December 2016 Moms
Options

Spooky Stories

Around this time every year, I get obsessed with looking up scary stories on the internet. Of course, I know most of the stories aren't real, but if the tale is good, I don't care! So what is the spookiest thing that has ever happened to you ladies? Or the best scary story you've ever heard? And for the sake of all our sanities, let's leave scary birth/baby stories out of this. I'm looking for fun scary, not "keep me up for the rest of the trimester" scary. 

Re: Spooky Stories

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have any spooky stories of my own to share but I do love reading them.  One of my favorite places to go is the Sub Reddit No Sleep.  They are all written as if they are real and part of the rules of the sub is that everyone has to play along which makes it kind of fun.
  • Options
    l9il9i member
    edited October 2016
    Disclaimer - Mine has a sad and unfortunate ending about suicide so read at your own risk.

When I was in elementary school, I had a friend whose house I would go to a lot to play because she also had an older brother my brothers age so it was a win-win for the parents.  There was always weird things going on and we'd play that we were ghost hunters a lot because we swear we would see them.  Things would get knocked off shelves or counters when no one was near them or doors would open and close, particularly upstairs.  I still remember just generally there being something about that house.  For an unknown reason to me (at the time) we stopped going over.  I soon found out my friends mom died unexpectedly and the kids and dad moved and I never saw them again.  It wasn't until later in life that I learned the mom had become "unstable and seeing things" and one day locked herself in an upstairs bedroom and committed suicide.  It's such a sad story and still to this day it makes me think if the things we saw as children weren't just out "vivid imaginations" but real and her mom was experiencing it too.
    Me: 26 & DH: 25
    Married: August 2014
    TTC since November 2015
    BFP #1 12/17/15 - MC 1/28/16
    BFP #2 4/22/16 - EDD 12/30/16
  • Options
    I don't have any spooky stories of my own to share but I do love reading them.  One of my favorite places to go is the Sub Reddit No Sleep.  They are all written as if they are real and part of the rules of the sub is that everyone has to play along which makes it kind of fun.

This is what I love doing also!! Unfortunately this job has reddit blocked and I'm too lazy to read on my phone. WAHHH
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Okay this isn't me, but I remember reading this on Reddit a few years ago and with some google magic just found it again. This makes me shiver.

I was driving a shortcut from Twentynine Palms, CA to Albuquerque, NM. Twentynine Palms is located in the desolate high desert east of LA. The shortcut was all two lane road through total nothingness, except for passing through Amboy, CA. Amboy is a nearly abandoned town nearly as far below sea level as Death Valley, with a dormant volcano and lava field on one side and a salt flat on the other. It was also, at the time, a hotspot for satanic group activity.

So I was driving by myself in the afternoon. I stopped in Amboy and snapped a picture of the city sign, just to prove I was there to friends who dared me to take that route to I-40. I got back in my car and proceeded to drive up into the mountain range between Amboy and I-40.

Once I reach the top I am driving north through a canyon with high grass on both sides of the road. Up ahead I see some stuff in the middle of the road. As I approach I slow down to see a red Pontiac Fiero stopped sideways across both lanes, a suitcase open with clothes scattered everywhere and two bodies laying face down in the road, a man and a woman.

I stop a hundred feet or so away and the hair on the back of my neck is standing up. Being a Marine, I reach under the seat and pull out a 9mm pistol and chamber a round. Something seemed very wrong, it looked too perfect as if it were staged. An ambush? Was I being paranoid? Something was just wrong. Getting out of the car seemed unthinkable, it was the horror movie move.

As I scanned the road I saw a line I could drive. Pass the guy in the road on his left, swerve to the right side of the woman, behind the Fiero and I’d be on the other side. I dropped it into first gear, punched it and drove the line I planned.

I passed the back of the Fierro without hitting it or either of the bodies in the road. I continued forward a couple hundred feet and slowed down so I could breathe and let my heart slow down. As I looked up into the rearview mirror I saw that the two bodies had gotten up to their knees and twenty or so people emerged from the tall grass on either side of the road by the car and bodies.

At that moment my right foot smashed the gas pedal to the floor and did not let up until I had to slowdown for the I-40 east onramp.

I will never know what would have happened to me had I gotten out of the car to check on the bodies or stopped my car closer to them. Somehow I do not think it would have been good. Sometimes real life can be scarier than a movie.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Another:

In college, I would go home every other weekend to work at the job I had since high school. I would drive directly from campus after my last class on Friday to my job (about an hour) and, after my shift was done, I’d go back to my parent’s house which was out in the middle of nowhere.

My parents weren’t yet home when I got back from work (they often spend their Friday and Saturday evenings drinking like they were the ones in college), so the house was dark and, since it was mid fall, so was the yard – save for the yard light. I pulled into my normal parking spot, got out of the car and then turned to open the back door of my car and get my backpack out of the back seat.

That’s when I noticed that the bathroom light was on.

Was that light on when I pulled up? It must have been, right?

As I was contemplating the light and reaching for my backpack, there was suddenly a very angry looking old woman standing in the window staring at me. We’re not talking resting bitch face here either, she was pissed off at me and I knew it.

We stood there staring at each other for a good ten seconds when my parent’s pulled into the driveway and distracted me from my stare down with the woman in the bathroom. By the time I turned back, the light was still on, but the woman was gone.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Ah I love scary stories! I've always wanted to go
    on a ghost tour. 
  • Options
    I'm a fan of watching ghost shows on tv but they're so staged now! 
    DH is not into getting scared, so I wait til he's gone or in bed. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Okay so about 5 or 6 years ago when my dad was still alive my family went up and stayed the night at my grandma and grandpa's house for some holiday or another. This was pretty normal for us. 

My grandparents house has always made me feel uneasy. No matter where you are in the house you feel like you're being watched. 

So that night we all go to our respective sleeping quarters with me at one end of the hall, my grandparents and parents diagonally across from each other in the middle, and my brother in the living room across the foyer at the other end of the hallway. Around 2 am my brother, parents, and I are all still up in our various rooms reading, Internet exploring, and whatnot. I hear what I assume to be my dad and brother in the hallway talking for a few minutes and I think nothing of it. 

The next morning at breakfast my dad asked my brother what he and my grandpa had been talking about the night before in the hallway. My brother looks confused and says something along the lines of him thinking it was my dad and grandpa. At this point my grandpa simply states that he didn't get up last night. 

We still legitimately don't have any idea who we heard and my brother has since done some amateur ghost hunting with a voice recorder and gotten some actual evidence to back that experience up.