September 2016 Moms

Next baby?

Hey Ladies! Things are looking a little slow around here so I have been looking at other boards to see what they're chatting about. This was posted on the October board and I thought it was interesting. Hopefully those ladies won't mind me borrowing their questions. 

1. How many kids do you have now?
2. Do you want any more? How many?
3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing?
4. Would you change anything you did for a future pregnancy?

Re: Next baby?

• lilaroslilaros member
    edited November 2016
    Just this new little one.

I want 3, my husband wants 2. I think I can wear him down though ;)

3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing?
    I think we'll wait 2 years before trying for baby number 2. If we do decide to try for three we might have to close the spacing gap. I turned 32 a couple months before B was born. With me approaching "advance maternal age" and the knowledge fertility doesn't last forever, we'll have to take those things into consideration with when to try again. 

Our childbirth class was pointless and a waste
    of time and money so I won't do that again. I will also decline a membrane sweep next time. It sent me into labor right after having it done (A few days before my due date) and I had planned to have our area rugs cleaned on the day the baby came. Obviously that didn't get done and almost 2 months later we still have dirty rugs!
  • drabong88drabong88 member
    edited November 2016

Just one

I want possibly 3 my husband only wants 2 as well. If we have a girl for number 2 I would be more easily convinced to stop at 2.

I think we are going to wait until Dylan is 2 or around there to start trying. I will be 30 then and I always said I wanted to be done having kids by then.

I also think our childbirth class was a waste so i would not do that again. Also I would try and take more pregnancy pictures I really didn't take a ton this time 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...

• 1. How many kids do you have now?

Just our little boy.

Yes we both want one more. I come for four kids and he comes from five kids so neither one of us want a big family.

I would love for our kids to be 2-3 years apart in age. Plan is after I turn 35 to try for #2.

Yes, workout more and eat better. Also take it easy more often. I pushed my limits a bit with this pregnancy.
  • 1. I only have one child!
    2. Before we had Molly, yes I said I would like 2 ideally. Right now, I don't know if it will happen or not. We will see. 
    3. If we had another, ideally 2-3 years would be sufficient I think. But we are getting older so who knows what's in store for us?
    4. Not likely - I had a very easy pregnancy. I would hope to have the same experience if I were so lucky!

• 1. How many kids do you have now? 2 of my own and 2 step
    2. Do you want any more? How many? I think we are done.  I had to work hard to get my husband to have a 2nd.  His kids are 17 and 12, don't live with us and we only see them one day a week.  I really wanted my 3 year old to have a sibling in the house to grow up with.  I'm happy now! 
    3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing? 3 years is what I wanted because they are close enough to play together but far enough apart to be individuals 
    4. Would you change anything you did for a future pregnancy? Not this time...but I agree the classes were a waste of time figured that out after my first so didn't do them again.

• 1. How many kids do you have now? I have 2 girls. An 8 year old and a 6 week old.
    2. Do you want any more? How many? I'm not sure if I want more but my SO definitely does . 
    3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing? If we have another it will be soon. I'm 34 and I don't want to be having kids much later than that. I need to decide soon! I enjoy being pregnant but giving birth and the newborn stage, I don't know if I want to go through that again. 
    4. Would you change anything you did for a future pregnancy? I would probably take more pictures and document the process more but other than that I can't think of anything. 
    Just one :)

Yes, we plan on having another biological baby if we can. We still have a few frozen embryos left.
    And after that we plan on adopting a sibling group from Haiti, we have to be married for five years to start the process on the adoption (we have been married for two years now) and then it takes an average of two years before being matched with children and another year to finalize the adoption.

Well considering the adoption timeline above we have sometime before that, but the age of children up for adoption from Haiti is over five years old and in some case sibling groups may have a younger child.

We want to have another baby before we start the adoption process, so maybe when this over is two years old we will try a frozen embryo transfer again? Maybe sooner? We're not sure.

Not really, it went pretty smoothly. Maybe take more bump pictures?
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• 1. How many kids do you have now? Just one.

2. Do you want any more? How many? NOOOOOOO.

3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing? If, god forbid, we change our minds, I'd do 3 or more years apart. That way Sylvia is slightly more independent. Also I'm 3 years apart from my brother, so it's what I'm used to. Husband would prefer less time between kids, because he's only 18 months older than his sister, but we're both agreed on just having the one baby. Still, we're waiting at least a year for permanent birth control just in case.

As for why just the one, pregnancy was very unpleasant for me and the first few weeks after the birth were brutal. Husband didn't like seeing me in pain and mental distress and agreed one child is probably for the best. I told him if he wants another kid either he'll have to get pregnant or we'll need to look into adoption. I'm so against getting pregnant again that I'm considering donating my eggs and then immediately having my tubes tied.

