PGAL Check-In 10/24

HGRichHGRich member
edited October 2016 in Pregnant after a Loss
1. How far along are you? 

2. How big is baby? 

3. Symptoms this week?

4. Appointments? 

5. Rants/raves/questions: 

6. GTKY: what song or artists has been your jam recently? What has you pumped and energized? (Or alternately, calmed and soothed?) 

Re: PGAL Check-In 10/24

• 1. 15 weeks--EDD 4/17

2. An Apple!

3. Lightning crotch. Gas/bloating. Ligament pain. Acne. Some nausea and nasty taste in mouth remains but I honestly think it's coming from my vitamin. 

4. Regular ob check in this week, but will schedule gender and anatomy scan while I'm there! Ahh! One more month and so excited to see baby again. 

5. So I know it's early for a FTM but I really wanna be excited and hopeful so I'm sharing anyway: Saturday night I felt little flutters down where baby has been last couple times I used my Doppler. Felt like tiny bubbles popping. Felt it again the next morning but nothing last night. I don't know if it's gas or baby but I can't wait to feel baby for sure! 

6. I've been listening to mostly needtobreathe, one republic, and ed sheeran. My guilty pleasure song right now is "side to side" by Ariana Grande. I can't help it.  :D But my specific song on repeat is "kids" by one republic. 
  • 1. How far along are you?  17w 1d 

2. How big is baby?  
    I had an ultrasound on Friday and baby is 70th percentile for weight at 6 oz! And measuring 5 days ahead in length. 

3. Symptoms this week? 
    In between the nausea and active baby in my belly stage (that I hope is coming!). Mostly just a belly that is getting impossible to hide. :) (This was me yesterday wearing my shirt that usually makes me look not pregnant! Ha.)

4. Appointments? 
    Nothing till election day! I have my anatomy scan and a midwife appointment. I'm hoping so much it goes well and I can finally feel a little more hope for this baby.

In an effort to protect my sanity and mental health - I've forbidden myself from Googling anything about baby movement and anterior placenta. Hearing/talking/worrying about baby movement is soooo triggery to me since I didn't feel much last time and am not again this time. 

6. GTKY: what song or artists has been your jam recently? What has you pumped and energized? (Or alternately, calmed and soothed?) 
    Walk Off the Earth!! It's my favorite lately - and my 2 year old's favorite so we rock out a lot to it. :) For calming, Jon Foreman. I love him.

A

2010: son born 9/1 

2013: 2 miscarriages + d&cs, both at 10 weeks: April & July

2014: son #2 born 6/29

2016: Baby girl stillborn at 21w6d 4/29 and baby boy stillborn at 20w 3d 11/16

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How far along are you? 17w4d

2. How big is baby? Pomegranate

3. Symptoms this week? Headaches and heartburn at night 

4. Appointments? Yes, tomorrow for a targeted US. I also got my amino results back, everything came back normal. I am in complete shock cause I was convinced it would have found something wrong. Of course there is yet another test called a micro array that they can send my amino sample to for even further testing for stuff the amino regular karyotyping might not pick up. The draw back from that is our insurance probably won't cover it and it'll cost a couple or few thousand dollars to get. So the plan is to get the US tomorrow and then talk everything over with the MFM and see what we all think. But wow, I cried and was shaking when the nurse told me everything looked ok. She sounded so grim on the voice mail.  

6. GTKY: what song or artists has been your jam recently? What has you pumped and energized? (Or alternately, calmed and soothed?) I use to listen to new music all the time and always liking new bands. In general I like drop kick murphys, the black keys, and bluegrass type music. Now that I have a toddler I'm embarrassed to say I've really learned to appreciate the Disney radio on Pandora. My past self would be in shock. 
  • 1. 15 wks.

2. Apple.

3. Still nauseous! Usually lasts until 16 weeks for me historically so we shall see. Exhaustion persists as well.

4. N/A.

5. Rave: I am so happy to be doing prenatal yoga. It's so centering for me and it's nice to take a bit of time for myself and this baby each Sunday morning.  The class is quite challenging and it's nice to resume my practice as I am a lazy lump during the sick time and being lazy doesn't make me feel like myself.

