March 2017 Moms

Anyone else feeling irrationally nervous for their anatomy scan?

Re: Anyone else feeling irrationally nervous for their anatomy scan?

• I'm more excited than nervous, but I totally understand the irrational worriers... I am one, in general... Just not about the anatomy scan, for some reason. Of course, mine is still almost 3 weeks away... Perhaps as I get closer, the irrational side will appear. But, I definitely don't think that your fears are abnormal or uncommon at all. Try to relax and remember that the vast majority of scans go great. Write down questions that you may have, beforehand, so that you don't wish you had asked afterward.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have my anatomy scan on wednesday night and i am very nervous.  We didnt do any of the testing. I had a scan done around 8 weeks but that doesnt show much of course. 
    On one hand i am excited to find out if we are having a girl or boy and on the other i am nervous about what else we could find out....
  • Loading the player...
  • Me me! It's not until a week from Friday, but especially since I haven't been feeling a whole lot of movement yet I'm worried something's wrong. We didn't have any testing done either. I'm trying to be excited, though.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Yeah same here @datalover13. I felt some movement here and there,  but not
    much. I did have the screening which was all good, but just kinda nervous. I remember right around this time with my first I also  was freaking out because I felt awesome and didn't feel any movement yet. At least with this one I still feel pretty sick sometimes, but still can't wait till the scan is over.

I wish my doctor could do it instead of someone I've never met before. I think that adds to the anxiety. 
  • oh me for sure! I haven't felt this little one move much, and i know it could be placenta placement but i keep thinking that i'm going to see something terrible on the screen, and my five year old will be with us.  I'm just anxious to get to the 25th!
  • I am a little bit! My scan is on the 27th. Right now, it's more excitement than nervousness. But after the CF scare at 13 weeks right before my NT scan (and thus, not really being able to enjoy it), I feel the need to brace myself just in case there's more bad news I'm not prepared for.

Everything has been going well, so I have no real tangible reason to worry, but I think that's just part of motherhood!

DH: 29
    Me: 27
    Married 9/20/14 
    BFP: 7/3/16
    EDD: 3/13/17

BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm nervous even though we've done genetic testing and I'm starting to feel him all the time now. Anxiously awaiting my appointment wednesday morning! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am super nervous! I didn't do any of the testing and I have not had a sonogram since 7 weeks and he/she looked like a peanut. I am excited to find out if we are having a boy or a girl so that's what I am trying to focus on!
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 04/14/12
    DS: 10/15/13
    BFP #2: 7/22/16  EDD 3/25/17
  • I am. My appointment isn't for another week and I'll be 23 weeks along by then. There are some days that she kicks all day long and some days she hardly kicks at all and those are the days that worry me. My last OB appt, she hadn't been kicking that morning and I had prepared myself to not hear a heartbeat at the appointment. When it took a bit longer than normal, I just knew I had been right. Fortunately, they found it. I worry about nothing.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I have mine Wednesday. I go back and forth with the worry. Everyone is just excited to find out what I'm having but hello, there are bigger things they are looking for here. I was being very vague with when it was for a long time because I worried if something was wrong I didn't want everyone blowing up my phone and fb about it. 
    I wasn't like this at all with my first. Ignorance is bliss? haha
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't think it's irrational to worry at all. It's perfectly normal to be concerned for the health and development of your child. I have mine scheduled for the morning of the 24th and I've been counting down the days. For us, so long as everything is normal, its our milestone where we feel like we can relax a bit and will begin to prep and buy what we need for baby's arrival. Until that point, I'm always worried. 
    ME: 26  |  DH: 33
    Dating: March 17, 2008
    Married: May 18, 2013
    BFP: August 16, 2014
    Our rainbow baby after two losses. Rest sweetly, my angels. 

IT'S A GIRL!EDD: April 10, 2015
    (Formerly known as amandastewart51813)

• YES @Ivorytower2!! I'm with @datalover13 and @kennas88.  i haven't felt really much movement at all (and what I did feel, I'm not even certain I wasn't making it up!) so I'm definitely nervous.  Mine is tomorrow, actually, and every day for the past week I've been asking DH "do you think everything is going to be okay on Tuesday?"

Good luck to everyone with their Anatomy Scans in the next few weeks!
    Me: 36  DH: 35.
    Married: 8/2005.
    BFP: 6/22/2016 EDD: 3/4/2017.
  • I'm with all of you! We skipped the genetic testing, so the AS will be the first opportunity to find out if our baby is healthy. I am almost convinced that something will be wrong. I haven't told that many people yet for that reason. AS is next week.

I actually googled baby movement at 20 weeks today because I haven't felt baby move much lately. From what I saw, it is pretty common to not feel much for days at this point. Baby still has lots of room and has shifted since I started feeling movement. Totally normal, but prego brain...
  • I'm with you ladies. Nervous since we didn't do genetic testing. Also nervous of the baby having Zika because we were in Belize a week before getting pregnant, and we were both bitten by mosquitos :-/
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I seem to alternate between excitement and crippling fear and anxiety. Today was the latter- Cue some ugly sobbing in the car on the way home. Our scan is this Thursday and I feel like this week is just going to drag on. Glad to hear I'm not alone feeling nervous. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm kind of indifferent. I'm mostly nervous to get this one horrible tech, he is not a people person. Everything else I try not to think about, once I start thinking about it more I'll get nervous. Our scan is next month some time so I haven't wanted to worry about it much. 
  • I'm so nervous! I have some definite anxiety tendencies and this part of pregnancy is so hard. Later you can drink some OJ and feel movement, and first tri at least if you are puking everything is probably okay. 

I told everyone at work, including my students and I am kind of regretting it. It is getting really hard to hide but if we had waited until the AS I would feel much better. I always see happy people in the waiting room before their ultrasound and I can't even imagine what that would feel like!
  • I'm terrified.  Mine is on Friday.  I had the Harmony test, so all that has been ruled out.  I've been feeling him on a regular basis since 16 weeks, and even saw some movement yesterday.  I check on him occasionally with my Doppler and all sounds fine.....still terrified.
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes! Mines two weeks away and the fear is starting to creep in!!!!
  • Girl, I am irrationally nervous about EVERYTHING. You're in good company. ;)

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • For the past month, I have been nothing but excited for our scan. Now I'm freaking out!!! They switched ours from a standard appointment to an ultrasound with a high risk doctor because I have a degenerating fibroid. Now I'm on bed rest and we find out more after our scan on Thursday. 
  • @peony2418 Thinking about you today and hoping you have a great AS!

@npaulie I also have the same worry about Zika since DH and I were in Mexico shortly before conceiving! I have had several ultrasounds to make sure baby's head is growing at the appropriate rate but that's not the only thing that could go wrong. We didn't do any genetic testing either so I'm very nervous!!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• aww, thanks @SienaC!  everything went great, thanks for asking! Doctor confirmed she is a she (I did a NIPT) and they measured everything.  She's measuring about a week ahead.  When is yours? 
  • Aw congrats @peony2418 I'm glad everything went well!! Mine isn't until Nov 10th which feels like an eternity away!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• thanks @SienaC!!  November 10 will be here before you know it!  :)