July 2017 Moms

WTF Wednesday 11/2

Let's hear it ladies! Who/what is your WTF today?

Re: WTF Wednesday 11/2

• Non-pregnancy related, but this morning I had a serious WTF moment when I saw the new Gilmore Girls promotional ads for their 4 part netflix revival (see here). I didn't watch the Gilmore Girls growing up, but enjoyed watching the show on netflix a few years ago and am looking forward to the revival mini-series. But these posters?! WTF HAPPENED?! Just too too awkward, airbrushed, and strange.

Me: 28 I MH: 27
    Married August 2016
    TTC #1 September 2016
    BFP 10/31/16
    EDD 7/16/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @pepper16 I agree, and I think Lauren Graham is really pretty but she looks sort of strange in the trailer. I think they're trying too hard to keep her as the cool, carefree mom.

PS - I did the same thing as you! Had 0 interest in watching this when it was on, but got into on Netflix recently and am excited about 11/25.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• Loading the player...
  • @pepper16 and @peachy13 I totally agree. I was happy to see the trailer but it was just weird. Super stoked though!

My WTF is my husband who got in an argument with me yesterday when we started talking about doulas. I found out he apparently hasn't read ANYTHING about pregnancy/birth and thinks that I should be seeing a doctor and not a midwife. He finally came around after I explained a bunch of stuff but good lord man! Read up on what is going on! I told him he needs to watch The Business of Being Born.

• DH and I have had a really good splitting of the holidays routine with our families. Thanksgiving leans heavily toward my family, and Christmas leans heavily towards his family. It works though. Typically on Thanksgiving, we're at my mom's all day (and DH's family is elsewhere with their SOs), and on Christmas Eve we're with DH's family, and on Christmas Day we're with both. It works, it's good, everyone is happy.. this is how we've done it for the last few years.

So it's business as usual for this Thanksgiving until DH's step mother sends me and DH a text this morning telling us "we're hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year, hope you can stop by." Um, WTF? This is a brand new curveball thrown into the mix for no particular reason. They never host, and to be honest it's a little inconvenient going to their house because they live an hour away, which I know isn't so bad but it's still a 2 hour round trip, and this is kind of mean but the cooking isn't very good and the atmosphere is stressful. They get aggravated when everyone isn't sitting at the table at their exact start time and then my FIL has a bad habit of clearing the table while people are still eating lol and they also have cats which I'm allergic to, so I'm sneezing the whole time we're there. DH's step mother's two kids smoke cigarettes so they're constantly in and out of the house, reeking of butts, and all they watch is the news, so there are tragic stories playing in the background while we eat... the vibe is not chill.

Of course I'm biased but my mom's house is so relaxing. They live close to us, like 10 minutes away, and we can bring our dog, we can relax, and the whole day is just about family, eating, drinking, and watching football. There is no start or end time so we literally are over there from like noon to midnight on Thanksgiving. The extended family and some friends show up for dessert and drinks, and it's honestly a great day. My favorite holiday actually, and DH genuinely loves being over there as well.

So what do we say... "no, sorry we have to go to my mom's for 12 hours?" lol, no of course not. We responded back and said we'd go over in the morning but that we are eating dinner at my mom's. So we'll stop by but not eat, and because of the drive there, we can probably only stay for 2 hours or so. I guess it's better than nothing but I'm still kind of annoyed to have an obstacle in my usually chill day. Trying to stay positive though because this means now that we can tell both families about the baby on Thanksgiving. Originally we were going to wait to tell DH's family until we saw them (likely a week later or so), but now everyone will know together so that's good.
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• The Cleveland Indians game last night - WTF?!?!  The Cavs broke the curse, the Indians better not bring the curse right back...
  • @peachy13 I can't stand major changes in Holidays. It just drives me crazy. Kudos to you for being nice because I would have said we can't make it :P LOL
  • @peachy13 omg my head would spin if I were in your shoes!