6. I love all the same old stuff I always love :)  Marc Broussard, Citizen Cope, Tristan Prettyman, Ben Harper...

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Yay for great results @Bok Bagok !
  • 1. How far along are you? 15w4d

2. How big is baby?
    Box of Crayons

3. Symptoms this week?
    Nada

4. Appointments?
    Amnio/16 Week (Early) Anatomy Scan.  Not sure if I've ever posted here, but we had a fetal Echo on 10/14 and baby's heart looks normal (previous pregnancy, daughter had CHD). 

6. GTKY: what song or artists has been your jam recently? What has you pumped and energized? (Or alternately, calmed and soothed?) Nothing really, always Adele. 
    DS1 - 9/18/12
    DD1 - 3/23/16 - Survived for 1 Hour; Forever my Angel
    Baby #3 - EDD: 4/14/2017

• 1.  9w2d
    2.  A grape I think?
    3.  Nausea, fatigue, hemmoroids, constipation, random vaginal pains, allergies bad since I'm not on all my meds...so yeah....bucket of fun around here
    4.  Not until next week
    5.  Rant:  I'm so emotional today and DH is crabby so it makes it worse. Also- insomnia sucks!! For weeks now I haven't been able to fall asleep until 11 or midnight even though I'm exhausted and then I'm awake every night from about 4:30 until 5:30-6 am. Every.  Damn. Night.  So that combined with the hormones is not a good combo. Plus just continued worry that baby is still doing well. My next appointment is in a week thankfully. 
    6.  We listen to a lot of Pandora in our house- Motown, classic rock, Van Morrison,  and Disney princess radio when DD picks! Otherwise I'm a talk radio geek during the day when I'm working. 
  • @HGRich yay for feeling those first movements!! 
  • 1. How far along are you? Actually not sure now, thought I was 7w4 days based on LMP, but used femara to get pregnant and not sure when I ovulated.  Used my connections as labor and delivery nurse to have an OB take a quick "peek" before my scheduled ultrasound on Oct. 27th and It was looking closer to 6weeks or so.  Will know for sure on 27th.

2. How big is baby? Either a sweet pea or a blueberry

3. Symptoms this week?
    Exhaustion, sore breasts (off and on), some nausea, changes in cravings.

4. Appointments? 
    US on October 27th and first OB on Nov. 1st

With a previous loss I am just so freaked out.  My fiance wants me to stop worring and trust that everything will be okay, but he hasn't lost a baby before so he has NO idea.  I worry about EVERYTHING.  I have been craving salty foods but last night I craved candy, before yesterday it would have made me nauseous so I overanalyze that. If I have a day without nausea or smell aversions or sore boobs I convince myself I am losing the baby.  I hate that I feel this way, but how else would I feel I guess. Please tell me I'm not neurotic and crazy!!

My fiance created me a love song playlist when we first started dating and I listen to that almost daily now, it reminds me that no matter what happens he and I are still solid and will get through it together.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • You are not crazy or alone in your worries, @NatalieGentry ! My symptoms have been coming and going all along and all is well so far- some days I'm nauseas all day and others maybe one small wave of nausea around 5 pm. My breasts stopped hurting for several days and then all of a sudden were really sore again. The timing and randomness totally play with your mind! hang in there! 
  • @nataliegentry not crazy at all! I'm pretty sure all of us here have had our moments of anexity. There was one time early in pregnancy I was SO sure I lost the baby because very strong symptoms I had went away for a day or two that I called my OBGYN hysterical crying over it. They were nice enough to squeeze me in and do a quick US. Needless to say everything was fine. It's not easy, but you'll make it through and be OK. Vent here anytime you like!
  • Bok Bagok Thank you for letting me know I am not crazy.  Ultrasound is in the morning. So nervous. Will let you ladies know how it goes!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers