March 2017 Moms

Monday B-Fest 10/24

So, I have a prego brain story -- I got onto TB this morning, got updates on peeps, and thought, "Okay, I'm set!" Yeah, no. I've had a tab open for the past 6 hours to get the B-Fest started. Ooooops.  o:)

Vent away!

Re: Monday B-Fest 10/24

• dubcompaniondubcompanion member
    edited October 2016
    I have two friends that have yet to acknowledge I'm pregnant, either on FB or in person. I've noticed them glance down at my bump and not say anything. One even had a funny look (?) on her face at one point and then averted her gaze. I'm not close to them, otherwise I'd have asked them by now what's up their butt. Their attitude is making me wonder if these are people I'd bother requesting to be invited to my baby shower.

ETA: One of them is still waiting for her bf to propose and the other just got married last month. We announced our pregnancy on FB the week before her wedding. So, I don't believe my pregnancy is a trigger for either of them, at least in regard to loss. (I could always be wrong, but I'm otherwise ruling that out.)
  • Loading the player...
  • So on the topic of MILs, I posted my first baby bump pic on facebook this weekend and my MIL writes a post all creepy mushy and writes " helllooo grandson, i love you". I just can't take it!
  • My pregnant co worker who I really dislike is due any time now (her due date is next Friday). She is supposed to give a big lecture this Friday and I really think she is using the pregnancy as an excuse to not have to do the lecture and have this other person do it (she was asked to do it before she got pregnant). I mean granted I'm a FTM and I don't know how it feels to be 39 weeks pregnant but my personality is that I stick to my commitments and not flake on people. Maybe I'm biased against her but unless her ass in in active labor on Friday, she should be there.
  • edited October 2016
    @Spartanrd4 idk I always feel AWFUL by 39 weeks.  That said, she's known for 39 WEEKS that she'd be pregnant. Why would she even make a commitment for then!? 

My b fest for today is: my husband tells me sometimes that he wishes i cooked healthier meals - like his older sister does. Uh, she has her masters in nutrition. She loves researching food and recipes, and she loves cooking. And she isn't pregnant. And she's about 6 years older than me, and has been a stay-at-home wife for the last 4 years (3 of which she didn't have a kid). I know I've dropped the ball since being pregnant because the sight and smell of meat cooking makes me nauseous AND the energy required to plan/prep and make a daily meal is just too much for me these days. But still, this is like the third or fourth time he's brought it up and it makes me feel a strange mix of ragey and inadequate :-/

eta: he really is a great husband. And I don't think he means it in a mean way, he's just thinking out loud when he says it. But it still stings! 
  • It's so hard to keep my mouth shut, but I do, about my nieces to my brother.  His youngest is 12, and she is soooo beyond spoiled, like it's not cute anymore to hear her whine for her dad to go get her something to eat or something to drink.  my SIL(her stepmom) asked her to bring down all her dirty dishes and dirty clothes so she could wash them and instead she got her dad to do it.. yeah my freakin 5 year old can put her dirty dishes in the sink and put her dirty clothes in the hamper and she puts her clean clothes away but a 12 yr old can't?  my mom is living with my brother and she said she has to just bite her tongue and walk out of the room sometimes because it's so ridiculous. I've been the spoiled kid, I had a big reality check when I was out on my own and I had never cleaned, cooked or done my own laundry.  She's also so addicted to her phone and the internet it's ridiculous, she couldn't even get off her phone for 2 minutes while we did the gender reveal cake. 
    It's like watching a "what not to do when raising kids" reality series. My brother runs two businesses and he is a good dad, he's just completely spoiling her and I know she's gonna struggle when she is forced to grow up. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I usually don't have anything to bitch about but today I do. Let me preface this by saying I absolutely love my husband and 99% of the time we don't fight or get mad at one another.
    I spent all last week looking forward to carving pumpkins with DH Sunday night, as it's become an annual thing for us and between my jobs & school lately it was going to be the highlight of my very long, busy week. So yesterday...I had to stay at work 45 min late, then had to do all our grocery shopping, and by the time I got home he already had his damn pumpkin hollowed out and was starting to draw his design on it. As I put away all the groceries and then started a load of laundry I told him I needed to do a bunch of schoolwork that was due by midnight so I probably wouldn't have time to do my pumpkin and asked if he'd mind waiting to carve them together on another night this week. He said he wanted to do his now and proceeded to carve it. After he was done & put it on the porch with a little candle thing inside he took a bunch of pictures of it...meanwhile my poor pumpkin is sitting there next to his, just waiting and looking left out.... and today! Today he says: you probably won't have time this week to carve yours huh? and then tells me he's going to carve mine tonight... dude, it's MY pumpkin! Yea, my schedule sucks and I prob won't get to it till Thurs. night now, but I still wanted to do it....although the point really was to carve them at the same time. So much for that & so much for our little Halloween tradition :(
    I know I'm being silly & childish over it and I didn't even let him know I was upset over it...I'm not even really mad at him actually, I guess I'm just upset more over my schedule being too full right now and never seeming to get a break...oh well hopefully it'll all be worth it after I finish my masters in the spring, but until then I think I'll continue to feel like I have too much on my plate.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • dizzymom-2dizzymom-2 member
    edited October 2016
    @dubcompanion I have a cousin who has yet to acknowledge our pregnancy. It's going to be a really awkward Thanksgiving when our family is together. Her sister is pregnant also and she hasn't asked her anything or commented on her pregnancy either. She's one of those people that has a hard time not being the center of attention so I think 2 of us being pregnant at the same time is a double whammy for her, but seriously... just say fricken congratulations!!! 

