June 2017 Moms

Pregnancy announcment!

edited October 2016 in June 2017 Moms
I know it's still early but has anyone else figured out their pregnancy announcment? 
When will you be announcing publicly?

Pictures welcome :)
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Pregnancy announcment!

• I don't know that I'll do a social media announcement. If we do then it won't be until we know the sex or I'm obviously pregnant in any pictures that are posted. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Last time around we took a photo of our fur baby with a sign that said "They're getting me a little sister in October". We posted on social media after our baby shower because we did a gender reveal.

This time? Probably something with the dogs again. I haven't begun thinking about the fun stuff yet.
    Can't wait to see cute pic from others though!!

• We will do it the end of nov...our plan is to put dd in a thing 1 shirt and take her ball that say thing 2 and have husband hold her and me hold the ball with the thing 2 showing with a message on the bottom that says coming June 2017
  • @MKRLTX Yes! We are planning to tell both sides of the family when we see them at Thanksgiving, too. Guess I better figure out if we're doing something cute or just blurting it out...
    hahaha

• DH wants to wait until we see everyone at Christmas, which is what we did when I was pregnant with DD (also born in June), but i'll be further along at Christmas this time, and I don't want to wait that long.  I mean that'll probably know as soon as they look at me by then...i think i'll be like 16 weeks already.  I have a Big Sister t-shirt for DD, so we'll probably just take a video of her wearing it and send it to immediate family, and let them spread the word however they want to.

Last time I didn't announce on social media until almost a month after the anatomy scan, so if I decide to do that this time, it will be more of the same.  I basically only said anything because I looked so obviously pregnant at that point.  My two BFFs already know though.  Basically they knew as soon as a got a BFP.  One of them just had her first a few weeks ago, and the other got a BFP the week before I did.

• I'm thinking of doing something with a baby sunscreen bottle...more to come
  • I put DD in a big sister shirt and she ran up to my husband and he lost his shit. I got it on video and ive wacthed it about 17 zillion times.

As for our parents, I want to upload a video/pictures from my phone onto a digital photo frame of DD and then at the end have a photo of baby #2 ultra sound. I am just go illiterate when it comes to that kind of stuff. 
  • @MotherofDragons I agree. I probably won't do a social media announcement...it isn't my thing. I'll just let people figure it out through pictures...although I hardly post those either haha.
    Me: 28  DH: 30
    Married 5/8/2011
    TTC #1 since 9/2015
    BFP #1 1/14/16, MC 3/23/16
    BFP #2 9/21/2016, EDD 5/30/2017
  • I'm excited to announce to family and friends over Thanksgiving! I've decided not to do a social media announcement though. While struggling with infertility it was so painful for me to see pregnancy announcements on facebook that I had to stop opening facebook for almost a year. I just would hate to give others who might be struggling the same feelings I had. So, I just plan on telling people personally.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • I think we might actually announce on social media on thanksgiving day. I'll be 13 weeks then. will probably buy a shirt for DD that says big sis on it and is a thanksgiving type theme.
  • We already announced to our parents, we put DD in a "Big Sister" shirt for DH's parents and siblings. Mine I just called as soon as I found out. My best friends already know as well. We will probably continue to tell family when we see them, but will wait to announce to the world until closer to 2nd tri. No real ideas yet on what we will post, maybe shoes of some sort. 
  • @MotherofDragons I agree. I probably won't do a social media announcement...it isn't my thing. I'll just let people figure it out through pictures...although I hardly post those either haha.
    This is exactly my approach.  I tell close friends and family in person that we are expecting, but that is it.  Everyone else figures it out when we have another wee one in pictures that we infrequently share online (although I too am not an avid social media user).  I love seeing the comments of "Wait... you were pregnant!  You have another baby!?"
  • CJ086CJ086 member
    edited October 2016
    We plan on getting DS a shirt "only child status expiring June 2017" and having him wear it during holiday get together and see if anyone figures it out!

