March 2017 Moms

Fit Mama Check-In: Oct 24th!

Happy Monday! Eek! Last full week of October!? 

1: How far along are you
?

2: What are your goals for the week ahead
?

3: How was last week?

4: How are you or have you treated your self? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments
!

5: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms?

6: GTKY:  Did you find out/are you finding out the sex of your baby? What makes you want to know now vs. not know till birth 
?

Re: Fit Mama Check-In: Oct 24th!

• Loading the player...
  • 1: How far along are you? 21w+1d

? Get at least another 25 miles in this week. It will put me at 91.52 for the month so far :D

3: How was last week? One of my better weeks :) I got 27.9 miles in via road/treadmill/elliptical. Also, I have been feeling less ravenous (and feel full easily), so it's been giving me more time to make good, healthy meal choices. I still had things like pizza and a chicken cheesesteak, just more more reasonable (and surprising) portions than what I normally eat.

4: How are you or have you treated your self? Celebrate your body and its accomplishments
    ! Still eating some chips regularly :) Working out in general makes me feel so much better and seems like a treat!

5: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? I've been annoyed easily by other people lately. Must be the hormones. Normally, when I run this much I'm too tired to care about people and their silly antics.

6: GTKY:  Did you find out/are you finding out the sex of your baby? What makes you want to know now vs. not know till birth 
    ? We used SneakPeek at 9.5 weeks, had a boutique ultrasound at 16.5 weeks and triple confirmed last week (20.5weeks) that we're having a boy. I've had names picked out forever and we just wanted to call/treat the LO like they are an individual :)

• edited October 2016
    Hi Everyone!!! Happy last week of October!!

1: How far along are you? 20 weeks + 4 days

? To maintain minimum of 4 days of working out.... But shoot for 5!
    MON: CrossFit with my brother :)
    TUES: Cardio (if I have the energy after a morning of traveling back home to Cali
    WED: CrossFit + Upper Body Weights
    THURS: Cardio + Lower Body Weight
    FRI: CrossFit + Cardio

3: How was last week? It was decent. Worked out 4 days which included 1 CrossFit workout, 4 days of Cardio, & 2 days of Lifting. I was hoping to squeeze in a CrossFit workout with my brother once I got to Massachusetts but the schedule didn't work in my favor. 

! I'm sharing more of my challenges with my body image with friends who have been through it. It's giving me better perspective.

5: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Ugh the heartburn !!!! It's kiiiiiilliiiiiiing me !!!!

? So I've been told I'm a little strange .... I have no desire to find out. LOL! I just envision giving birth and hearing my husband announce "It's a ....." as he lays our Baby on my chest. I can't wait for God to reveal His surprise to us when our miracle arrives!!!!!
  • @triwellnessgirl Eat some TUMS or Rolaids! I hate how chalky they taste, but really... I never had heartburt before getting pregnant and two TUMS changed my life.

• Hi @beadleerick !! TUMS were my best friend for about a week until I told my Doula.... she has advised that I back off the TUMS. She said that a lot of tums is not good throughout the pregnancy because of the calcium in it, it then in turn can calcify your placenta which is not a good thing.  I was averaging at least 5 / day.  She sent me a natural remedy with apple cider vinegar that I'm afraid to try because I hate acv!!! LOL!! 
  • Ah, @triwellnessgirl ! Bummer- moderation is definitely important, but it's so hard when something works! Fingers crossed that you can acquire a taste for ACV!

• 1: How far along are you? 17w6d

? 4 workouts & trying to limit my candy consumption

3: How was last week? Not good. I was too busy & only fit 3 workouts in. I'm usually able to get 5 in and that's been my goal lately, so I'm saying 4 this week because I know I'll be lucky to get that and don't want to feel like I'm falling too far behind again. 

! Still sneaking pieces of Halloween candy every now & then... 

5: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? I just left a rant on the B-fest thread so I'm ranted out haha... Question/concern: I haven't felt the baby move at all yet so I'm not sure if I should start to feel concerned yet? I know he's fine and I saw him moving around a lot at my US appt. last Thurs, just thought I'd feel a few flutters by this point.

? We found out because we're impatient. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @serenity13 I wouldn't be too concerned. According to my midwife it's not uncommon to not feel anything until like 20 weeks. I only really started LO in the last week. I know it sucks when everyone else says they're feeling them and you're not yet. But it'll come soon. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1: How far along are you? 18+5

? Try to workout 4 days and rear healthier meals

3: How was last week? I only got 3 workouts in and was bummed about it, but it was my first week back at it and I had a very busy schedule so I'm trying to remain positive!

