June 2016 Moms

daycare dilemma

arteduc8arteduc8 member
edited October 2016 in June 2016 Moms
My sister and I were able to work things out.  She was able to shift her work schedule and her sister in law will help watch the kids so my mom can watch DD every day.  Thanks for the support ladies! 

Re: daycare dilemma

• Sounds like your sister may be a little jealous, in addition to being a little selfish. I almost think your mom should really be the one to talk her off the ledge. I think if she stresses that she's giving you the same peace of mind she gave her regarding who is taking care of her babies and dealing with the fall out as it comes.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • It sounds like you're at a standstill, and I think your mom has to be the one to make the decision here and just go with it. Neither of you have a "right" to your mom's help, it's a gift from her and she needs to choose where to give it. She can just tell your sister that in order to be fair she wants to offer to you what she gave your sister, and tell your sister to seek other options.

It sounds like your mom is unwilling to do that, and either way she is making a decision- she is telling either you or your sister to look into daycare because she is unavailable.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds like your Mom is the one that has to put her foot down and make the decision. Your sister sounds selfish and a cheapskate. 

Nothing wrong with daycare, though. Thanks to them, my son has a schedule and has developed some routines. Plus, he gets to be around other babies and he loves it. If you must go daycare, know that it will help them develop social skills
  • I would say it needs to be your mother who says she is done watching your sisters kids. For starters it seems like she doesn't want to watch them anymore anyways new baby or not. Your sister is taking advantage of her and she is the only one who can end it.
  • arteduc8arteduc8 member
    edited October 2016
    Thanks for the support ladies!