June 2017 Moms
Options

GTKY: (Eww addition) Won't stay in vs. can't get it out Debate

**Warning: bodily functions about to be discussed**

So I have been reading about everyone's morning sickness (won't stay in) on the threads and was counting myself lucky. I didn't have any morning sickness with DS and haven't had any so far this time.  Then, this weekend, my pregnancy nemesis showed up, constipation (can't get it out).  Last time, I was on Colace and Metamucil the entire 9 months and still NOTHING.  So, it got me thinking, apparently I need more going on in my life, which is worse? Hopefully, no one is experiencing both.  So as a very important pregnancy topic. What is the worst pregnancy symptom in your opinion?

Me: 34  DH: 35
Married: July 2009
BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

Re: GTKY: (Eww addition) Won't stay in vs. can't get it out Debate

• Options
    Ohhhhh I had all the things with DS and really struggled with constipation.  To me the most "ew" and embarrassing component of which came in the form of hemorrhoids.  I literally was laying on the couch with a bag of frozen peas at one point because the pain was so bad.  #awkward  With DD I couldn't keep much down and the heartburn sucked hardcore.  I guess you could say both ends have been an issue across the pregnancies, but the worst had to be the lower half backup with DS.  Please God... let me keep my veins inside my body.
  • Options
    F hemorrhoids @elyse1384, I am with you on that one. They got worse each pregnancy.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh the heartburn! So much firey reflux Any kind of band (read: waistband, bra band, etc) was like a torture device. Food made it flare up, but so did sitting, bending over, lying down, drinking anything hot... Thought I wouldn't make it through 3rd tri with my horrible heartburn. I spent the last 8 weeks or so sleeping totally upright so that I didn't wake up choking on reflux in the middle of the night

• Options
    Heartburn that then causes nausea and/or vomiting! It's the absolute worse. I don't know if it's so bad for me because I am already diagnosed with acid reflux pre-pregnancy but this is horrible. It is a vicious cycle that I feel like will never end.
  • Options
    Vomiting. I lost a ton of weight with my second pregnancy because all I did was vomit. From about week 8 to week 24. It was all the time, uncontrollable vomiting.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    Nausea and vomiting for sure. I'm a nurse so I have to explain to almost every patient why I look like I'm about to throw up/why I just threw up in their washroom (even worse since I work in the hospital- throwing up in a public hospital washroom). Basically everyone I work with knows I'm pregnant already because I was almost sent home so I wouldn't spread my illness to anyone- nope, just pregnancy related! I was sick from 6-25 weeks with my daughter so I'm hoping this is gone by at least 15 weeks this time. 
  • Options
    Constipation and hemorrhoids are by far the worst, IMO.  

I was on Zofran for MS and it immediately stopped me up and it didn't relieve my MS...that's a special level of hell.
  • Options
    For some reason I get diarrhea early in pregnancy. Happened with my son and it's happening now. I can't stop pooping. It's terrible. 

• Options

I suggested this in the Friday ticker change thread last week, but I know not everyone was on there...I use the Fiber+Calcium Prenatal gummies (they do not replace your prenatal vitamin, they are in addition to).  Target makes a generic version and you can get the name brand on amazon.  It seems to help with the constipation.  I had it last time around too, until the bitter end (and then I had the opposite problem...I must have pooped 100 times in the 24 hours before DD was born).

I had TERRIBLE heartburn last time, starting around 24 weeks.  I had never had heartburn before in my life and had no idea what it was when it first started happening.  It was so bad that I let the doctor write me a prescription for the preventative Zantac - so the kind you just take twice a day and it prevents the heartburn from happening at all.  I didn't give in on that front until 4 weeks of heartburn, which by that point could NOT be managed by Tums alone, and it was AMAZING.  I didn't take it any more once DD was born, the heartburn stopped the second she was outside of me.  I will do that again more quickly this time if necessary.

I am thankful every day that I never got 'roids with DD.  I really hope I don't get them this time either.  My doctor swore to me that because DD was Sunny Side Up (and got stuck in my pelvic bone for a solid 2 hours - I pushed for 2.5), my next kid should "fall right out of me" provided that it is facing the right way.  That better be true, or I'm suing her for malpractice.

