July 2017 Moms

FTM check in 11/1

Welcome all first time moms! (FTM) This will be our weekly check in thread. If anyone has suggestions for better questions please let me know! I borrowed these form other boards >.<

How far along are you?

What are you feeling currently?

Will you be team blue, pink, or green?

Do you have any names in mind yet?

Any questions for other FTMs, or lurkers?

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday, and why?

Re: FTM check in 11/1

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?  4w6d based on LMP

What are you feeling currently? Excited, nervous, scared.

Will you be team blue, pink, or green? Team finding out eventually. Kudos to you team green ladies, I could NOT do it.

Do you have any names in mind yet? Yes. We have both picked out.

Any questions for other FTMs, or lurkers? Not today.

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday, and why? I don't really have one anymore. It used to be Thanksgiving because of my grandma. She made amazing food, and just loved having everyone around. Since she passed  away, though, I just haven't enjoyed holidays anymore. I imagine having a child will change that.

• How far along are you? 5 weeks, 2 days

What are you feeling currently? good! my boobs are sooo sore though. I get some random cramping here and there and it's sort of uncomfortable sleeping... I think my paranoia is preventing me from sleeping comfortably on my stomach.

Will you be team blue, pink, or green? either way we'll be happy! But we are finding out the gender.

Do you have any names in mind yet? yes :)

Any questions for other FTMs, or lurkers? 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday, and why? Thanksgiving! This Thanksgiving will be extra special too because I plan on telling my family then.

Me: 33 DH: 34
    Married: Oct 2015
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• pepper16-2pepper16-2 member
    edited November 2016

Hello, everyone! Just intro'd on the other thread - excited to join you all!! 

How far along are you? 4 weeks 2 days according to LMP

What are you feeling currently? In addition to what I wrote in my intro (mild bloating/cramping and fatigue), this morning I started getting STABBING pangs in my left boob. I also have two huge pimples developing :/

Will you be team blue, pink, or green? Pretty sure we'll be team finding out (I know I won't be able to wait!!!), but haven't officially discussed it since getting the BFP! 

Do you have any names in mind yet? We've been pretty settled on our girl name since we decided to start trying, but still working on the boy name (I made a spreadsheet yesterday with all the boy names we've discussed/others I like, their country of origin, popularity this year, and meaning along with 10 points for us each to distribute so we could do a decision analysis... yes, I'm an MBA, it's embarrassing.)

Any questions for other FTMs, or lurkers? I need to call my obgyn this morning to tell her the news! What can I expect to happen next? Anything to ask for specifically or be wary of from your experiences? 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday, and why? Thanksgiving! I love that it's about family, food, and just being grateful. 

Edited to add gif :) 

Me: 28 I MH: 27
    Married August 2016
    TTC #1 September 2016
    BFP 10/31/16
    EDD 7/16/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @pepper16 I am newer to all of this but be prepared for nothing. I was expecting to do blood work tests to confirm but they said no. They just scheduled me between 8-10 weeks and left it at that. Hence why I keep POAS to ease my mind over the next few weeks...
  • Great question @pepper16 !! It's been a week since my BFP and I haven't made my appointment yet...terrible I know. I'm calling the office today. Ugh. I wish I knew what to expect going in. 
  • @osucma So we have to wait another 4 weeks?! Might need to buy more wondfos... oy. 
    @kat0607 Me too!! And don't feel bad, doesn't sound like there's much they will do/say now anyway :/
    Married August 2016
    TTC #1 September 2016
    BFP 10/31/16
    EDD 7/16/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Cait32 super helpful - thank you! 
    Married August 2016
    TTC #1 September 2016
    BFP 10/31/16
    EDD 7/16/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Cait32 I'm interested in the possibility of a birthing center birth too! Im thinking of scheduling a tour while I'm waiting for my appointment at the obgyn.  
  • I would love to do a birthing center, but the closest one is 45 minutes away :(
  • @Pepper16 the acne struggle is real. I'm trying not to complain about pregnancy symptoms (out of respect to those who are TTGP, and because I always said to myself, if I'm lucky enough to be pregnant someday I won't ever complain about anything), but I am breaking out like a 14-year-old over here. Pimples in the weirdest spots too, like my lip, cheek, etc. 
    Me: 33 DH: 34
    TTC #1: Sept 2016
    BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
    BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
    TTC #2: July 2018
    BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

• @peachy13 I know - I feel the exact same way. I've had pretty bad adult female acne (big cycstic ones on my chin) for the past 8 years so I took an antibiotic daily to prevent them. The doctor hated me being on them for so long so we'd try to wean me off every year or so, but the acne would come back with such a vengeance that even though we could reduce my dosage, I had to stay on the antibiotics. Fast forward to TTGP and I decided to go cold turkey because they aren't something you want in your system in the first few weeks if you can help it. And it's been OK. Not great, but ok. Two days ago I started to feel those nasty ones coming back and I am NOT HAPPY about it. Obviously it's not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things (and I'd never complain about it anywhere but on here!), but I'm still desperately hoping that my hormones rebalance and I'm one of those pregnant women (just typing that made me giddy!!!) with effortlessly clear skin. Likely, right?? Ugh. If you find anything that helps, please let me know and I'll do the same :) 
    Married August 2016
    TTC #1 September 2016
    BFP 10/31/16
    EDD 7/16/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @leilac that's so good to know, I had no idea about salicylic acid! Looks like benzol peroxyide is ok though, right? I have a rx topical called "Ziana" which is pretty harsh (I can't use it too much or my skin dries out big time) that helps a bit and looks ok based on google searching, but definitely need to ask my doc about that. Hadn't even thought about topical that might not be ok during pregnancy! 
    Married August 2016
    TTC #1 September 2016
    BFP 10/31/16
    EDD 7/16/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Pepper16 Ugh, it's a whole thing. I am admittedly extra-cautious about it, but check your makeup and stuff too - ideally, you want things that are paraban and phthalate-free. Skincare wise, I know salicylic acid and retinoids are bad, but I'm not sure what else.
    TTC #1: 4/16
    BFP #1: 5/16
    MMC at 8 weeks: 6/16
    BFP #2: 10/16 
    Sweet baby boy arrived 7/7/17!
  • @leilac oh god. well, now I know what I'm going to be obsessing about all day!! I've been trying to move all my personal (and household) products to all natural (which are paraban and phthalate free) so I should be good on those, but I haven't checked my make-up at ALL. OY.
    Married August 2016
    TTC #1 September 2016
    BFP 10/31/16
    EDD 7/16/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 4 weeks exact.

