Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

TTC after 2 miscarriages this year. (2016)

wlr88wlr88 member
edited October 2016 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
2 miscarriages in a year, I wasn't expecting. I have no problem getting pregnant, just can't keep it passed 6 weeks. Trying to stay positive and TTC naturally.
Has any one had a good try with being pregnant #3?  I'm so nervous and scared to loose another.
Also would like to TTC again naturally or seeing a DR. Can anyone one tell me what kind of tests Dr's do? 
Any advice will help. It's just so frustrating. 
Thank you in advance for your comments. 

Re: TTC after 2 miscarriages this year. (2016)

• @wlr88 I have also had 2 miscarriages this year, 1 in May, and the other a couple of weeks ago. I've just had a Recurrent Loss Panel done, which is where they do a ton of blood work to see if there's anything causing it besides genetic abnormalities. I'm still waiting on the results of those before TTC again. I'm terrified of miscarrying again. I'm not strong enough to go through this again. I'm sorry for your losses and I wish you the best of luck. I'd like info too on if anyone else has conceived successfully after 2 repeat miscarriages. 
  • I've had two miscarriages this year as well. I had a mmc in April at 10 weeks and a natural mc in September. I had a blood panel done about three weeks ago and it all came back normal for me (still waiting for results for a gene analysis). Even if it all comes back ok, it will be good to know that I'm doing all I can. I've also had some thyroid issues so that could be a problem too. I'm also taking an extra folic acid supplement and a baby aspirin. I think if someone has three miscarriages there might be more intensive testing. I can't imagine having another loss at this point. Im going to wait two cycles to see if that will help my body heal itself more. My Dr said that he sees patients have normal pregnancies after two miscarriages. GL to us all!
  • Loading the player...
  • *****TW CHILD MENTIONED*****
    I have never participated in the loss group simply because I didn't find this community until recently. I just want to share my story because when I was going through the same thing all I could do was cling to hope.

I too suffered through two miscarriages in a year (2015). My doctor refused to do any kind of testing until I had lost a third.  When I did get pregnant for the third time in late November 2015, I prepared myself for the worst and hoped for the best. My doctor prescribed me progesterone supplements (it's a possibility I have a luteal phase defect but Dr. isn't entirely sure) and I was told to take baby aspirin in addition to my prenatel vitamin. I truly believe the medication helped me because I am now breastfeeding my rainbow baby as I type. Don't give up hope! Your rainbow is just around the corner!
  • **lurking** **tw current pregnancy mentioned**

Like you, I don't struggle to get pregnant, I have trouble staying pregnant. I had two early miscarriages 6 months apart in 2015. I had a recurrent pregnancy loss blood panel to look at my thyroid, blood clotting issues and anti-Phospholipid antibodies as well as a saline sonogram to look for issues with my uterine lining. 

The AP antibodies were "Indeterminant" too low to be a true positive but too high to be a true negative so they told be to start taking baby aspirin after ovulation. The sonogram revealed a small uterine septum that I had removed later that year and I was also diagnosed with PCOS which can cause miscarriages so I changed my diet. I am now 28 weeks pregnant with my rainbow. 

I totally understand the fear of trying again - between testing, having surgery and just needing time to heal emotionally we took almost a full year off TTC. Give your self as much time as you need before you try again. Best of luck to you on your journey. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• I've heard that when you have more hope about trying again than fear, that means you're ready. 
  • for me, I had to kind of grit my teeth and just try again. I was already looking at a HR and AMA (high risk and age 35+) PG if we were successful. I didn't have a lot of time to think about how I felt about TTC again. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • Ashley.GAshley.G member
    edited October 2016
    I know a lot of obgyns will see patients after their second miscarriage. they will usually run some tests (bloodwork) to determine if there is any underlying cause that can be determined. they are more specialized so they generally ensure your progesterone is at the right level before you ttc again. then usually lots of early u/s to see how development is going, as well as checking hcg levels. don't give up hope! I've had 2 m/c this year (currently going through my second) and we're hoping 3rd times a charm and we'll get our rainbow baby. make sure to wait till you're emotionally ready though, or the added stress from constant (and completely uncontrollable) worrying will make it a lot harder if you get a bfp before you're both physically and mentally ready. good luck and stay strong!