Meanwhile, I expressed to my Mother that we'd like to have our baby shower at a restaurant or other venue because cramming 60 people (both families) into a tiny house isn't our idea of a good time. Her response was "ooohhhh uppity uppity hoity toity" verbatim. Who says that? She has not expressed any interest in hosting a shower or anything either so it's not like we're going against her plans. 
  • Someone on FB yesterday said she was going to slap the next person that complained about being pregnant. It pissed me off because everyone thinks pregnancy is all sunshine and roses, but sometimes it sucks big sweaty donkey balls. Then, when I basically told her this, an admin jumped my ass. 

Also, I'm trying to sell some antique dishes that go for almost $7 per piece. I have 48 pieces and I'm only asking $50 because I only paid $80 and ebay can be overpriced sometimes. Anyhooo, this chick messages me asking if I'll take less and I say no. She asks again but this time adds that she's quite far away (the listing shows my zip code and the pickup location so she knew how far away I was when she messaged) and wants to get these as a surprise for her mom and suggests I knock $10 off to offset fuel costs. Again, I say no that I'm asking an extremely fair price and not willing to go any lower or pay for her gas. She replies that (basically) I'm a meanie for not caring about her issues and she never asked me to pay for her gas, but that she'll pray for me. Just because you sent an invite, doesn't mean I have to attend your pity party.
    The bolded part made me giggle! Clearly something is wrong with you since you won't come down on something that's already dirt cheap. Having a sob story does not mean one has to care.
  • @kiyamurph dude! Thank you! I'm just glad she's gonna pray for me. I just wish she'd have said she felt sorry for my husband, too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • MsTurneyMsTurney member
    edited October 2016
    I am bitching about myself actually. Long story short - I was a teacher, I switched out of a private school due to it being a nightmare - tried to get on the board - never heard back each year. Got sick of it - trying my turn at Corporate training - still not fulling into the department and pissed off at myself for making such a terrible mistake. Every day I PINE to teach.. each and every day.. I try to be positive but I created my own fucking disaster. So lets just say today- I hate myself. 

To add to it.. I applied again this year for the board - NOTHING.. 
    One up side - I am taking courses to upgrade my qualifications, starting November - Feb. 
    Maybe they will actually look at me now?
  • HappyhikerHappyhiker member
    edited October 2016
    ugh, commented on the wrong post. Smart phone issues and/or prego brain here.Brb with what I really meant to say.
  • HappyhikerHappyhiker member
    edited October 2016
    It's so hard to keep my mouth shut, but I do, about my nieces to my brother.  His youngest is 12, and she is soooo beyond spoiled, like it's not cute anymore to hear her whine for her dad to go get her something to eat or something to drink.  my SIL(her stepmom) asked her to bring down all her dirty dishes and dirty clothes so she could wash them and instead she got her dad to do it.. yeah my freakin 5 year old can put her dirty dishes in the sink and put her dirty clothes in the hamper and she puts her clean clothes away but a 12 yr old can't?  my mom is living with my brother and she said she has to just bite her tongue and walk out of the room sometimes because it's so ridiculous. I've been the spoiled kid, I had a big reality check when I was out on my own and I had never cleaned, cooked or done my own laundry.  She's also so addicted to her phone and the internet it's ridiculous, she couldn't even get off her phone for 2 minutes while we did the gender reveal cake. 
    It's like watching a "what not to do when raising kids" reality series. My brother runs two businesses and he is a good dad, he's just completely spoiling her and I know she's gonna struggle when she is forced to grow up. 

That's a tough situation. I don't know if this is a divorce situation, but my DH is super lenient with his teenage kids post-divorce. He's afraid they won't want to be with him if he forces them to do chores or disciplines too much (they don't get away with eveything, just more than they might otherwise). I can't do much in my role as step mom except ask for help from the kids from time to time. Best of luck to your SIL!

edited because the bump wants to keep quoting @serenity13. Sorry about your stressful busy week! Hope you get to relax soon!
  • DizzyMom said:

Meanwhile, I expressed to my Mother that we'd like to have our baby shower at a restaurant or other venue because cramming 60 people (both families) into a tiny house isn't our idea of a good time. Her response was "ooohhhh uppity uppity hoity toity" verbatim. Who says that? She has not expressed any interest in hosting a shower or anything either so it's not like we're going against her plans. 
    I don't understand how a baby shower at a restaurant is "uppity" or "hoity toity"? We will most likely have ours at a restaurant for the same reasons and I had no idea how fancy we were! Lol

My MBF is mostly just wanting to complain about our office starting a remodel this week. I am actually really excited about the changes, but it also means I will not have access to my office for a few weeks. I know that all of my co-workers will be bitching about it and making it a huge deal so I'm not looking forward to that at all.

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• SienaC said:
    DizzyMom said:

I don't understand how a baby shower at a restaurant is "uppity" or "hoity toity"? We will most likely have ours at a restaurant for the same reasons and I had no idea how fancy we were! Lol

Apparently we are living the life of Queens!  :D
  • Who the heck would want that many people at their house!? lol is it uppity to not want to cook for that many people, clean the house and prepare for that many people and then clean up after that many people!? i call it practical lol
  • @Gators&amp;BoSox LOL she surely didn't offer up her house! My cousin is due a month before me and I am helping plan/host her shower (at a restaurant.) Upon receiving the invitation my Mom relayed to me "why can't you just have it at your house???" Ummmm...Not only because there are 50 people on the guest list, but HELLO, I'm pregnant too!!!! 
  • @Happyhiker he has had full custody of his kids since the were 6 months and 3  and the stepmom has been there since the beginning. I'm a stepmom too and my husband is super lenient with his kids because we only get them for the summer but they still pick up after themselves and can get themselves food and they're 9 and 11.  
    Its just hard to watch her act so ridiculous and watch her dad baby her. I tried talking about it with him when she was 9 and explaining how hard it is to be spoiled your whole life and then suddenly be on your own and not know how to do anything  and he just brushed it off. I'm gonna keep my mouth shut because he's the parent but dang it's hard. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I hear you, @librarymom917. Sad for your niece! And it is tough to stay quiet. Good luck!
  • I get it @serenity13.  It's hard when you don't see a break in sight and you're missing something that you really want to do.  Could you maybe buy a couple more this week and have a tradition re-do on Saturday before Halloween?
    Me: 36  DH: 35.
    Married: 8/2005.
    BFP: 6/22/2016 EDD: 3/4/2017.
  • Usually a lurker here, but coming out of the woodwork for yet another MIL rant. We were at a family party over the weekend. She usually doesn't acknowledge my pregnancy, ask me how I'm feeling, any of that. She never has with any of my pregnancies. This weekend she asked DD what she wished for after helping blow out the candles and said she thinks it was a baby brother because she thinks we need more men in this world like DH. Well we don't know what we're having but thanks for letting me know you'll be disappointed if this is another girl. DH is an only child so I know she's dying for a little boy to be just like him. We'll see if that happens but as we are team green we won't know for a while. 

She also could have been trying to make a veiled comment about Trump. As a staunch republican she could never come out and condemn him, but I don't think she approves of him. 
  • @EnglishTeacherMama Can we be friends?? That's exactly how I'm feeling about professional goals right now too! I do care about my students and their progress, but when it comes to having inservice/PD goals, I just want to write, "To have a healthy baby this year" because that's honestly what I'm working hardest for - mentally, physically, and emotionally. 
  • @EnglishTeacherMama @dubcompanion not a teacher but my mom is a teacher, I've heard lots over my lifetime. Sometimes my mom would make kind of simple simon goals, that were ones she kind of already accomplished but just rephrased it slightly. Not sure if either of you could get away with it, but if you think you can, might be worth it.
  • So on the topic of MILs, I posted my first baby bump pic on facebook this weekend and my MIL writes a post all creepy mushy and writes " helllooo grandson, i love you". I just can't take it!
    Lol, I think its cute. But then again I probably don't Have the same history with ky MIL...context is everything!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree. 39 wks pregnant is no joke! 
    Mine was my own mother (and she knows I hate it - I have brought it up multiple times) - freaking comments about how excited she is and how much she loves us and blah blah blah. Like really............this is why I don't post things on facebook..........
    Me 29 I DH 28
    Married in April 2007
    One Furbaby - Adorable Pitt Mix
    15 Months TTC....2nd Cycle of Letrozole - Success!
    Expecting our first two little miracles - Boy/Girl Twins! - EDD March 3, 2017
    High Risk Pregnancy - Type 1 Diabetic; Hypothyroidism; Di/Di Twin Pregnancy

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

• @dubcompanion Yes please! Friendship cemented. haha. I care about my students and my career too, but this is the year of the priority shift! 

