July 2017 Moms
Options

Stupid Question Sunday 10/30

Sorry it is late in the evening!

Anyone got any burning questions to ask?

Re: Stupid Question Sunday 10/30

• Options
    Will the doctor be able to give me a more accurate due date? I was charting but 3 days between possible O dates... will the mystery ever be solved??
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    Usually due date can be estimated pretty accurately from a first trimester ultrasound between 8-11 weeks. That being said, doctors usually won't change your official EDD unless the ultrasound results differ from LMP-estimated EDD by more than a week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Agree with PP. My first pregnancy my EDD based on measurements at my first US was 6 days earlier than the LMP date, but they didn't change it in their paperwork because it was not 7+ days. I was 100% okay with that because their due date was later so there would be less talk of induction if he was born late. He wound up showing up between the two dates!
  • Options
    So helpful!! I was really perplexed by all of the calculators adding 2 weeks based on my LMP.

I have one:
    What pre-natal vitamins are you all taking?

There are so many different ones, it's hard to know before seeing the doctor which are 'essential' (beyond Folic Acid) and which are extra. Every website or book seems to say something different.
  • Options

Such useful information! Thanks ladies!

@larksparkle I am using the Naturemade with DHA. It is only one pill, and I take it at night. I have never noticed side effects or nausea or anything. I love it. Also they aren't too expensive

• Options
    @LarkSparkle I take the prenatal gummies from target. 

Do you guys think they'll use my LMP even though I know I didn't ovulate on CD14? It was 13 or 16!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish they will still likely use lmp (because 1-2 days ahead or behind don't mean much... the baby is not like to come exactly on EDD anyway) unless your ultrasound shows that you are over a week ahead/behind for some reason

@LarkSparkle I also use the naturemade prenatals with dha. I wanted gummies but they don't have iron and I'm already starting off with iron deficiency anemia so I figured I could use all the iron I can get
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @manillabar The iron made me feel so terrible when I started PNV that I specifically looked for some without! 

I guess I've been telling everyone the wrong date then, but oh well! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @manillabar The iron made me feel so terrible when I started PNV that I specifically looked for some without! 

I guess I've been telling everyone the wrong date then, but oh well! 
    Actually I was afraid I wouldn't be able to tolerate them, but so far so good! Maybe my body's already used to me shoving extra iron in lol

TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    @GlitterFish exactly what everyone else has said, they'll look at LMP and an ultrasound to get a better idea of EDD. 

@LarkSparkle I take One a Day, been using that brand since my first pregnancy in 2010!! 

I have a couple questions. Do you use the phone app or are you on the computer using the website when you visit here? I use the app but I feel like I might be missing things that only the website shows. 

Are any of you sad that you're not further along so you can have a pregnant Halloween costume?  
  • Options
    glitterfish-2glitterfish-2 member
    edited October 2016
    @Bonbonpaw DH had already bought a skeleton t-shirt for halloween, so I just added a skeleton with baby skeleton maternity tshirt to my amazon order last week - hoping it gets here in time! haha

ETA: I'm sad I'm not further along mostly because we've been trying for 10 months :-P
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @LarkSparkle I take the prenatal gummies from target. 

Do you guys think they'll use my LMP even though I know I didn't ovulate on CD14? It was 13 or 16!
    They will probably just use LMP. If your ovulation date is only 1-2 days away from that, they probably won't even do a scan. And sometimes insurance doesn't like to cover it if it's deemed unnecessary or elective by your doctor's office.

Anecdote: With my first my LMP date would have been May 13. I insisted on a dating scan since I didn't O until CD25. FF told me my EDD should be May 23. The dating scan said May 21, so that's what I went with. Baby came on May 28. Moral of the story: (a) baby doesn't care what your EDD is (b) the only time changing your EDD matters is if it's enough of a difference that you'd be risking inducing unnecessarily. My doctor doesn't like to let you go over 42 weeks. So if I hadn't had a dating scan, I would have probably been induced the day before he came on his own. 
  • Options
    LarkSparkleLarkSparkle member
    edited October 2016
    Thanks all for the vitamin insights, it's sounding like it's really different for everyone and something to experiment with. 

@Bonbonpaw

I'm using a mix of phone and laptop, I think on the phone you mostly miss the signatures. It also feels a bit harder to navigate the different boards. I've read of the app "eating" people's posts, so I try to copy paste from the notebook app. Trade off is it's easier to post on the go and keep u@Bonbonpaw chatter, and its more discrete (e.g on lunch break at work right now)

On Halloween, there's always cute ideas for next year! :) I'm not a big costume person, but even I may push for a themed family costume for 2017 (*scheming*) 

edited for formatting

• Options
    The sad thing is that I am most concerned about my ticker here - I know that baby comes when baby wants! lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I take Rainbow Light prenatal vitamins and Nordic natural DHA. I tried a few types with my first and settled on Rainbow light because the plant based iron didn't upset my stomach. I actually never stopped taking them, since I'm still breastfeed my 10 month old. I think the goal with Prenatals is to make sure that you're taking something and just find a brand that is least upsetting to a stomach already upset by morning sickness.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I take Rainbow Light prenatal vitamins as well on account of it being relatively allergen free and it doesn't have an insane amount of iron.  I also get DHA separately.  Last pregnancy I took New Chapter prenatal vitamins and continued to take them postpregnancy as I was/am nursing - but they are not allergen free and so my little one reacts to them so I stopped.  
  • Options
    I'm kind of sad...I can't get a ticker (even the Bump one) to work in my signature. Help!!! :)
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options

@lfk2013 when you've copied the HTML for the ticker go to your signature screen, click on the button that looks like this: </> then paste the HTML. It should work.

@cait32 I am still POAS weekly until my US appointment to give me piece of mind. The first week after my BFP I POAS daily... #sorrynotsorry

• Options
    @cait32 Used my last CB digital estimator because I thought why not lol and I had my first BFP a week ago. *****TW***** I had a loss prior to this pregnancy so I'm a bit obsessive. However last week I took one midafternoon it said 1-2, and this morning it said 3+, so looks like my levels are rising! Yay! I think I will retire the HPT for now lol
  • Options
    @cait32 my apologies!!!! Fair warning tho, these digital weeks one can freak a lot of women out so as long as you go in knowing that!
  • Options
    @osucma - Thanks! That worked!
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options
    @lfk2013 no problem :)
  • Options
    Hi! Not sure if this feed is still active or if I should be starting a new thread (first time bumper here!). I have a stupid question about calculating the day when your 'ticker' changes. I got my BFP on 11/1, which was four days before AF was supposed to come on Friday (11/5). How do I calculate when I will be five weeks and how do I know which day to start counting? Thanks so much in advance! 
  • Options
    AdaByronAdaByron member
    edited November 2016
    oheliza44 said:
    Hi! Not sure if this feed is still active or if I should be starting a new thread (first time bumper here!). I have a stupid question about calculating the day when your 'ticker' changes. I got my BFP on 11/1, which was four days before AF was supposed to come on Friday (11/5). How do I calculate when I will be five weeks and how do I know which day to start counting? Thanks so much in advance! 
    Count weeks from the first day of your last period. Yes, it doesn't make sense bc it means when you're 1-2 weeks pregnant, you're not actually pregnant yet. So whatever day you started your last period is your ticker change day, and if you count 40 weeks from that, you get your EDD. An app can do this for you.

If you have irregular cycles and believe that your ovulation day was not close to Day 14, your doctor may do a dating scan and give you a different due date a after that.
  • Options
    @oheliza44 Most OB's will go with LMP (first day of your last menstrual cycle) unless you know exactly when you ovulated (by temping).  So if that was a Thursday say then your ticker will change on that day.  Also, note that your EDD may change if your ultrasound scan is off by a week or more.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Happy Sunday. :)