Pregnant after a Loss
Options

GTKY 10/31

What you do for for work? Career, SAHM? What do you like or dislike about it? What would be your dream job/career?

Re: GTKY 10/31

• Options
    I am a nurse & lactation consultant, working part time (SAHM the rest of the time).  It is a brand new job for me and it really is my dream job.  I love the work and I love being part time too!
  • Options
    I work at a church at the moment and I love it. It was a part time job to earn some money while I was in grad school but I kept it and work more hours. I work in marriage, family, and senior ministry. But DH and I have talked about me being a SAHM for years. Partly because I'd like to homeschool. I was homeschooled and I loved it. But my dream job would be writing. I'm hopeful to be published one day, maybe not while I have little ones at home but in the meantime I hope to keep from getting rusty by blogging. I studied English and Philosophy in college and got my graduate degree in philosophy. So if I was ever an adjunct professor of philosophy part time while my kids are middle or high school aged, that would be amazing. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I work part-time as a web designer (for myself) and take care of my 2 and 6 year old the rest of the time. My husband has a super flexible job (college professor), so we all get to be together a lot - I love it! It is 100% my dream life setup. I have an outlet outside of my kids (SO important for me) but also spend a lot of time with them. 

@HGRich  - That's cool that you liked being homeschooled! I'm homeschooling my 6 yo for kindergarten now and it's been really cool. :) (I wasn't homeschooled, but we just aren't ready to succumb to the school schedule quite yet!)

A

2010: son born 9/1 

2013: 2 miscarriages + d&cs, both at 10 weeks: April & July

2014: son #2 born 6/29

2016: Baby girl stillborn at 21w6d 4/29 and baby boy stillborn at 20w 3d 11/16

• Options
    Right now I'm a SAHM. Before that I worked in different areas of IT for 15 years, 11 of those were at the same place, the one I left to become a SAHM. I really liked working there, but the company was in the process of being bought and they changed my job drastically. Between that, having my first MMC I was so super stressed out. I got pregnant again and both my husband and I agreed we needed to find a way to make being a SAHM work. I was literally breaking out in hives from the stress. We made some huge changes and sacrifices and I've been a SAHM for a year and a half now. Unfortunately, I ended up losing that pregnancy too. Being a SAHM has been awesome and absolutely exhausting at the same time. I would never want to go back to a regular 9-5 again. My dream would be to have a little Etsy shop and have a small little hobby farm. @amwangel I originally wanted to do web design! That's always what I wanted to do but it was easier to get into support and that's just what I stuck with. 
    @hgrich @amwangel That's so awesome about homeschooling! I plan on doing it with my daughter. I really hope it works out for us. Makes me nervous with a second one on the way. Its so nice to hear that you loved being homeschooled @hgrich. How many years were you home schooled for? Did you go to public/private school for high school? 
  • Options
    @amwangel yay! Yes it was the best education. My parents let me charge ahead in subjects I loved and I was reading at a college level in middle school. And I got to go at a slower pace in areas I wasn't as good at. 

@Bok Bagok  it was pretty eclectic. I was in private school for K, then 1-5 solely homeschooled. Around sixth I started taking basic subjects at home and others outside the home. I did band, art, theatre, and French through co-ops or private schools that allowed part time enrollment. I continued that in high school, adding subjects it was harder to learn at home: lab sciences, and then English classes which my mom could have taught but knew I was talented in and wanted a pro to teach me. Also some history and economics so I could have classes with friends. I also took PE and later volleyball at private school, all while doing the rest of the subjects at home. Then my senior year I took two classes at home, two in public school, and two private. Sometimes the schedule was a little busy (I had three brothers all in their own sports), but it was amazing. 
  • Options
    @hgrich so awesome how it was tailored to fit you perfectly. That's exactly why I want to home school. I'm so excited for my daughter. 
  • Options
    @Bok Bagok My second son is 2, so we do most of the schoolwork during his naps - it's been totally doable! They spend their mornings playing (or with a babysitter while I work) - it's so nice that he doesn't have to be in a classroom 7 hours at day at such a young age. 

A

2010: son born 9/1 

2013: 2 miscarriages + d&cs, both at 10 weeks: April & July

2014: son #2 born 6/29

2016: Baby girl stillborn at 21w6d 4/29 and baby boy stillborn at 20w 3d 11/16

• Options
    @amwangel thanks for the encouragement!! 
  • Options
    I work for a major vehicle insurance company and I handle catastrophic medical claims (amputations, paralyzations, severe brain injuries, etc). It's ok. Great pay, decent benefits, flex schedule, paid maternity leave, wtc so lots of perks. Golden handcuffs though.

dream job would be L&D nurse. I was in school for a second bachelors in Nursing to pursue this when we conceived DD1 after years of IF. I as too sick to continue. Hopefully then my last baby is in school ill go back to school, too.

other dream job is yoga teacher. This is a goal by the time I'm 40.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    I am a labor and delivery nurse. I work in a very small rural hospital so we do everything, labor, delivery, postpartum, and NICU.  I LOVE IT and love the people I work with. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    MimoCaMimoCa member
    edited November 2016
    I'm a cook, I work in a restaurant and foodtruck. I can't wait for the foodtruck to close for the season! Lol I don't have any dream jobs except maybe to sleep and be leisurely for the rest of my life and get paid for it hahaha.

Edited for more