! I went out of town for a girl's weekend with 5 of my closest friends and we had a great time!

5: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? I second @triwellnessgirl about the heartburn! Mine has been out of control the last couple days! I was popping tums whenever I had discomfort but my friend just informed me this weekend that tums gave her kidney stones when she was pregnant so now I'm scared to use them!!

6: GTKY:  
    Did you find out/are you finding out the sex of your baby? What makes you want to know now vs. not know till birth? We are hoping to find out on November 10th at the anatomy scan!! I can't wait to finally refer to baby as he/she and by his/her name! We can finally start decorating the nursery and finish up our registry! I think knowing the baby's sex will help me bond more too  :)  

@serenity13 I wouldn't worry about it too much yet, some ftms don't feel movement until closer to 20-24 weeks! I haven't felt anything yet that I knew was 100% was baby either!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• @serenity13 just another chiming in : ) Pretty early for kicks so don't worry! I didn't feel the teeniest little "maybe" movements with this LO till closer to 19wks even though I'm a STM. And "definitely kicks" didn't start till around 21. It's easier said than done-but don't worry! I'm sure it'll The "oh my gosh, stop kicking so I can sleep" days will be here soon!! ; ) 
  • I also treated myself by buying my first pair of lululemon wunder under leggings and now I'm completely obsessed!!! Thanks to the ladies on here who recommended them! We will now be a little poorer as I am already thinking about buying more in different colors!  ;)

• thanks ladies!! I feel better knowing it's fine not to have felt any movements yet... I guess I'm just impatient like I was with the finding out the sex haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @serenity13 ! I, too, got nervous when I was at 17/18 weeks and didn't feel anything, especially when I was reading the threads on Bump where so many were saying they were. I met with my Doc at 18w for a check-up and she found a strong a heartbeat and told me not to worry. I am now just under 21 weeks and can definitely feel the Baby :) I'm sure all is well, but I can understand your worries and frustrations. Hugs!!!

@SienaC ooooooh Wunder Unders!!! Simply the best!!!!! :)
  • @kjd291 that's so awesome you got a great workout in! I love the countdown too! :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Super Fab idea, @kjd291 !!!!!!
  • Happy Monday! Eek! Last full week of October!? 

1: How far along are you? Today (19.5)...Thursday 20 weeks!

? Get over this cold that's been kicking my a**

3: How was last week? Last week was Ok...aside from getting this cold. Im on my second round of antibiotics and a steroid pack.

! Workouts have been scant because I am trying to heal my immune system.

5: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? I have snissed and cough-snissed more than I want to admit

?  We are having a boy. =)
  • Congrats @kjd291 so happy for you! Love your countdown too!!!

• @vino831 I feel you on the cookie front!! I keep hiding my baked goods around the kitchen hoping if they aren't in an obvious spot that I won't eat them.  False.  I usually use coconut oil instead of butter, cut at least half the sugar, add add some flax... so when I do give and eat half a dozen I can tell myself they're (mostly) healthy ;) 
  • How's everyone doing so far this week?
  • I've been feeling lousy because of sinuses (pressure and stuffiness) this week, but have still managed to put in 9.5 miles running Monday and Wednesday. Felt too crappy to function Tuesday. Planning to get 4-5 miles in each day for the rest of the week. Strangely enough- I breathe best when I'm working out and the pressure lifts.

@kjd291 I'm glad to hear your hip is feeling better. How are you managing the sugar addiction? ;)

• @kjd291 I'm glad to hear your hip is feeling better. How are you managing the sugar addiction? ;)
    I'm not ;) hahah.  Jk. So far I think I've been doing better than weeks past, but still not great.  I'm trying to find that middle ground for healthy and driven --- but also giving in and letting my pregnant self enjoy treats guilt free.  It's hard to find balance!! Usually I'm an all or nothing kinda girl-I would rather not have one cookie if i can't keep eating them and have six.  DH doesn't help things, the only way he seems to know how to show me he supports how hard this pregnancy is lately is by bringing me candy and other junk!! Grrrr. Doesn't help to remember the holidays are approaching.... and that always brings so many amazing treats with it!!!  I'll just be over here chanting to myself.... "Moderation, moderation, moderation."
  • serenity13serenity13 member
    edited October 2016
    I'm so proud of myself for NOT eating any candy/junk food yesterday - I'm going to try it again today and see how it goes haha. That was the first day in I don't even know how long it's been since I haven't caved in to candy. About to get my 3rd workout in for the week now before getting ready for work... hoping to get a 4th in tomorrow morning & if I'm super ambitious Sunday morning I'll try for a 5th!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jenny0228 I'm so happy to hear the AS went well!! Mines Friday of next week. It feels ages away. 

