June 2016 Moms

Hair Loss :(

I dont know if a post exists about this but this is driving me crazy!!!!!  :s:s . My hair is getting so fine . Anyone driking something for this? what are you guys doing? 

Re: Hair Loss :(

• rlbrooks84rlbrooks84 member
    edited October 2016
    Crying when more hair falls out during my showers and while brushing. It eventually stops but I swear I'm starting to get a widows peak. I always loose it in the same spots with every child, then when starts growing back I short little hairs in the front. You're not alone!
  • Same, I'm not doing anything besides cringing every time I take a shower or brush my hair... hopefully it slows down soon!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Loading the player...
  • In my case i really dont know when is going to stop because when my daughter was about 6-7 months i got pregnant again so my hair stopped falling and it when back to normal. I heard that drinking biotin is really good for hair loss but i dont know if thats compatible with breasfeeding
  • Same, I'm not doing anything besides cringing every time I take a shower or brush my hair... hopefully it slows down soon!
    Crying when more hair falls out during my showers and while brushing. It eventually stops but I sear I'm starting to get a widows peak. I always loose it in the same spots with every child, then when starts growing back I short little hairs in the front. You're not alone!
    Yeahh sometimes i dont even want to brush or wash my hair is awfull, i miss my pregnant hair!
  • My bathroom floor looks like a woolly mammoth after I brush. I just started taking huge amounts of Biotin. It worked last time, I hope it works this time too.

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Mine is so terrible! For me it's not o Lydia when brushing but even just running my fingers through my hair I get handfuls!! I can't believe I have any hair left !! It's so gross because it covers all my clothes . I don't even want to wear my hair down at work because of how much I loose . If this could stop that would be amazing !!! I'm trying the biotin idea can't make it any worse
  • I swear I'm gonna be bald soon! Now I have the pleasure of the little spiky hair growing back in the front. It's beautiful. Ha! 
  • Does anyone else find your hair all over your baby? It's partly because she pulls on my hair while BFing, but my hair is all over the place. I used to joke with DH when I'd find his chest hairs on her, but  now it's my long hair : (  funny part is, I think she likes it, she tries to grab the strands as I pull them off her ; )
  • I was exhausted from being woken up for the day at 3am yesterday so I pulled my hair back into a ponytail. When I walked past the mirror at work, I noticed that I'm getting a bald spot up in front where I normally part my hair.  I think it won't be too noticeable if I leave my hair down and part it on the other side, but it was definitely the icing on the crappy cake that was yesterday.
  • Mine is noticeable so I have to be aware of how I do my hair, but it's almost hat season so when dropping off and picking up my boys I'll just start wearing hats. 
  • Mine was also noticeable and worse when I put my hair up so I took the plunge and cut 7 inches off the other day.  I was happy I did it cause that same day I noticed one of my old long hairs coming out of Preston's butt after he pooped.
  • Mine was also noticeable and worse when I put my hair up so I took the plunge and cut 7 inches off the other day.  I was happy I did it cause that same day I noticed one of my old long hairs coming out of Preston's butt after he pooped.
    I read this while rocking Charlotte and laughed and she woke up and gave me a dirty look. That's pretty funny!
  • I'm getting my hair done on Wednesday so I'll see what my stylist has to say. 
    Omg!!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
    This hasnt happened recently, but I have done that with my dog before. I will occasionally find one in Jackie's diaper, but I assume they fall in when I'm changing her.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Wanted to add that at least the fuzz that appeared on my prego belly is gone now! That's an upside to the hair loss for sure. Also, I found this Kelly mom article useful on this topic. https://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/hairloss/
  • *Lurking from July16*

So glad to know the hair loss is normal! FTM and was worried. Thank you! 
  • arteduc8 said:
    Wanted to add that at least the fuzz that appeared on my prego belly is gone now! That's an upside to the hair loss for sure. Also, I found this Kelly mom article useful on this topic. https://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/hairloss/
    OMG yes I forgot about that!! Felt like a gorilla for 9 months  :s
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • edited November 2016
    I'm losing hair in chunks.it looks like a gerbil on my shower wall 
  • arteduc8 said:
    Wanted to add that at least the fuzz that appeared on my prego belly is gone now! That's an upside to the hair loss for sure. Also, I found this Kelly mom article useful on this topic. https://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/hairloss/
    OMG yes I forgot about that!! Felt like a gorilla for 9 months  :s
    Right?! I was getting a little worried that it wasn't going to go away. Ugh!