Infertility
Options

New here. after post IVF failure (Child mentioned)

wannabemamiwannabemami member
edited October 2016 in Infertility
Hi everyone. I am relatively new here and did not know how to start my own Discussion. I had started my IVF journey last year. I had past history of two ectopic pregnancies and had lost one tube with the remainin tube blocked. So after going down the checklists of tests at the Clinic where i wasbapplying for a State Grant my doctor said i couldnt start until i removed the tube. So i felt hirrible but went through with it. Then when i thought all hope was gone i heard that i was able to start reapply for the grant this year. It was once again like an emotional ride in a roller coaster first they find a cyst then its gone then another e comes my cycle cancelled and im on bcp which made me feel horrible. RE said my bloodwork show high Fsh levels so he made me increase dosage of BC pills finally i get a cyst Aspiration and stop the pills hoping to get AF before the grants deadline. I started spotting and was able to start. Everything seemed to go fine after the Egg retrieval I started feeling major pain. So results were. Out of 14 eggs 12 retrieved 9 fertilized with Icsi and 5 make it. Then inget a call that they werent ready for my 5 dt so i had to wait one more day if not they were gonna get discarded! I cried my heart out n on day 6 i get the call. When i got to the clinic the  news was that 4 made it but 2 look good and theol other two didnt so i had no Frozen embies.The DH and i were so happy he was convinced i would be preggo. He has a daughter my step daughter but we looked forward to having baby or babies of my own... but 8 dpt i got my period

Re: New here. after post IVF failure (Child mentioned)

• Options
    Hi and welcome to the boards @wannabemami - I'm so sorry about your hard journey and I'm sure as much as you love your step daughter, it must be difficult wishing to share that experience with your husband. I hope you find your happy ending soon. These ladies are an excellent resource in the meantime :) Big hugs. 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011
    Me: 32, DH: 32
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis

• 2012 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
    • 2013 - 1 Fresh IVF with 2 day 3 embryos - BFN
    • 2014 - 1 Frozen IVF with 2 day 5 embryos - BFN
    • Took a long break, continuing trying naturally
    • Feb 2016 - Biopsy = Endo, DH sperm improved from 1% to 6% morphology
    • March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Sept 23rd - Lupron Depot Injection for Endo control
    • Nov 15th 2016 - Started daily Lupron Injections for upcoming FET
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • Dec 16th FET transfer of 3 embryos (1 - AA, 2 - BB)
    • TW below
    • Dec 22nd - first ever bfp (very faint lines FRER & cheapie)
    • Dec 27th Beta = 192, Dec 29th Beta = 379
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Follow along at http://liv4today.blog
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    @oxinfree Thank you for welcoming me. Yes you are right I love my stepdaughter dearly but the yearning to have a baby of my own doesnt go away. But im still hopeful. Thanks for your support!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome @wannabemami. I'm so sorry for your difficult journey! I just went through an ectopic pregnancy myself and it was heartbreaking. I have one try left but am very nervous as I know my chances of an ectopic are higher now. This is a terrible roller coaster we're on. 
    TTC #1 since August 2013
    Unexplained/ Endo
    Medicated IUIs # 1-3 BFN
    IVF #1- BFN
    FET #1- BFP; Ectopic pregnancy found at 7wks
    FET #2- February 2017 BFP  Beta #1- 119 (8dp5dt) Beta #2- 475 (12dp5dt)
  • Options
    @lilmissslp take advantage of that try with your good fallopian tube. Unfortunately when i got preggo the second time it was unplanned. I wish i would had counsyled by an RE back then but maybe it was meant to be that way. Hopefully yours will be a normal pregnancy second time around. If not dont give up. There is still IVF. Its a hard journey but if you suceed it will be woth it! Best of luck! And God bless!
  • Options
    Thanks @wannabemami. I still have both tubes. By one try I meant that we only have two embryos left to transfer (we'll transfer both). We're doing IVF already. We had one fresh transfer and one frozen. 
    TTC #1 since August 2013
    Unexplained/ Endo
    Medicated IUIs # 1-3 BFN
    IVF #1- BFN
    FET #1- BFP; Ectopic pregnancy found at 7wks
    FET #2- February 2017 BFP  Beta #1- 119 (8dp5dt) Beta #2- 475 (12dp5dt)
  • Options
    Oh. Ill hope the best for this try!!
  • Options
    Hi and welcome @wannabemami! While our stories our different, they are very similar. All the hugs to you for your difficult journey that has led you here.

Me: 28  DH: 28
    TTC #1 since Nov. 2015
    Dx: Both tubes blocked, PCOS, DOR, RPL
    IVF Cycle #1 Dec. 2016 - 11R·11M·5F - Transferred 2 - BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    IVF Cycle #2 March 2017 - 5R·4M·3F - Transferred 1 -  BFP - Miscarriage - 0 Embryos Left
    Instagram: KateDoesIVF