July 2017 Moms

Exercise & Fitness Check-In 10/28

I know we are stil just getting going but better to get started early on the weekly threads!

1: How far along are you
?

2: What were you doing fitness and exercise wise prior to your BFP?

3: 
What are your fitness/exercise goals for this pregnancy? (Maybe # of days a week, type of activity, steps, etc)

4: How are you or have you treated your self since your BFP? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments
!

5: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms?

6: GTKY:  If you could pick one movie to bring with you to a deserted island what would it be?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Exercise & Fitness Check-In 10/28

• JAM85JAM85 member
    edited October 2016
    1: How far along are you? 4w3d

I was doing a lot open water swimming races, Crossfit, Spartan races, and triathlons but I slowed everything down when we decided to TTGP

3: 
    What are your fitness/exercise goals for this pregnancy? (Maybe # of days a week, type of activity, steps, etc) My goals are 5 days a week, 2 master swim team practices and 3 crossfit days and some 20min prenatal yoga routines just to stretch out 2-3 days a week on Gaiam channel and also keep doing 12K+ steps a day

4: How are you or have you treated your self since your BFP? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments
    I am trying to be gentle with myself. I have a lot of balls in the air as it was and fitness is something that is very important to me (I just got certified as a personal trainer) but I know that I may not always be able to reach my goals and being aware of my body's needs comes first 

5: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? I am very happy that I have felt pretty good so far. With my chemical I was having some crazy symptoms during the TWW including some intense cramping so I was afraid that might just be the norm but thankfully it's stayed mild and I have been able to modify my workouts slightly (mostly amount of weight I'm lifting) and keep moving 

6: GTKY:  If you could pick one movie to bring with you to a deserted island what would it be?

This one is tough (and I'm the one that asked it!) but it has to be something I can watch repeatedly and not get tired of it so while it's not an Oscar winner I do love Mean Girls. I always find it insanely entertaining and if I'm on a deserted island I need to keep my spirits up ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1: How far along are you? 4w2d

2: What were you doing fitness and exercise wise prior to your BFP? Title Boxing 2-3 day a week

3: What are your fitness/exercise goals for this pregnancy? (Maybe # of days a week, type of activity, steps, etc) keep going to boxing classes 2-3 times a week, but not participate in the really difficult things

4: How are you or have you treated your self since your BFP? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments! I have lost weight in the last week sine finding out. I am eating a little less than usual because I don't feel hungry, or if I do I eat and then don't like what I have put in my body. I did treat myself to Chipotle guac and chips. That was nice.

5: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Rave: my husband kisses my stomach every morning and talks to our Little Pumpkin. He is really supportive and is okay in my currently non-existent sex drive.

6: GTKY:  If you could pick one movie to bring with you to a deserted island what would it be?  Tough choice. Either Willy Wonka or Music Man. I love both of those movies <3

• Loading the player...

• 1: How far along are you
    ? 4W5D

2: What were you doing fitness and exercise wise prior to your BFP? I have been chasing kids, taking walks and occasionally doing PiYo in my living room.

3: 
    What are your fitness/exercise goals for this pregnancy? (Maybe # of days a week, type of activity, steps, etc)  I'm just hoping to walk everyday, maybe swim more and find a decent pregnancy workout I can do in 30 mins or less at home. I've gained a bunch of weight this year so I'm really hoping I don't gain much more throughout this pregnancy. 

! I'm honestly a wreck, I'm so scared that this pregnancy will end in another miscarriage. 

Im happy and proud of myself for talking about my loss. I had no one to talk to when it happened, and I grieved alone and it sucked. My DH knew but he was busy changing jobs and he didn't know how to support me during that time. 

Grandma's Boy!! 
  • @Bonbonpaw You should be proud about talking about it because it shouldn't be something you have to hide. We are definitely here to support you and we should have a PGAL weekly thread starting soon as well. Lots of creepy internet hugs for you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @bonbonpaw I completely agree with @JAM85 you have a lot of support here! <3 the PGAL thread starts next week. In the mean time reach out if you need anything at all.
  • @JAM85 thanks for the creepy internet hugs, they're  appreciated! 
  • 1: How far along are you? 4 weeks + 1 day

Not much. I sort of hit an exercise peak last spring and ran a few 5-10Ks. But since the school year started again I've really lost steam.

3: 
    What are your fitness/exercise goals for this pregnancy? (Maybe # of days a week, type of activity, steps, etc) My goal is to stay active for the sake of my history of gestational diabetes. I'd like to take a walk every day. This might be difficult in the middle of winter, though, so I'll have to think of something else. I'm going to change my step goal to something like 6-8,000 and use my FitBit to keep me on track.

I've been using my BFP as an excuse to eat everything I want before my doctor tells me not to. Not the best way to approach this, I'm sure. 

5: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, RandomsDoes anyone know anything about gestational diabetes in subsequent pregnancies? I know it's not  guaranteed I'll have it, but I'm not sure if I should be trying to eat well from the beginning or if I don't have to worry at all until the test. 

Probably the longest movie I could find to help pass the time. I'm not really a movie person so I have no idea.
  • @AdaByron I think you are much more likely to have it again and I believe they test you earlier if you have had it before at least that is how it went with my SIL. I would say just watching what you eat and eating balanced (so not too many processed or refinered carbs and sweets as that is really what can make a huge negative impact) and making sure to get a source of protein at every meal and snack is always a good thing 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I haven't posted here yet and I know it's a few days late but oh well, hopefully that's okay...

1: How far along are you
    ? 4wk5d

My fitness habits were on and off. I started an office job 6 months ago and my activity level definitely went downhill from there. In September I tried getting back into it by jogging a few times a week but the cold weather has kept me from being consistent. 

3: 
    What are your fitness/exercise goals for this pregnancy? (Maybe # of days a week, type of activity, steps, etc) I joined the gym! I want to go to the gym at least 5 days a week and walk on the treadmill, if nothing else. I did Zumba and Yoga every week in college and I want to get back into doing those as well. 

! I haven't really treated myself in a specific way, but I am trying to reduce my stress and anxiety level so that I CAN celebrate my body and it's accomplishments haha. Sometimes I get stuck in a really negative mentality which opens the door for lots of anxiety and fear regarding the pregnancy. I know that's not healthy for me and worrying won't change anything...so I'm trying to avoid those thoughts. 

5: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? We told our parents and siblings yesterday and I'm so thankful to have the support. @osucma I'm so glad someone else mentioned having zero sex-drive. I don't think we've done it in like two weeks, it's so strange I just haven't wanted to. Luckily DH doesn't seem to mind and is very understanding.

The Proposal with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds! I love that movie, it always makes me laugh.
  • 1: How far along are you? 3 weeks

walking and yoga (2-3 times a week)

3: 
    What are your fitness/exercise goals for this pregnancy? (Maybe # of days a week, type of activity, steps, etc) My goals are to continue attending 2-3 yoga classes a week, and to become more regimented with my daily walking.

! I'm pretty badass! Though I have treated myself to a frappacchino from Starbucks, I usually stick to the non-fat chai teas.

5: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? First baby, and am wondering what to expect at the first appointment?

Love Actually, definitely my all time favorite movie!
  • 1: How far along are you? 3 weeks, 4 days

Had just rejoined Weight Watchers and was doing Pilates 4-5x/week, plus occasional yoga, spin, and hiking.

3: 
    What are your fitness/exercise goals for this pregnancy? (Maybe # of days a week, type of activity, steps, etc) Do something active every day, even if it's just a walk. Would love to keep up with Pilates, but am a little unsure of the best way (see Questions!).

Lol, I got mine yesterday afternoon so...fine, so far! Planning to eat as healthily as possible until nausea really kicks in.

5: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Still trying to figure out the Pilates thing! I've found such conflicting information on what you can do in first trimester online, but the general consensus says you should tell your teacher. This concerns me a little, since I had a loss this summer and HATED having to tell people who weren't close friends about it. Any advice?

Clueless forever.
    TTC #1: 4/16
    BFP #1: 5/16
    MMC at 8 weeks: 6/16
    BFP #2: 10/16 
    Sweet baby boy arrived 7/7/17!
  • 1: How far along are you? 4w0d

3x per week barre class plus 9k-10k steps per day

3: 
    What are your fitness/exercise goals for this pregnancy? (Maybe # of days a week, type of activity, steps, etc) I'll cut back on the barre classes to 2x per week. A prenatal barre class just started at my studio, so I'll probably start going to that when I get back from a work trip in mid-November (so I'd be 7w-ish at that point). The walking won't change for the near-future since that's how I get to work (and where I log the steps).

! I've allowed myself to lounge around more. I'm probably going to buy some anti-nausea drops to help...big treat since I can't stand any sugar or candy right now.

Hahaha...my favorite movie of all time, ironically called "The Island".
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • 1: How far along are you? 4 weeks

Well, I was supposed to run a half-marathon a month ago, but sprained my ankle badly over the summer. So, I had to take some time off and skip the race :(. Otherwise, my weekly running mileage is anywhere between 15-30 miles. I ran a 10K over the weekend and started marathon training a few weeks ago. I guess that the marathon is not happening now, haha. I'm open to dropping down to a shorter distance, but I'm definitely going to see how things pan out and talk to my OB first.

I usually cross-train or lift a couple of times per week, too. 

3: 
    What are your fitness/exercise goals for this pregnancy? (Maybe # of days a week, type of activity, steps, etc) I want to keep running as much as possible and continue having a healthy relationship with food and exercise. 

! I'm definitely eating more. I'm trying to make sure that most of it is healthy, but I'm letting myself indulge for sure :)

5: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Nothing that I can think of at the moment. 

Since it's November now, I feel that I can say this without shame: Love, Actually 
  • SquishyMommy1SquishyMommy1 member
    edited November 2016
    1: How far along are you? 4 weeks and 6 days

I'm a powerlifter and aerialist in the circus. I do Trapeze, Lyra, silks and Corde Lisse 

3: 
    What are your fitness/exercise goals for this pregnancy? (Maybe # of days a week, type of activity, steps, etc) I will be continuing my 6 days a week training at the gym in addition to 5 days of circus 

! I'm feeling fantastic!

5: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? I can't wait to take maternity photos on the Lyra!

Blow
  • @SquishyMommy1 That's so cool!!! 
    TTC #1: 4/16
    BFP #1: 5/16
    MMC at 8 weeks: 6/16
    BFP #2: 10/16 
    Sweet baby boy arrived 7/7/17!
  • @squishymommy1 OMG your photos are going to be so pretty!