Baby Names

Thinking about girl names...

So girls run in our family, so we kinda have our favorites passed down from each child. DD1 is Rylee....our 2nd favorite name for her was Haley. When we found out #2 was a girl, Haley was still our favorite name (Madeline/Madelyn was next choice). So now we have 2 rhyming names (it was unintentional, we just happened to like both of those names a lot), and our front runner for this baby is Madelyn (not sure which spelling, honestly). I do sometimes wonder if it is weird if this one (assuming it's another girl) has a different style name than her sisters. The other kicker is that the middle name will likely be Florence (totally NMS, but it is my deceased MILs MN and the other girls have middle names from my side and I want to honor the woman, who I never met, that raised my husband). Although Florence isn't my style, I do think Madelyn Florence sounds kinda elegant and pretty. 

I also like the name Analee (not sure how it's spelled, but I have heard it and it would fit the pattern...pronounced ANA-lee (like Elsa's sister, lol).  But, like I said, rhyming was never my intention it just happened.

What do y'all think?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34

Re: Thinking about girl names...

• IMO you don't need all your names to be similar, such as matching. I think Madelyn Florence is a beautiful name, and would vote to keep it.

also agree with @bbiutmcph anything that starts with anal is a no go.

• Loading the player...
  • I think Madelyn Florence is lovely. Plus, if you really like the rhyme-y thing, Maddie is a very common nn for Madelyn. That kind of rhymes with the others.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Madeline is nice :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Ditch Analee.  All I see is anal.

I like Madelyn Florence.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • My vote is Madelyn. And like pp said she can go by Maddie if you want them to be matchy. 
  • Madelyn Florence is a pretty name. My friend's DD's middle is Florence & it suits her. I have a cousin who spells the first Madeline, so that's my preference, and she goes by Maddie too. Nice choice!
  • Analee is terrible; sorry. All I see is anal.

3 rhyming names is a bit too much and unnecessary, IMO, so I wouldn't worry about it. As PPs have pointed out, she could always have the option of going by Maddie if she felt left out.

As far as the spelling is concerned, I pronounce Madeline and Madelyn differently. Madeline is mad-uh-LINE and Madelyn is mad-uh-LYNN. I would suggest going with the spelling that most closely matches the pronunciation you want.
  • Annaleigh is how I've seen it spelt

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm biased toward Madelyn. ;) But I think Madelyn Florence will fit fine with her sisters. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image