• Options
    @Mother0fDragons, me too! Hasn't started yet this pregnancy but that was my problem my entire first pregnancy. In my opinion, that's even worse than vomiting b/c at least you can vomit almost anywhere...
  • Options
    @delujm0 my prenatal fiber + calcium gummies are arriving amazon prime today!!! So far I've only had a few episodes of nausea, but the constipation is real. 
  • Options
    Assiram42 said:

I was on Zofran for MS and it immediately stopped me up and it didn't relieve my MS...that's a special level of hell.
    That was my experience as well... Zofran made me functional but didn't get rid of the nausea while introducing new problems.  The worst.
  • Options
    Well, this question has made me feel better about my symptoms but very sorry for some of you ladies.  I didn't have roids during my pregnancy it was the two years after that I had the issues and the constipation continued.  It's amazing how these little babies change our bodies in special ways that we never expected. 

• Options
    @MotherofDragons Ugh I've been having diarrhea also. It's terrible. I feel like I spend everyday starting around 9am till around 3:30pm in my bathroom every 10 minutes. I was prepared for morning sickness but I had no idea diarrhea could be a part of this whole thing also. I was not prepared for that.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Assiram42 said:

That was my experience as well... Zofran made me functional but didn't get rid of the nausea while introducing new problems.  The worst.
    Same for me!  I had Zofran with my first and still puked daily. Ugh!  Really hoping it's better this time but I've started feeling sick this week.  I've noticed it more when I'm tired. It's always happened at night before going to bed.  I almost just puked while brushing my teeth!  That would be a new low for me. Lol
  • Options
    My stomach just can't figure out what it wants. Are you hungry? Nauseous? Too full? I'm walking on eggshells here, because one wrong move and it's all kinds of vom. 
  • Options
    @Mother0fDragons @NamelessAria @mamaelle27 Thank goodness I am not alone!  I have completely been thrown off by the amount of bathroom trips with diarrhea.  One of the huge side effects of taking progesterone is constipation...that's not happening at this residence.
  • Options
    I haven't felt sick this time around yet. But any other time I've been pregnant, I've been on the nausea train the first trimester. Then I hop on board the constipation train during third trimester. I live for the middle! Lol They both suck. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    Sad face!  Puked for the first time this morning.
  • Options
    I'm too early for symptoms just yet, but with my last pregnancy I got pretty lucky. My MS wasn't too bad and I didn't get constipated (I know, it's not fair, I'm sorry!) I think my worst pregnancy symptom was insomnia. It didn't start until about 25 weeks but it was awful. I woke up at 2 am every single night and stayed awake until 5 or 6 am. And it wasn't that I couldn't sleep because I was uncomfortable. I was very comfortable. I just woke up, wide awake. 
    Me: 26 DH: 27
    Married 6-15-13
    DS born 4-9-15
    Septate Uterus
    BFP 10/12/16--EDD 6/24/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @NamelessAria, @mamaelle27, @hookemnelson

ugh, it's terrible. And when I think I'm ok, it'll strike when I'm about to walk out the door. What is that about?! 

Everyone is all constipated and I'm over here crying over my poor burning butt.  

• Options
    I've had it all except the vomiting... diarrhea, constipation, and severe gas pains and cramps. DH wanted to bring into the ER over those cramps. I was gassy and constipated at the same time.

I didn't experience any constipation with my first pregnancy.  
  • Options
    With my son I had diarrhea the entire time. Awful. Now it's opposite. Also with my son I had terrible morning sickness for 8 weeks. Maybe that symptom will stay away too?
  • Options
    For some reason I get diarrhea early in pregnancy. Happened with my son and it's happening now. I can't stop pooping. It's terrible. 

Me too. :( I almost didn't make it home in time from a restaurant today. Close one!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    I am pleasantly surprised that my early constipation has passed, for now. Now, I have all I do is poop.  I feel like it is everytime I use the bathroom and being a school teacher in a tiny building, with one staff bathroom, it isn't good.

• Options
    I broke down and bought one of those squatty potty things from target.  It really seems to work.  It's made going poo easier even with constipation.