February 2017 Moms

Monday B*fest 10/17

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: Monday B*fest 10/17

• Yesterday H and I painted the nursery. I always do the trim part since I have a more steady hand. Well after a few hours of going up and down the ladder, today I feel like I've been hit by a truck! I have not been this sore and tired in a long time. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm currently sitting in my car on the side of the road waiting for my husband to come put on my spare tire. On my drive to work this morning, one of my tires decided to blow. Thankfully I'm fine but it's just super annoying because I'm like a quarter mile away from work. I thought about just driving to work but the tire is completely torn up. Ugh. Happy Monday! (Insert sarcasm).
  • My company just announced a voluntary layoff... to be followed by involuntary layoffs starting next week.  It's going to be a stressful few weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MLRocha That sucks, big time. My company did that two years ago, and it was not a fun time... but you can get through it!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @MLRocha sending you T&Ps! I hope you make it through the next few weeks alright.
  • @MLRocha good luck, you'll be in my T&P.

My MBF is not that bad. But some friends of our had their wedding yesterday, on a Sunday night. It was 2 hours away and I am so exhausted. On top of that the chairs were really hard and it aggravated my Sciatica. So now I'm sleepy and can't really walk. It's going to be a long Monday.
  • I'm back at work after a week off. My vacation wasn't very restful because I was entertaining my parents, my dad drove me nuts, and of course they wanted to know when they could come down around baby time. I pushed the date back as far as I could so hopefully baby girl comes relatively on time so we actually have some time to ourselves. Plus that will be my mom, dad, and sister coming for a week and I'm really anxious about having to deal with all 3 of them on top of everything. Then the plan is that my dad and sister will go home and my mom will stay at our house so I'll have someone around when H goes back to work. I really don't know how that's going to go...

And I came back into work today to a bunch of random notes and stuff moved for no reason. It's my boss' wife that fills in for me when I'm out and I really don't like when she's here. She doesn't know what she's doing!  

Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a class I'm taking for graduate credit until 7:30pm tonight. It totally sucks. I have to teach all day, get my daughter off the bus, run to the grocery store, and get to class.  I am always sooooo tired by the end of the night monday!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @MLRocha how stressful! Sending positive thoughts.
  • @yogadevil Thank you for making me snort-laugh with "massive butt problems." Also I'm sorry and I hope your kitty feels better. 
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • Vastra said:
    @yogadevil Thank you for making me snort-laugh with "massive butt problems."
    ^^^DITTO!!!! Hopefully kitty feels better soon!
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• @MLRocha sending you positive thoughts and vibes!

@Vastra my H and my mom are both anti-flu shot so I feel your pain! They both claim that the one time they got the shot, they got the flu that year (which is bogus since the paperwork I got from my OB states that the vaccine does not contain live flu)! My mom even works with kids (as do I) and you would think she would get a flu shot to protect herself and the kids she works with!
  • @Vastra That's really annoying! My H originally didn't want to get a flu shot, because he almost never does. And the one year he got the shot, he ended up getting the flu. But once I reminded him that the baby is coming in the middle of flu season and we need to do whatever we can to protect him, he had an "oh, duh" moment and said of course he'd get it. He actually got it on Saturday, so now I am feeling better. Your H's argument that no one around him when he was a kid had the shot and he was fine (in summer) is silly... That's just good luck. I hope you can make him understand how important it is!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @MLRocha That is so stressful! Been though that a couple of times. FX for you!
    @ColeBug89  UGH. PEOPLE. I may make him wear a mask around the baby. 
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • @madamerwin Glad yours came around! Mine might. He's not only weird about "pumping junk" into his system, he's stubborn AF. So we'll see. I might have to quarantine him. 
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • @cruffino oh man, I'm not sure if you've read my rants on my own MIL but we have a lot in common lol. Thankfully you and your DH are on the same page in dealing with them! I'm sorry they make little snide comments and are making this harder on you
  • @yogadevil  i have to go back and read your rants. my MIL is extremely talented at the snide comment.
    i'm sorry your dealing with it too, but glad we're not alone!
    welcoming our ewok 2/6/17
  • @lfrank12 I feel your pain! We painted the nursery this weekend too and my back was in rough shape all day yesterday. Hope you feel better soon!

@MLRocha so sorry to hear that you're in for a stressful time. I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best!
  • Last night/this morning our 3YO climbed in bed with us. I could not get comfortable for the life of me. I asked DH to scoot and he said he couldn't. I asked him how that was possible and he said "we're all getting bigger".  Finally, after she dozed deep enough I carried her back to bed. On my way back in the room I saw my husband had like an entire person's worth of space on his edge and his pillow was like halfway on mine. WTF. Sleep is precious.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I came in to work this morning and the first phone I get is some customer bitching at me for 20 minutes over something that was 100% his own fault. It's gonna be a fun day :/

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• @MoonOverGoldsboro I'm going to sound like a snobby hippie or something like that right now but please don't douse your furniture in Raid. I had a flea issue with my pups in early pregnancy and we were able to get rid of them without chemicals. It sucks I know. We once moved into an apartment that was infested and the apartment knew about it and had tried to fix it but didn't tell us until after we discovered the fleas. Awful! 
  • leslie1331leslie1331 member
    edited October 2016
    @MoonOverGoldsboro- Those are pretty big problems in my book- especially the fleas. They are sooo annoying. Then I feel like I have them and constantly itch too.   Hopefully it clears up soon for your sake and your poor pup!! 
  • @moonovergoldsboro That is a lot to be dealing with. I hope you are able to get the flea thing figured out, I'd be nervous about all the chemicals while pregnant too. I also hope you are able to get the leak solved! Have you had another roof come out for a second opinion?

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• @MLRocha thats really rubbish, having been through it twice before myself its not a fun time. Fingers crossed you'll be safe.
  • @homemake HA, you do not sound like a snobby hippie! I actually really appreciate you saying that, because I really want to avoid Raid and appreciate a cheerleader. :) I am going to proceed with treating our pets and doing multiple rounds of laundry and thorough vacuuming. It does seem minor right now, so I'm feeling cautiously optimistic that we can beat them without chemical intervention.

@leslie1331 Thank you! We actually had a terrible case with our cats once (we had moved into an apartment that was infested), and the fleas bit me up LIKE CRAZY. That's actually how we realized we had them. The fact that I have no bites now makes me feel a little better, because the problem can't be that extensive.
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • @MoonOverGoldsboro try a mix of apple cider vinegar and dawn dish soap on the animals. We had better luck with that than we did with flea shampoo/medicine. Hopefully the furniture isn't too bad so you don't have to Raid it all! That sounds scary right now!
  • @MoonOverGoldsboro fleas are the WORST. Good luck.

@Vastra I hope your H gets his flu shot ASAP.

*hugs* to ladies with family boundary issues. Stay strong!
  • @scifichick09 No, we haven't gotten a second opinion yet, and we definitely need to. I've been dragging my feet because between doctor's appointments and a bunch of other work we've had done on the house (NESTING MODE!), it's been hard to find more time to squeeze it into my work schedule. But I know I really need to quit my bitching and just get the dang thing done. Adulting is so hard.
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18