What are you feeling currently? I’m excited one minute and terrified the next. I have been queasy on and off, but usually only if I haven’t eaten in a few hours. Also, my boobs feel massive. If they feel this way now, I’m scared for what the rest of pregnancy is going to do.

Will you be team blue, pink, or green? Green!

Do you have any names in mind yet? Well, I have names in mind. I'm not sure that H will like any of them, though. It will likely be something traditional and/or biblical, though.

Any questions for other FTMs, or lurkers? For those of you who don't go for your initial round of bloodwork, US, etc. until you are 8 weeks pregnant, please share tips on how to stay sane. 

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday, and why? Christmas! OMG. I love the holiday spirit. I started listening to Christmas music today and I am so happy now.

• Hey party people!!
    How far along are you? 5w2d

What are you feeling currently? Excitement and nervousness!!!
    symptoms wise- sore boobs that come and go, waves of nausea for the past few evenings, peeing all. The. Time! I am also trying not to complain so whenever I whine, I find myself making sure to thank God at the same time because I'd rather have all these symptoms than no baby. But I think it's also ok for us to have this safe space to complain just a smidge 

Will you be team blue, pink, or green? We are definitely finding out!

Do you have any names in mind yet? We definitely have a boy first name and we are working on a middle name. Girl names are all up in the air still

Any questions for other FTMs or lurkers? Not yet!

GTKY: Christmas!! Has always been my favorite. I love our church's Christmas service, I love the music, the food, the weather, time with family, just everything about Christmas!

TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• kat0607kat0607 member
    edited November 2016
    I finally scheduled my appointment for 11/22! I'll be just one day short of 8 weeks...I'm hoping for an ultrasound to confirm everything is progressing correctly. Is that something I can expect at my first appointment or does it vary by practice? The woman I spoke with was just an appointment scheduler, so I got the feeling she didn't know too much. I told her I was pregnant and when the first available appt was 11/22 she asked "is that too far away?" Lol...
  • kat0607 said:
    I finally scheduled my appointment for 11/22! I'll be just one day short of 8 weeks...I'm hoping for an ultrasound to confirm everything is progressing correctly. Is that something I can expect at my first appointment or does it vary by practice? The woman I spoke with was just an appointment scheduler, so I got the feeling she didn't know too much. I told her I was pregnant and when the first available appt was 11/22 she asked "is that too far away?" Lol...

That's the same day as mine! I was told they'll do an u/s for sure. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @GlitterFish awesome!! I'll be thinking of you that day for sure! :smile:
  • @kat0607 @GlitterFish I just talked to my obgyn's nurse (who is AMAZING) to make my appointment, too! Sounds like that first appointment will include an US that should show a heartbeat (eeek!!) and what will look a peanut :) 

Also, I'm going to a "Healthy Pregnancy" Class at my obgyn's office tomorrow evening. There's a Q&A session - any burning questions you ladies have that I can try to ask on our group's behalf?? 

Married August 2016
    TTC #1 September 2016
    BFP 10/31/16
    EDD 7/16/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 5 weeks 1 day

What are you feeling currently? Relief over good betas, but now a tiny bit of anxiety over our ultrasound (11/8).

Will you be team blue, pink, or green?  Finding out but no preference other than healthy.

Do you have any names in mind yet?  We have a for sure boy name.  Girl name is still debatable.

Any questions for other FTMs, or lurkers?  Do you all OB's yet?  I was seeing an RE and the mentioned releasing me to my OB, but I don't have one.  So now I gotta go looking.  I'd love a midwife but I'm not sure if I'm high risk and if any will have me if I am.  My last OB was handing out clomid like candy and I could not support that.

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday, and why?  Halloween, it's the last holiday left where you get to see your neighbors, plus everyone goes home with a bag of candy.  

• @Itsnotyourturn I picked my ob based on the hospital at which I wanted to deliver. I saw her for my pap back in February and I liked her, so my plan is to stick with her. Do you have any friends you could ask for recommendations? You don't have to say you're pregnant, you could just say you want a new gynecologist...
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @manillabar Unfortunately I don't have friends in my area.  I could ask my sister though, that is a really good idea!
  • How far along are you?  4w4d

What are you feeling currently?  anxious! I had a loss in July, so I'm super nervous about my early ultrasound next week. 

Will you be team blue, pink, or green?  Team healthy!  My last two embryos were both girls, so I might be slightly team pink. 

Do you have any names in mind yet?  Definite girls name, possible boys name. 

Any questions for other FTMs, or lurkers?  Not yet

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday, and why?  Halloween. I just hosted my third annual Halloween party. I love getting dressed up in crazy costumes and decorating my house in a creepy fashion. My mom always loved it as well and I think it rubbed off.