@disneybaby84 Rumor has it that our admin haven't been reading the goals the last few years anyway (our staff is enormous and they're due during a busy time of the year), so I could probably revamp previous ones very easily, haha. Good idea! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• @dubcompanion Yes please! Friendship cemented. haha. I care about my students and my career too, but this is the year of the priority shift! 

@disneybaby84 Rumor has it that our admin haven't been reading the goals the last few years anyway (our staff is enormous and they're due during a busy time of the year), so I could probably revamp previous ones very easily, haha. Good idea! 
    Is it bad that I have used literally the same goals for the last five years? Like, copied and pasted? No one gives a crap, lol, as long as I do my job, act like a professional, and obviously try to do my best. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @longliveregina I've done the same thing with my annual self appraisals/goals for work lol  
    Tonight I'm in the middle of writing a paper for one of my classes, and I've totally been copying/pasting several bits I posted on the class discussion board from the beginning of the semester on a similar topic.
    I'm a copy/paste master! (or just lazy ;) )

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @longliveregina @EnglishTeacherMama Yay for making friends! :)
    I finally went with a professional goal that I should be aiming to meet anyway as a SPED teacher. That way it's really not more workload for me other than the "extra" hoops of meeting with admin to talk about the goal and writing a mid-year and end-of-year reflection (which will be amusing to write following an 8-week mat. leave ;)).

Also, I still haven't breathed a word about my pregnancy to parents. Do you think that following a reassuring anatomy scan at the end of this week, I should start speaking up? Or can I hold off longer?  (So sorry if MBF isn't the appropriate place to ask, but since we're on the subject of slacking off teachers...)
  • @longliveregina @EnglishTeacherMama Yay for making friends! :)
    I finally went with a professional goal that I should be aiming to meet anyway as a SPED teacher. That way it's really not more workload for me other than the "extra" hoops of meeting with admin to talk about the goal and writing a mid-year and end-of-year reflection (which will be amusing to write following an 8-week mat. leave ;)).

Also, I still haven't breathed a word about my pregnancy to parents. Do you think that following a reassuring anatomy scan at the end of this week, I should start speaking up? Or can I hold off longer?  (So sorry if MBF isn't the appropriate place to ask, but since we're on the subject of slacking off teachers...)

Your in a weird position because of IEPs. I'd say in general of you are teaching a self-contained class of a small number of kids I'd put out the word prior to winter break. You will probably need to write a letter in the new year to parents on your caseload about who will replace you, right? Or is this something your sub will do? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @longliveregina Good question. We actually have a SPED director (first year ever since I've been teaching), so I will go to him for guidance on this as well.  For the longest time, I didn't want to say anything - being PgAL and all - but now, this might actually be happening. I should probably start figuring out a timeline on when to tell parents. :) I think prior to winter break is a good timeframe!
  • @dubcompanion
    I have told most of my students by now, but my assistant principal (who is working on the maternity leave plan with me) told me that since it doesn't affect Fall semester, to not make any kind of official announcement to parents during it. When we start Spring semester, she will write a letter that both of us will sign and send out. I don't know if you and your director can make a similar plan, but that brought me some stress relief, so it might be a tactic to consider. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• Ugh I received comments about what I should and shouldn't register for.  Ok people - calm down.  But honestly I don't care, I'm registering for everything from a passifier to a car seat, so every price point to be mindful of all budgets, if that offends anyone - grow up or don't attend.
  • Ugh I received comments about what I should and shouldn't register for.  Ok people - calm down.  But honestly I don't care, I'm registering for everything from a passifier to a car seat, so every price point to be mindful of all budgets, if that offends anyone - grow up or don't attend.
    ? What a weird thing for other people to complain about. "You have too many options!" lol. Its too expensive? So...don't buy it? My husband's family kept composing that we didn't have enough big ticket items on our registry for our first. I was like, well, this is what we need, so......
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @longliveregina maybe I am being harsh because it's her....I just know she hasn't wanted to do this presentation at all (she was asked to do it, didn't volunteer for it) and she is flaky in general so if she could use it as an excuse she would.

I'm sure being 39 weeks pregnant is no joke and I will probably feel the same. But for the most part she seems to be doing okay...I mean she was still working out and doing yoga several times a week until recently. Anyways I guess if you don't know this person it doesn't seem that unreasonable....she is lucky that someone else is willing to take her place at last minute.