Baby Names
Options

What Do You Think?

I'm just gathering names before we TTC for #2. The name Raven has popped in my head a couple of times, I have no idea if DH would even like it but I do. I also don't mean to stereotype or be rude but would Raven work on a white girl? If this name would sound ridiculous (it may be to DH for all I know) don't hesitate to say and maybe a suggestion or two that is similar in taste? Thanks.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: What Do You Think?

• Options
    My daughter has a classmate named Raven who is white......I have never thought of Raven as belonging to any ethnic group, It COMPLETELY is nms....but probably because of my daughters classmate. hahaha,,,,she is a peach!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All I can think of is Raven Simone.... but I agree, you have to be kind of a BA to make that name work. Maybe you become a BA if your name is Raven... chicken or egg??? HMMMMM
  • Options
    Raven is one of those names that fits a certain type of person so well no other name could work for them, and looks completely ridiculous on everybody else. 

It's less about ethnicity and more about being a boss ass bitch.
    Pretty much this.  Raven isn't the blonde hair blue eyed pig tail wearing shy girl in the corner

• Options
    I totally agree Raven only works on certain people/personality. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    While I am not a huge fan of the name, the only Raven I know personally is a white woman
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Raven makes me think of Raven Simone and the Poe poem.
  • Options
    I know, I think of Raven Simone too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    what about the name appeals to you? is it the nature reference? the mystique? maybe then we could give some suggestions. (babynames.com suggests LunaVioletScarlettOliviaAutumnAuroraAria)
    The McC 3 - DH, (38) Me, (34) and DS (3)
    A.J.M. - Born 6/11/13 after 17 BFNs including 1 failed IUI.
    Maybe Baby #2 - Started TTC Feb 2015. Called it quits after 29 cycles. 
  • Options
    I like Raven. The few I know are black. I've never met one of a different race, but I don't think it would be weird on any race of person. 
    The Ravens I know are all really sweet, beautiful, young ladies.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    I don't care for the name, even on a purple girl with yellow polka-dots.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• Options
    Not a fan of Raven. Do you like Wren? Sounds a little similar :)