4. Would you change anything you did for a future pregnancy? Sure, I'd not get pregnant. In all seriousness, I'd try to control my diet better. I know it won't prevent GD, and I'm more likely to have it with future pregnancies, but the better I eat the less I have to change later.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @jln27 Before getting pregnant were you considering more kids?
    One
    We'd like one or two more.
    I think about 2.5 years would be good.  The doctors don't want me getting pregnant for 18 months which is fine by me. 
    I would ask for an ultrasound at my 32 week appointment.  It would have been nice to have had more time to mentally prepare for the possibility of a c-section.  I found out at my 36 week appointment that he was breech.  We went in a little over a week later for a version, but they decided it was too dangerous, and with my hypertension, they had to do a c-section that day.

I used to think I wanted 3, but now I'm thinking 2. Newborn stage has been hard...although getting better. 

Two years would be good. I will be 34 in a month and a half and that's why I changed my number of kids from 3 to 2. I don't want to rush and have another child before I'm mentally prepared and ready, but I also don't want to have kids too late in my thirties.

I didn't have a good labor experience. I had to be induced at 41weeks. I ended up having back labor which is incredibly painful. My epidural wore off at the end and they could not give me anymore drugs. Also, my placenta would not come out so they had to go in an peel it off my uterus which hurt like a SOB. I hated being hooked up and tied to a bed for 24hrs. I would have loved to labored at home for a little bit. I understood a lot of these things are out of my control, but looking back I would have hired a doula who might have helped me manage the pain and trauma better. 

• @molosmiles Yes and no. I spent the majority of my life saying I would never have kids. Not because I dislike them (although I kinda still do) but because I never thought I'd meet someone I could trust enough to have/raise kids with. Then I met my husband, who has always wanted a family, and he made me want a family, too. We both have siblings, so in the beginning we talked a lot about having 2 kids relatively close in age so that they'd always have a playmate, and we both know what having a sibling is like. Neither of us wanted more than 2.

But pregnancy was rough and I hated it. When Sylvia was born, I had low milk supply AND a heaping helping of postpartum depression and anxiety, which made things terrible for everybody.

I've always considered adoption, but my husband isn't keen on it. He also isn't keen on watching me go through another pregnancy, though. So I doubt anymore kids are in our future. We're avoiding sterilization for a year in case somebody changes their mind, but honestly I'm perfectly happy with just one.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Three kids

No more!  We were done at 2 and then got our surprise IUD baby.  My husband had a vasectomy while I was pregnant, so unless things reconnect in there, there will be no more babies.

My oldest is 4.5 years older than my middle child.  My middle child is 3.5 years older than the baby.  Leaving almost 8 years between my oldest and youngest.  I really liked the 4.5 year spacing.  There was no jealousy or bad behavior when the new baby arrived.

Being advanced maternal age, I was super into being healthy this last pregnancy.  I ate salads every damn day and worked out up until the end.  I felt WAY better this pregnancy than my last one, and I'm sure that was part of it. Plus I didn't figure out I was pregnant until late Jan and I had already indulged in all the holiday/new years stuff and felt super guilty about that when I found out I was pregnant.  I guess I tried to "make up" for that the rest of the pregnancy.
  • 1. How many kids do you have now? 1
    2. Do you want any more? How many? I used to think 3, but now am leaning pretty hard toward 2 max. I had a great pregnancy and not bad delivery, but the newborn phase has been really bad. Of course my H has always said he wanted 2 and now says 3. 
    3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing? I think anywhere between 20 months and 3 years.
    4. Would you change anything you did for a future pregnancy? Not really. I actually really enjoyed being pregnant and kind of miss it. I did indulge a little too much in the 1st tri, which resulted in a lot of weight gain. Next time I'll try tone that down lol
  • 1. How many kids do you have now? 1!
    2. Do you want any more? How many? 4.  :)
    3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing? I'd like to be pregnant right now if I could and our new one is only 2 months. My brothers and I are very spaced apart (5 years, 10 years) and I always wished I had someone closer. 
    4. Would you change anything you did for a future pregnancy? No Bradley Method class...total waste of time and money. If you read the book, you could teach the class. My husband would say we're getting the epidural next time...but that's something we'll discuss later.  ;) 
  •  

1. How many kids do you have now? 1 and I'm 7 months pregnant
    2. Do you want any more? How many? after this pregnancy, perhaps 2 more
    3. What amount of time is your ideal spacing (because goodness knows we can't choose) and why? Or if you are done having kids, why did you "choose" that spacing? haha my partner and I decided that when we started having children, we were gunna go til we were done.  being 7 months pregnant with a 14 month old is hard. I think we will wait til this little is 1 before ttc again.  
    4. Would you change anything you did for a future pregnancy? give my body more time to bounce back after pregnancy/breast feeding!