Haven't been to the gym once this week. Still sick with this stupid head cold DH gave me. I feel like it's never going to go away. I just want to breathe again!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited October 2016
    @rw3190 & @npaulie ... I hope your colds go away soon!! That really stinks!! (And it's my biggest fear!! I was concerned I'd catch a cold during my flight back East, but luckily, I didn't! Phew!) Keep us posted!!

@jenny0228 ... CONGRATS on the awesome AS! That is so so so so great!! How exciting!!

@serenity13 ... awesome job with staying away from sweets and your workouts this week! YOU GO GIRL!

@Bradleerick ... GREAT JOB with the running, despite the sinus issues! WOW!! 

@vino831 .. Thanks! Yeah, CrossFit'g with my bro was awesome. It was a tough workout, but I managed to push through and finish 36 seconds before him. Hahaha....

(Have I told you lately how AWESOME you all are!! Thanks for being here to chat with. You all ROCK!)
  • @triwellnessgirl We LOVE spaghetti squash with meat sauce (turkey or beef) and butternut squash. One of our favorites is halving a butternut squash and roasting it until tender, scooping out the "meat" and mixing it with some cheddar cheese/salt/pepper/finely minced garlic, then put it back in the shell and put a couple slices of raw bacon on top. Pop it back in the oven on broil for like 10 mins to get the bacon crispy. You can cut it in slices and eat the whole thing (shell included). So good! Kielbasa and cabbage rocks my socks too. We may be food twins!

• @bradleerick omg that sounds amazing. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • (Have I told you lately how AWESOME you all are!! Thanks for being here to chat with. You all ROCK!)
    Second this! and back 'atcha! :)

• Ooooooooh @bradleerick ... YUM!!! I didn't realize the skin of the butternut squash was edible! AWESOME!! 
    #FoodTwinning !!!
  • Thanks. The head cold has finally started to let up. I mean.....this IS my second round of antibiotics. I only took one pack of the steroids bc I am concerned about the risk of birth defects.

My little angel and I went on a walk together yesterday and today I plan to walk for 30-45 on my lunch. That makes a whopping two work outs this week.

• I managed to get in 2 yoga workouts so far but yesterday I bailed on running because I had a terrible headache and it was raining. I'm planning to run at least 3 miles tonight and maybe try for another run on Friday morning! Since we will be in Denver this weekend I'm positive I won't be working out there!

@jenny0228 congrats on the great AS! Mine still send like an eternity away but I'm so excited!

@vino831 I haven't heard of them before but I know what I will be doing on my lunch break now!!  :D 

• @jenny0228 yay for a healthy happy baby!!! 

So sorry for those of you who are feeling sick :( hope you kick it soon! DH is home sick today... so i think I'll probably be joining you there soon. Ugh. 

@triwellnessgirl I'm glad your sweet tooth seems to have disappeared!! And awesome job tracking food!! I keep meaning to do that so I won't feel so bad and will see I need all the food I'm eating instead of feeling guilt with food, but I've been making excuses. Maybe that will be my next weeks goal.  And wahoo for a hubby being on board with food! The hardest part here is my DH is not on the health wagon at all--I feel like I'm feeding a 5yr old and sneak veggies into his food. Bahah. 

I want tag each and every one of you and say something specific but I have a miserable little toddler this week---so I'll just finish by saying that: you ALL kick butt.  I'm really proud of our little group! 
  • Thanks so much @kjd291 !!!! I weighed myself this morning and interestingly enough, I am down .5 lb since the last time I weighed myself 2 weeks ago!  So now my total weight gain is 9.5lbs in 21 weeks. I hope to continue focusing on healthy eating, tracking calories, & sweating with my baby!!! 
  • @triwellnessgirl wow!! Super mama! Keep it up. 

I downloaded a food tracking app--and at 3in the afternoon it says I still need 1,400 calories for the day. Hahah. Clearly my food guilt is unwarranted.