Eta: wording 

photo 0828131617b_zps9ddbb9a9.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• We are doing something similar! DS will be thing one, my husband thing dad and I will be thing mom. On my belly I'm doing a tiny circle that says thing 2

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Our families and my close girlfriends (those I'd go to if I had a MC anyway) already know. DH will tell his friends when he's ready. Neither of us will do a big social media announcement. Just not our style. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Our immediate families already know... I tell my mom pretty much everything, and apparently it wasn't fair to tell here and not his mom. (Sigh)
    I figure we'll tell extended family on Thanksgiving (I'll be almost 12 weeks) and then sometime after that post a cutesy announcement picture on FaceBook with our dog. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • mrlight said:
    I already shared this in another post, but we took pictures of our dog for when we want to announce on social media. All of our close friends and family already know.
    Oh my goodness... that is SO cute!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm not sure if we will do anything creative for family, but I've been thinking of doing something subtle on fb by having a candid pic of one of my twin boys (baby B, born 2nd) wear a 'Big Brother' shirt so only those that know my boys will get it... and I'm more than ok with that.

We already have the older one wear 'Big Brother' and the younger one wear 'Little Brother' shirts occasionally, so it wouldn't be odd to see them in that type of shirt.
  • Yailani23 said:
    I want to do something creative this time around. When I was pregnant with DD I just posted a status saying I was expecting, really boring but exciting for me.  

I'm hoping to have a little more fun with it this time, maybe even involving DD. I pitched this idea to DH today, since DD has an odd obsession with Super Mario. I'm thinking I can find the costume cheaper after Halloween?

That's one is super cute we looked at something similar as well!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Last time I took a picture of our dog wearing a shirt that said "If you rub my belly, I'll tell you a secret..." on her back and then a picture of her showing her tummy that said "I'm going to be a big sister!"

This time DD will wear a big sister shirt when we visit family and we'll wait until someone notices.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been browsing Pinterest (confession: while TTC I browsed ideas for every possible season we could announce during and just moved to the next idea after a couple failed cycles). I'm thinking of announcing in December with a holiday themed announcement. I just haven't settled on wording/images I like yet. Good thing there's time!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • We'll probably tell our parents after the results of our second blood test, just to make sure my HCG levels are on the rise.   When I was younger, my mom would always tell us she was pregnant on Thanksgiving (I'm the oldest of 6 and we were all born in the summer months) and I'm tempted to tell the rest of the immediate family (siblings and grandparents) then for traditions sake, but I'll only just be 10 weeks and I'm a little worried that's too soon??

I'll probably need to tell my best friend soon cause she's invited me out for happy hour twice since I found out on Tuesday.  She'll figure it out anyway when I order a mocktail.   I'll probably tell work and the rest of my friends just before the Christmas break, and do some sort of social media announcement once I start to obviously show.
    Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married: June 2014
    DS Born 6/22/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm in no rush to tell everyone.  My very close inner circle of friends and family know right now for emotional support.  My further out immediate family will know on Thanksgiving - we announced on Thanksgiving last year, very early in the pregnancy, and had a miscarriage the following Monday..hence my hesitation.  Everyone else(my students families and social media people) will know after my anatomy scan..probably sometime in January. I will probably Etsy some cute shirt that I find for my son.
  • @HollyGolightly09 Thank you!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 25 | DH: 29
    Married: October 27, 2012
    TTC #1: November 2014
    MC: March 2016
    BFP #2: October 2016
    Our fur-baby is a black Labrador Retriever.
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5a8aa2/
  • I'll be announcing this pregnancy during our Disney world vacation thanksgiving week! My son will have a shirt I found on a small shop Instagram that says "Brother Mouse" while holding my ultrasound and I want the picture in magic kingdom if possible! 
  • kaymiller913kaymiller913 member
    edited October 2016
    With my first, we announced to my brother and parents by giving them binkie and letting them figure it out. This time, I dressed my daughter in this shirt to tell my Husband. I just sent my brother a picture of the positive test and we'll have out doughty wear the same shirt to tell his parents and my mom. 

It'll be a bittersweet announcement for my mom this time, because we lost my dad in May and he would have been so excited.

Edited: Stupid spell check...
    Married: September 13, 2014
    Me: 26 DH: 29
    DD: August 4, 2015
    DS: June 2, 2017
    TTC # 3
  • bornmommybornmommy member
    edited October 2016
    For our family I am going to put this apron on at our Thanksgiving -

All the in laws and my side get together sometime around Thanksgiving at my house 

For social media - we will have a friend take some pictures of us being crazy and say something like "As if we didn't have enough crazy to go around... adding #3 in June 2017" 

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• mrlight said:
    I already shared this in another post, but we took pictures of our dog for when we want to announce on social media. All of our close friends and family already know.
    Love, love, love this! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~