July 2017 Moms
Options

Stupid Q Sunday 11/6

What do we have this weekend ladies?

Re: Stupid Q Sunday 11/6

• Options
    I've got one this weekend:
    If you were to be pregnant with twins, that doesn't mean your symptoms would be worse...correct?
  • Options
    @osucma others can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think your symptoms necessarily *have* to be worse if you have twins. 
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @osucma I think it's a solid probably, because your hcg levels would be even higher for two but someone can correct me. I'm sure I'm wrong.
  • Options
    JAM85JAM85 member
    edited November 2016
    @osucma
    Yes technically there is more HCG so you would possibly have worse symptoms however each pregnancy is different and this is your first so you would have nothing to compare to. So say you were pregnant with twins you would have no idea if this was worse than a singleton because you have no comparison and people have also reported no difference in symptoms. It really depends on your body. 

I had ovulation pain on both sides this cycle which never happens I usually have very distinct one sided pain and I have been unable to stop thinking about twins so I have been googling too much about it
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hmmm, well I have heard the twins usually means more symptoms but that could be totally antecdotal considering symptoms vary from one woman and one pregnancy to the next pretty dramatically.  
  • Options
    @CAdreamin13 the best course is to talk to your doctor if you're concerned. It's fairly unlikely but still, one of the great things about pregnancy is being able to call a nurse line and ask about anything. My nurses were shocked I didn't call in weekly or monthly questions, so never be afraid to reach out. They'll be the best at knowing if you're having any sort offs situation that needs addressed
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 do you have an answer to op?
  • Options
    Thanks for those who gave input. I am entirely too lazy to tag. >.<
  • Options
    @osucma my very close girlfriend had twins a year ago and her symptoms were way worse than her single pregnancy. 
  • Options
    My friend had twins and then a singleton.  With her twins she had terrible morning sickness non stop from 6-12 weeks and felt great the rest of the time.  With her singleton she was sick pretty much from the moment she conceived until she delivered.  She said the severity was probably a little worse with the twins but not much and it didn't last as long.
  • Options
    @CAdreamin13 - what is SPD?
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    tsarina-2tsarina-2 member
    edited November 2016
    @WorkinWeezel SPD = symphysis pubis dysfunction, when the ligaments that usually stabilize your pelvic joint relax, making the pelvic joint unstable and causing pain or discomfort. These ligaments are supposed to relax before you give birth, but sometimes they relax too early during pregnancy and cause pain.

@CAdreamin13 I believe SPD is usually diagnosed if it becomes chronic or really unbearable. Like @theglitteredpterodactyl said, I'm sure your doc can tell you more. In my first pregnancy, I had severe, shooting pain in my pubic area a couple times (1st tri). Not like cramps, this was sharp, up-and-down pain right by my pubic bone. It improved when I rested. Now I think it was normal pregnancy pelvic girdle pain that happened to be severe a couple times. But it can be scary - if you have pain, call and let your MD or midwife reassure you! 

edited for words
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Eek!  That wounds awful.  I do have pains but it's more like cramping and pulling- not unusual.  But it's amazing how much you forget when you think you're done having kids and a 3rd one surprises you!!!  
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    When do you usually have your 1st ultrasound? I called my doctor's office today and I have an appointment with the OB's nurse on 11/22 to go over what to expect with the pregnancy and I am seeing my doctor for a prenatal appointment on 12/2. The receptionist said there more than likely would not be an ultrasound.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    When do you usually have your 1st ultrasound? I called my doctor's office today and I have an appointment with the OB's nurse on 11/22 to go over what to expect with the pregnancy and I am seeing my doctor for a prenatal appointment on 12/2. The receptionist said there more than likely would not be an ultrasound.
    Many doctors only do one ultrasound at 20 weeks. But there is a wide range of normal in that area. It just depends on your doctor.
  • Options
    @AdaByron

Thanks! I was hoping I'd get one sooner lol. Now I have to come up with a different "cute" way of telling our parents haha
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    AdaByron said:
    Many doctors only do one ultrasound at 20 weeks. But there is a wide range of normal in that area. It just depends on your doctor.
    If this was my doctor, I would be finding a new one!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    @SaphireSweetie88 my doctor is doing one on the 15th, but only because I bfp on cycle day 60 and I didn't have a cycle between now and my loss. So it's to see how far I actually am.
  • Options
    @saphiresweetie88 my midwives/ob practice is doing my first US at my first visit. I will be 8w5d
  • Options
    My first us is just after 8 weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    Sometimes your symptoms can be worse with twins. But that's not always a given, as HCG in each pregnancy effects people differently. Just hold out for that first scan and see what happens :)

also this is a PSA on the flipside: just because you don't have any symptoms or don't "feel" pregnant doesn't mean something is wrong or you're not!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    Oh! Also @saphiresweetie88 depending on where you live you can always pay for a private scan if you would like to. :)
  • Options
    I have one.. how would I know the difference between SPD and just regular (or concerning??) pelvic floor ache? 
    I had SPD with my twins and it was awful.  It started late first tri.  At first there was just some soreness getting up off the floor or making big movements.  Gradually it got worse and worse and by the end I couldn't spread my thighs at all.  DH had to help me into bed. I would lean on the edge of the mattress and he would pick up my feet and swivel me.  And if I rolled over in my sleep I woke crying from the pain of moving my legs. 

Age 35, H 34

Married 5/09

Pregnancy #1, IUI, MMC, D&C Feb 2012

Pregnancy #2,IUI, MMC, D&C July 2012

Pregnancy #3 IUI, BFP 10/25/12 - Two heartbeats on the U/S!

Twin Girls! C (6/24/13) and E (6/24/13-5/20/15)

Surprise BFP! 10/23/16, EDD 7/2/17

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies, I am thinking I am going to message the doctor's office and ask them when they plan on doing it in case the receptionist was misinformed. I appreciate all the responses.
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker