July 2017 Moms
Options

Exercise/Fitness Check-in 11/4

JAM85JAM85 member
edited November 2016 in July 2017 Moms
Feel free to check-in using the template below or just let us know how you're doing. 

1: How far along are you?  

2: How was your last week?

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? 

5: Rants/Raves/Questions?

6: GTKY: What is your favorite part of Fall?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Exercise/Fitness Check-in 11/4

• Options
    star_beaglestar_beagle member
    edited November 2016
    1: How far along are you?  4w3d

2: How was your last week? Meh...I forged ahead. It was a really tough barre class Wednesday night. I was already pretty tired, so I felt like I was slogging through mud and everything felt harder. I also tried to watch my heart rate so it didn't get too high.
    ETA: My diet hasn't been horrible. There was that one night I had onion rings, but overall I try to eat healthy stuff. It helps that all the candy still in the house from Halloween currently disgusts me. As does peanut butter.

3: What are your goals for the week ahead? I'm scheduled for barre class twice (Saturday and next Wednesday). I'm planning to go to both at the moment. Plus all the walking I do for my commute.
    ETA: Continue eating healthy and make sure I have more small snacks available.

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? I'm going to get a pedicure this morning and then go pick up some books with a gift card. :)

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? I believe I have hit the stage where I wake up nauseated. It's not fun.

6: GTKY: What is your favorite part of Fall? All of it...but mostly, the leaves changing out in the mountains. It's so pretty.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options
    JAM85JAM85 member
    edited November 2016

1: How far along are you?  5w3d

2: How was your last week? Good I got my 5 days of workouts in as of this morning and I've been averaging 15K steps a day and feeling pretty good about it except my cardio endurance has gone in the toilet especially noticeable in swim practice 

3: What are your goals for the week ahead? Keep on keeping on 

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? Well I'm really just trying to be gentle with myself as I have already gained 3# despite eating healthy and probably even less and exercising the same: I have a history of an eating disorder so weight can really mess with my head even though logically I know it's likely water weight. I now wake up with a slight bump I can't "suck in" which seems crazy early even for the 2nd go round and the bloat has been nuts and sent me shopping for maternity already to be comfortable 

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? Happy to be able to keep my lifting up as it has been an odd transition since my crossfit affiliate left the space attached to my gym leaving us all in the lurch 

6: GTKY: What is your favorite part of Fall? I love being able to wear my boots and vests again and drink hot drinks all the time!!! I love cozying up to a nice warm cup of decaf whatever or herbal tea!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1: How far along are you?  5w2d

2: How was your last week? Meh. My diet hasn't been great because all I am craving are carbs, and I have ZERO energy to work out.

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  Eat a much better diet. Try to go work out twice.

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? I already treated myself enough....

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? Nah.

6: GTKY: What is your favorite part of Fall? EVERYTHING! It's my favorite season. The color changes. Temperature. The smells. Halloween. Sweaters.
  • Options
    Feel free to check-in using the template below or just let us know how you're doing. 

1: How far along are you?  5 weeks 6 days or 5 weeks 5 days. depending on LMP and ovulation day. 

2: How was your last week? not very good. I had a lot of app and stuff so we ate out a lot.  

3: What are your goals for the week ahead?  I need to cut down on the iced Capps. getting smalls instead of mediums. and start cooking more. I also need to get out for more walks. 

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? we're getting family photos done so I'm going to get my nails done. 

5: Rants/Raves/Questions? anyone have any good chicken recipes? 

Big sweaters, fancy boots and dark lipstick. 
  • Options
    No clue :)  maybe late 5 weeks early 6 weeks

Great!  Feeling awesome, just bloated. Still eating healthy and tracking with MFP.  I didn't work out on Monday, but ran 3 miles and did Zumba on Tuesday, Zumba on Wednesday, ran 3 miles yesterday, and have Zumba tonight.  I'm in charge of a 5k tomorrow so I'll be running around like a maniac for that!

Maintain weight, maintain exercise levels, maintain calorie intake

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? 
    Going out to breakfast on Sunday :)

Just can't wait to figure out how far along I am :)

Scarves, dresses, and boots!

Have a great week, everyone!!!
    Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    4 w 1d

Pretty good considering I am all full of progesterone 
    I went to my trainer yesterday who was the first person other than my DH I told about my pregnancy. He has a lot of knowledge of training pregnant women so I am in good hands i think! My thighs hurt so much tho!!

I am going to try to get some walks in while I still can, see my trainer as usual and try to do some squats/lunges/shoulder and back work in between. 

I am going to give into this milk craving with all my might!! 

Nothing just excited to have a "fit" pregnancy 

The smell. Like so much the smell of smoke and leaves and general fallness. so good. 
    EDD: 13/07/2017
    PAIF/PgAL
  • Options
    petitmonspetitmons member
    edited November 2016
    1: How far along are you?  Est 5w3d

2: How was your last week? Good

3: What are your goals for the week ahead? Every day workout plus 10 minutes (min) yoga. No weight gain

4: How are you going to treat yourself this week/celebrate your body and its accomplishments? Workout, eat more protein, doggy park

6: GTKY: What is your favorite part of Fall? The smell of crisp air
  • Options
    5w 1d

It was good! I lifted 4 days in a row.

Shooting for 5 days in the gym, and 2 rest days.

I'm going to have a freakin' Coke...

Question about supplements - I'm ingesting protein drinks after a hard session, but my question was with creatine, if it can/should be continued. (I'm only asking because I don't go to the doc for a few weeks.)

The cooler weather! And the FOOD during Thanksgiving!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    I was wondering about creatine too. You consume it if you eat meat/meat products anyways, but only about half of what you need. Reading this def made me think I should take it at least in the last 2 trimesters.  https://bmcpregnancychildbirth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2393-14-150 
  • Options
    JAM85JAM85 member
    edited November 2016
    @petitmons I would definitely discuss this with you doctor. That study does not specific the type of diet mom's of preterm babies with those levels of creatine were on and that would likely prove to be a big correlation. I would see how maybe if you had had a preterm labor and delivery that it might be beneficial, although as stated inconclusive, as long as you eat a well balanced diet and sufficient (higher than RDA) protein and a lot comes form animal meats then I don't see why you would need to supplement with creatine. That said from what I have read it is generally innocuous but your OB may or may not really know much about the use of it in pregnancy.  

@DarkSerendipity I would call your OB you are scheduled with and ask them that no need to go in. Likely they will tell you to stop. Again creatine is used for lean mass building purposes and that is not the focus of your body right now. Most of us will lose lean mass because if we were lifting heavy before we will be unable to continue that during pregnancy to that level and or body is diverting resources to growing the baby not our muscles. At least for me this is very true. 
    BabyFruit Ticker