wedding without any issues. Some other advice I read was to check the airline's policy about traveling while pregnant. We're flying JetBlue, my personal favorite, and their policy was that you can fly up until a week before you're due, yikes!
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Options
    Thanks for the response! Hopefully I get the green light from my doctor.